Benefits to Being a young Mom!

Forum: Twentysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LJD3Tdance

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Twentysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hello ladies! I was just wondering what you all thought the benefits of having your children earlier in life are or why you decided to start your families earlier in life.

Thanks lovelies!!
February 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
All the things that my friends "got to do that I didn't" I still got to do actually. The ones I wanted to do at least. So I didn't see a lot of reason to wait. Also there is never a "right" time to do it, and now some of my friends who have waited are not having luck conceiving and they are questioning their decisions.

For me though, being a mom was the number one thing I wanted to accomplish, so it was first, and then came my college degree and career. Both of which I got while having 5 kids, so I don't think they should stop people from living their lives, they haven't stopped me.
anguisette likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 05:24 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I think one of the best benefits is that when your children are grown you will still be young and fit enough to travel a lot and do whatever you want and you'll have more money and be in a better position to do those things.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
My parents were older when they had me, 45 and 33. I ALWAYS resented having older parents growing up.. they were sick and my childhood was all about who wasn't feeling good what day, going to doctor appointments, and being around older children and adults. I always knew I would never have a kid after 30, it's just too old for me and I want my kids to be little when I'm young and healthy and have the energy for them. I want them to be able to relate to me when they are teenagers, I don't want them to be too intimidated to talk to me about personal things.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

March 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Weight Loss Expert
You get to understand better the mindset of young children while growing when you are still young.
December 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
2BigBrothers1LittleSister's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have more energy than my grandparents who raised me in their 50's.

January 3rd, 2014, 12:46 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
Benefits...I have energy and I'll still have energy when they're 18. And I guess also, complications related to age aren't here yet.
February 3rd, 2014, 03:17 AM
amberbanegas's Avatar Veteran
I think health… And being able to do a lot with them. When they are 13 or 14… You will be able to jet ski, 4 wheel, walk around the mall… ETC. I like that! I notice that most of the parents around me are older… They don't talk to me. They are all wearing square pants and are frumpy… I am glad that I am still well put together!

http://kuwaitandbeyond.blogspot.com

February 25th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Veteran
You get to see how your child grows and your grandchildren in the future!
March 16th, 2014, 08:53 PM
You'll be a MILF, many of your kid's friends won't believe how hot you look.The kids will be out of the house before you're 50 so you'll be still in good shape to travel and do whatever you want.You'll get to relate to your kids more in their teens since it wasn't too long ago when you were a teenager. There's tons of a great pros into being a young mom but the most importantly is,are you ready to be mother at your age?It's not about the benefits of being young, its about what you can provide to your children and you are ready emotionally and physically.
March 24th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Kinsma90's Avatar Impatiently Waiting
Well, DH and I had been married for 5 years when our first was born, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I never really decided having kids young was better, I just did not want to wait. Every once in a while, I wonder if I should have waited until we owned a home, but then I think about how we live comfortably, are insured up to our ears, have two college funds for DD that we started before she was 1, an I'm able to stay home with her 24/7. I just don't have any regrets. I don't like to say one way is better than another, but some pros are that if all goes well, I will live longer and have more time with her. My mom is in her 70s and battling CML Leukemia and it is cruel and unfair that I should lose her so soon in my life. Also, when DD goes to college, I will only be like 40. I will have 25 years to work and invest in a 401k and social security so that DH and I will have even more money for our retirement, and more energy and time to enjoy having the house to ourselves again.

May 26th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Firefighter Mama's Avatar Regular
I wanted to be a young mom for as long as I can remember! I'd rather have the energy to run around outside and enjoy all those extra moments rather than too busy and worry about a career. I'm 23, and my husband is 25...we wouldn't want it any other way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search