Welcome k8janecek

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth Forum Welcomes You with Sadness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2008, 06:15 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Hello,

My name is Katie and I kost my baby girl Eliza Grace at 26 weeks July 29, 2008. I lost her after 13 weeks of bleeding and 8 weeks of leaking fluid. I was on bed rest for 8 weeks and was a few days short of going into the hospital for 8 weeks until they delivered her at 34 weeks. I woke up at 2:00 A.M. and discovered her umbilical cord had prolapsed. I called the hospital I was supposed to go to ans asked if I should go there or a closer hospital. They told me to hang up and dial 911 when the ambulance came I was told they wouldn't take me to my hospital because there was another one closer. After I reached the hospital I was told after the nurses and my doctor did an ultrasound that my daughter had no heartbeat and they induced labor. Since this was 3 something in the morning they had to call in an ultrasound tech who showed up after I was already induced. Quite a while after she did her ultrasound(that I turned my head away from) the nurses came in and shut my I.V. off and tipped my bed so my legs were higher than my head. My doctor came in and said that the ulrasound tech had seen my daughters heart beat and I would need to be transfered to a different hospital equiped to handle this situation(which is what I was trying to do when this all started) I said O.K. Now 6 hours after this started I was in another ambulance on my way to a hospital with a NICU. When I arrived I had an entire room of doctors and nurses waiting for me plus an O.R. on standby. They did another ultrasound and I was once again told my daughter had no heartbeat. I was hooked back up to an I.V. given an epidural and over 13 hours after I woke up I delivered my beautiful baby girl. I have wondered everyday if I could have done anything different and wonder why after all those weeks of complications why I couldn't have held on just a little longer and been safe in the hospital. I am lucky enough to have a 13 year old son to love and take care of which keeps me from breaking down 24 hours a day. I feel more sorry for him because he waited all this time to be a big brother and I feel bad for my husband because Eliza was his first child. I waited a long time to have another child and I hope to be blessed with another chance.

Welcome to Justmommies Katie & with sadness welcome to our stillbirth board.

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl Eliza Grace.

and I can't believe being told my baby had no heartbeat and then they find a heartbeat and then to lose the heartbeat again - I am so sorry hun.

Best of luck TTC - we can't wait to hear about your positive pregnancy test -

my name is Jennifer - I am the co-host of this stillbirth board - I lost my daughter Rebecca at 27 weeks gestation in October of 2003 for unknown reasons - I now have two beautiful boys Benjamin is 3.5 and Logan is 3 months old.

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
December 1st, 2008, 09:09 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
a very sad and warm welcome to our board a board i wish didnt have to exist!

im so verhy sorry for your loss hun.

im claire co host alongside jenn here and will support u the best i can.
i lost my daughter jessica in 05 she died due the cord being tightly wrapped round her neck 3 times. i ve since had baby keeley who brings us sunshine after very dark days.

December 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss.... what a disaster of a day. Horrible. I hope you find some peace here on this forum.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 1st, 2008, 10:51 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
A warm and sad welcome. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search