Introductions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth Forum Welcomes You with Sadness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Brittanie, and May 2nd I delivered my beautiful baby Cora Rei. She was stillborn. On May 1st, I went into my Dr's office because I had not been able to get her to move, and we confirmed there was no heartbeat. I was induced the next morning.

The last almost 3 months has obviously been very hard. I have found other forums dealing with pregnancy loss/miscarriage/stillbirth, but I found that I needed the support from women who share my belief system. I did a search for an LDS forum, and this is what I found. I hope this is the right place.

Cora's umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. When she dropped, she strangled, and my body ceased all the prelabor that I had been doing. I knew something was going to change Sunday night. I thought I was going to go into labor. What really happed was that my baby girl died.

DH and I are preparing to start to TTC again in about a month or so. I have never been more scared in my life. Can I handle it if I lose another one?

August 4th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I posted a welcome post to you and I am so sorry that you lost Zander - it is so sad to hear of another angel.

I posted a welcome post to you and I am so sorry that you lost Zander - it is so sad to hear of another angel.

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
August 27th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Regular
Hi Ladies,

I am so grateful that I found this board this morning! My name is Pam, mom to Amanda Nicole ( 4/19/05 ) and my angel baby Rebecca Noel born still just over two weeks ago, August 12th 2006 at 21 weeks 6 days.

Rebecca was diagnosed with Turners Syndrome after several sonograms and an amnio and was with us for 4 more weeks before being taken home. I miss her terribly and am just trying to deal with everything I am feeling now that everyone has gone home ( we had company for close to two weeks afterwards, family and friends in town etc. ) and the house is quiet. I am so very thankful for the time we had with her and know that she is healthy in Heaven, I just wish we had had more time....

Pam
September 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Poetique's Avatar Super Mommy
I have read everyones introduction and I am in tears. I don't know what to say of course but I'm glad that we can all be here for each other.

I'm Alison and I am 26 and my bf Chad is 33. We lost our first baby (first for both of us) on July 16th 2006. I was 44w2d. We went to a Pittsburgh Pirate game the day after my due date and our baby girl was moving as usual. The next day I felt some labor pains but no movement and we rushed to the hospital. When we got there the nightmare started. No heartbeat. I delivered shortly after. We had her name picked out when I found out we were having a girl at my 34 week u/s. The autopsy stated that there was a bacterial infection of my amniotic fluid. How or why, they don't know.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies here. You all seem great!

September 7th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I may have posted in pg loss.

I'm Lynne, DH and I lost Macy Jordan on May 2, 06 at 17 weeks. I was having bleeding and a fever which ultimately was diagnosed and an infection in the amniotic fluid for reasons unknown. I went into labor and 10 hours later gave birth to Macy. I had a d&c followed by 2 blood transfusions. She was absolutely beautiful and perfect and I miss her everyday. We had a memorial service for her and a beautiful little rainbow came out from behind a tiny little cloud just as the service started on our back deck. It was breathtaking. She was to be born scheduled c/s on Oct. 4, 2006. We miss her everyday and can't wait to see her again in heaven.
<div align="center"></div>
October 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM
MyAngelHayden's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MyAngelHayden Send a message via Yahoo to MyAngelHayden
Hi my name is Heather. I am 19 yrs old. On October 13, 2006 at 4:10 pm my baby girl, Hayden Rae was born sleeping. I was 23w3d when I was induced. She was and always will be my entire world.

Heather

*Hayden's Memorial Myspace*

</div>
October 30th, 2006, 04:59 PM
reddick2084's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to reddick2084 Send a message via Yahoo to reddick2084
Hi, my fiance and I just lost our son on October 21, 2006 at 18.5 weeks. We have a 3 year old daughter name Kayla.

DH-Sullivan-22
DD-Kayla-4
My Pug Puppie is 8mths old
Our Angel Baby-SullivanII-18.5w

<div align="center">

</div>
February 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Ammi. I posted in ttc after loss. Today is the first day I saw this forum.. dunno how I missed it.

I delievered my sleeping son on June 20, 2006 at 38weeks and 2 days gestation period for unknown reasons. He looked perfectly alright, weighed 7lbs and 6 oz and 19 inches tall.

Now I am scared to death as I am 11 weeks pregnant. This board is great, the women here understand so well and give so much moral support which is highly required for women like me! Thanks to all of you..
March 12th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Regular
Hi,
I'm Maria mum of two, my first born daughter Laura was still born at 34 weeks on 13th February 1988 so 19 years ago this year, she was just perfect in every way she weighed 5lb 6oz and I miss her always it's only been the last 18months that I really started to share her and it just all feels so strange, it's like i'm finally letting all my grieve come out and I finally feel able to talk about her openly and not feel like I have to hide her and my feelings away.

I also have a 14 year old daughter Danielle who is just great.

To keep myself busy I do volunteer work fundraising for the bereavement suite at my local maternity hospital because there was nothing like this available when I had Laura it means so much that this room is there for all those that sadly suffer the loss of ther babies, I feel quite proud that the maternity know has a website and a babyloss forum attached to it http://www.forget-me-not-suite.co.uk/smf/

Floaty angel kisses to all our angels xxxx

Thanks so much for reading and I will post more of my story soon.

Much luv Maria xxx
August 10th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Regular
Hi my name is Melissa and i am 22 years old. I just lost my baby boy Jackson Owen on July 1 2007. he was stillborn He was 8lbs 7oz 21 in long. It was caused my fetal-maternal blood transfusion. it is very uncommon. and you dont hear about i that much. I never knew anything about it until it happen to me. My husband and i are doing as good as can be. it is very hard I went to the hosptial cuz i believed that i was in labor and i really dont know if i was but they couldnt find his heartbeat and they only thing i said when the doctor told was i screamed NO reallly loud and i know i will remember that always. I know he is good place and me and my husband will see him again. i was 38 weeks along. I was almost there i only had two week till my due date. which i dont think i would of made it to if he was fine he was a pretty big baby so i think next time the docs wont let me go til my due date. we are trying again we cant wait til we have another baby. Jackson would of wanted brother and sisters i know that for sure.

Melissa
November 25th, 2007, 06:36 PM
tinkymom3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tinkymom3 Send a message via Yahoo to tinkymom3
Quote:
Hi Ladies

my name is Jennifer - my husband and I lost my daughter Rebecca Lee Hartling-Thompson over two years ago when I was 27 weeks and 1 day gestation when we lost our precious daughter. 1lbs 15oz and she was beautiful.

I have a bouncy 10.5 month old now named Benjamin - he lights up my world

I am happy to meet both of you[/b]

well hello Jennifer, nice to see you on here
December 18th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Regular
Hi,
My name is Crystal and my family and I just lost our baby girl, Ava Grace on December 9th (2007) - A little over a week ago. I was 21 weeks along. It was a combonation of an abrupt ion and PROM. Needless to say I have been a disaster. Hell, I even broke my foot 4 days ago in a feble attempt to drink to feel better (I don't drink much so I guess I just f*^ked that up) Nothing seems to make me feel better, not even my two other girls (usually), I just feel either dead, angry at everyone or can't stop crying. I feel like I'm the only one mourning her. My husband and I disagree on almost everything on what to do with arrangements. I just feel empty and alone.

:

<span style="font-family:Impact">Mommy to Kaitlyn Age 5 (a 33 weeker)
Megan 23 Months (Full Term)
Ava Grace (Still Born)
http://www.iamcrystallee.com/wp</span>
January 7th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Hi! I'm Tonya. My husband and I lost a baby almost 2 years ago now on April 16. I was 34 weeks, 6 days when I delivered him. We named him Tucker Dean. The first year was just aweful, but the past year has been much better. I still think about him often, especially now that I have another baby. I always think about what I missed.[/b]

Hello Tonya and welcome sweetie.... First off I would like to say how truly heart broken I am to hear of your loss, it's so unfair that we have to go through this but I'm glad you found us ((hugs)) My name is Stephanie and my husband and I lost our first and only child at the time to stillbirth going on 6 years now his name is Noah Allen Gray. We lost him on 09-21-02 at 37 weeks.... So perfect in every way. I too have gone on to give Noah little siblings, 2 little brother's that is =) Cameren David & Jayden Noah.... Like you it's hard to see them without him, makes you see what you have really missed out on, especially on special occasions. Please know I'm here for you sweetie
January 7th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Im Julia, my husband and I lost our son Joshua a year ago. He was stillborn at 21weeks. I still have a hard time sometimes, because everyone i know is either pregnant or has a new baby and I want #2 so badly. My husband doesnt really understand about how I feel and tells me I need to get over it...which i never will...he is my son, no matter if he is here or in heaven. I am glad to have this board and i look forward to getting to know you [/b]

Hello Julia and welcome to the board, I hope you find some comfort here sweetie as this is a long journey for us all indeed.... My name is Stephanie and I too lost a child, my first and only child at the time at 37 weeks. Noah was Stillborn causes unknown..... I have to say husband's do deal and cope with things way more different than we do, it's just how men were meant to be made I guess.... It hurts to hear him tell you to move on and get over it, that to me is a little harsh especially when it's his own child, so just turn to him and say " I will never get over it, I will get through it but get over it will never happen, he is my son and will always be remembered and thought of" Let him know that it hurts you deeply and if he is hurting to he may say this out of anger cause he doesn;t know how to show it, how to cope with his loss as well.... Sometimes men have to be the rock and so they keep things bottled away and when their child is brought up it hurts so bad they just say something rude so that the conversation stops, so that may be what he is doing.... Just try and be there for him and let him know it's ok to hurt too, that your child was a big part of him as well because some dads get pushed aside and forgotten that they too have gone through it, not just the mom's... I hope this helps

Quote:
Im Julia, my husband and I lost our son Joshua a year ago. He was stillborn at 21weeks. I still have a hard time sometimes, because everyone i know is either pregnant or has a new baby and I want #2 so badly. My husband doesnt really understand about how I feel and tells me I need to get over it...which i never will...he is my son, no matter if he is here or in heaven. I am glad to have this board and i look forward to getting to know you [/b]

Hello Julia and welcome to the board, I hope you find some comfort here sweetie as this is a long journey for us all indeed.... My name is Stephanie and I too lost a child, my first and only child at the time at 37 weeks. Noah was Stillborn causes unknown..... I have to say husband's do deal and cope with things way more different than we do, it's just how men were meant to be made I guess.... It hurts to hear him tell you to move on and get over it, that to me is a little harsh especially when it's his own child, so just turn to him and say " I will never get over it, I will get through it but get over it will never happen, he is my son and will always be remembered and thought of" Let him know that it hurts you deeply and if he is hurting to he may say this out of anger cause he doesn;t know how to show it, how to cope with his loss as well.... Sometimes men have to be the rock and so they keep things bottled away and when their child is brought up it hurts so bad they just say something rude so that the conversation stops, so that may be what he is doing.... Just try and be there for him and let him know it's ok to hurt too, that your child was a big part of him as well because some dads get pushed aside and forgotten that they too have gone through it, not just the mom's... I hope this helps
January 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Hi all, my name is Raquel, my DH and I lost our son Aries almost 6months ago at 24wks 1day. To say the least this has been hell on our family. Right now we are TTC another but haven't been having the best of luck, just found out that now I'm not ovulating and with my next cycle I start clomid.

We do have 3 other children, Anthony, Alexis and Aiden. I look foward to getting to know you all, although I see some familiar people.....HI June, HI Jennifer!!!![/b]

Hello Raquel, my name is stephanie and I too lost a child.. Noah Allen was stillborn at 37 weeks, I have since given him 2 baby brothers... I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie and I will pray for you as you start your journey with trying to get blessed with another miracle

Quote:
Hi everyone, and I'm so sorry for all your losses. Sending you all big !

I've already written a bit about myself in some other posts, but I guess I'll be more comprehensive here.

We found out last May at 20w that our baby had anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect where the brain doesn't develop past the brain stem. Our doctor explained she would die either before birth, during labor, or shortly following birth.

We were absolutely devastated. We had been TTC for three years, then had a m/c, and then this news. We are Catholic, and our faith helped us tremendously. We had very good support from most of our family and friends. Our doctor is fabulous and very supportive.

We were sent to a high-risk clinic for a level II to confirm the diagnosis, and also to talk with a perinatologist. Awful, awful experience. While it was nice to see our baby again, and find out she was a girl, and get some pictures, the doctor afterwards tried to talk us into aborting. That was completely out of the question. Just because my baby wasn't "perfect", I wasn't going to end her life that was already going to be so short.

We had ten weeks after that to "get to know her", just care for and love her, and celebrate her little life. She was and is so incredibly special to me. My first daughter.

We decided at one point we were naming her Grace Therese. Grace, because above all we felt God's grace helping us get through, and Therese for St. Therese, a beautiful little soul who, though she had a lot of limitations, loved God in her own little way. We felt that this was appropriate because our baby touched so many lives, even with her short time on earth.

If you'd like to read more about our journey with Grace, you can read about her on our website that we created to update friends and family: Gracie's website

Two and a half months after delivering our Gracie, we conceived the baby I am now carrying. This was a pure gift from God and a miracle. We hadn't been able to conceive naturally before. I had never ovulated without the help of Clomid before. We think it's because my body went through a pregnancy... something about carrying and delivering Gracie helped my body kick into gear! If I ever see that high-risk doctor who told me to abort my daughter, I am telling her straight to her face that her advice could have cost us not one but TWO babies.

We had our diagnostic ultrasound two weeks ago, and this baby does not have anencephaly. Everything looks very healthy. We are very relieved and happy!

Sorry this was long. I am glad to see that this board was created, though I'm sorry that anyone has any need to come here. Thanks for listening/reading.

Liz[/b]

Thank you for sharing your story sweetie, very beautiful... I'm so sorry for your loss and look forward to getting to know you and hear updates on your new little miracle.. God Bless.

Quote:
Hello everybody. I wrote an intro somewhere else but will but it here too. My husband and I lost our precious little Emma Grace at 22 weeks. We found out at our 19 weeks scan that something was wrong. They then sent us for a level II u/s and gave us the devastating news about our little girl. She had severe Hydrocephalus and only a partial brain. She had more fluid in her head then brain tissue. She also had a chromosomal problem. It was the chromosomal problem that caused everything else.

We came to find out that my Husband has a chromosomal defect with his chromosome #3. This also explains our miscarriages. This pregnancy I am on now is pregnancy #5. I got PG again only one cycle after I lost Emma Grace. I miss her daily but also have my fingers crossed that I bring this little one I am carrying now home.[/b]

Anissa I love your angel's name, so beautiful!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear her story, she was a strong angel from day one and I know your so proud... I look forward to hearing updates on your new miracle and look forward to getting to know you better. My name is Stephanie and I lost my first and only child at the time, Noah Allen was stillborn at 37 weeks

Quote:
Hello everybody. I wrote an intro somewhere else but will but it here too. My husband and I lost our precious little Emma Grace at 22 weeks. We found out at our 19 weeks scan that something was wrong. They then sent us for a level II u/s and gave us the devastating news about our little girl. She had severe Hydrocephalus and only a partial brain. She had more fluid in her head then brain tissue. She also had a chromosomal problem. It was the chromosomal problem that caused everything else.

We came to find out that my Husband has a chromosomal defect with his chromosome #3. This also explains our miscarriages. This pregnancy I am on now is pregnancy #5. I got PG again only one cycle after I lost Emma Grace. I miss her daily but also have my fingers crossed that I bring this little one I am carrying now home.[/b]

Anissa I love your angel's name, so beautiful!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear her story, she was a strong angel from day one and I know your so proud... I look forward to hearing updates on your new miracle and look forward to getting to know you better. My name is Stephanie and I lost my first and only child at the time, Noah Allen was stillborn at 37 weeks

Quote:
Hi, can I join this group? my daughter wasn't actualy born still, she lived for 40 minutes although she looked still unless looking closly.

Like Liz my daughter Elizabeth Joy also had anencephaly. I Don't find many people posting on boards who have had a baby with this birth defect. We found out at the 19 week scan and carried till 33 weeks when I developed polyhydramicus (high fluid) and had my first of 3 ceasers.

I got pregnant 3 months after Elizabeth and had our daughter sarah, who is now 4 and last year had our son Daniel who is now 17 months.[/b]

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss sweetie, and CONGRATS on your other little miracles.... I do not see why you can not join us here, a loss is a loss no matter how big, small, or what the circumstances are, we are all feeling the same pain.... I lost my first and only child at the time, Noah was stillborn at 37 weeks on 09-21-02 and I have since gone on to give him 2 little brothers... Cameren is 4 and Jayden is 2

Quote:
Hi, my name is Tracey and it has been almost 12 years since I lost my son Christian. I was 27 1/2 weeks pregnant when I went into premature labor at 19. My precious baby boy only survived for 3 days before passing. I was married to a loser and his psycho mother (Christian's very own Grandmother) got angry at us one day over something my ex did and threw our stuff out of the house. Before we could get home the garbage truck had collected our things - including my suitcase which I had the only picture of Christian alive right after I gave birth on a certificate with his foot prints framed in a sterling silver frame my mother had given me!! I have nothing from my pregnancy with Christian. All I have are my memories. Thank goodness we (my exhusband and I) had taken Christian's remains to be buried with my ex's Grandfather in New York. I'm heartsick knowing the only physical thing I had is gone. I also M/C March 17, 2004 at 7 weeks.[/b]

First off I have to say, what a Bitc* for what she did, how dare her.. I'm so sorry, I could never imagine lossing Noah's things **ugh** shame on her..... I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie.

[quote]
Hi ladies!

My name is Amanda, and I lost my little girl Healie Marie 3 weeks ago. I was at 23 weeks and 1 day. She was born still, after going into pre-term labor. She couldn't even take a single breath

I am still very sad and I cry day after day.

God bless you ladies!
[/q

Welcome Amanda.... What a beautiful name for your daughter ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you foud us but happy you did do that we may help you through your journey... I lost my first and only child at the time at 37 weeks, he was stillborn. Welcome
March 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've posted in other threads but thought I should post here.

My husband and I lost our first child on March 6, 2008. I was nearly 36 weeks pregnant. I had noticed he wasn't moving as much as usual but he was still moving so I shrugged it off as him running out of room. My next appointment we discovered no heartbeat. I still get an anxiety attack when I think about that appointment, and the ultrasound to confirm lack of heartbeat. I don't think I'll ever get that terror and panic out of my head.

I was induced and gave birth to him that evening.

The cord was around his neck, but they couldn't say if that's why he died. We have an appointment on May 1 with a doctor to go over all the test results and hopefully find out why....

My husband and I had been trying for nearly 2 years to get pregnant. We got pregnant with Devin on our second IVF attempt. Not only are we now mourning the loss of our beautiful son, but we're absolutely terrified that we won't be able to get pregnant again. And I am scared at the prospect of going through pregnancy again, knowing what I do, having been through what I did.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I am Heather, and we lost our first boy, fourth child, on March 30, 2008. Marshall Jacob was in my womb for 19 weeks, but will be in my heart forever.
April 4th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I delivered my stillborn angel almost a year ago, April 20th '07. His name is Sean Parker and I was just over 17 weeks along. It was my 5th pregnancy, I have 4 living children (2 of them twins) plus I had a m/c in Aug '04. I was never able to find out why Sean died. I had an u/s the week before and everything was great. Every measurement came back within 2 days of gestation and he was moving around and hiccupping. That was also when I found out he was a boy. Just a few days later I went for my regular OB checkup and I brought along my 12 yr old son so he could hear the heartbeat and the doctor couldn't find one. He checked around with the doppler for about 10 mins and my son looked so scared, almost like he knew but I didn't. I honestly thought he just couldn't find it but it was there. He took me in the next room for an u/s and I was so sure we would see one but there was my precious little boy still, no heartbeat. I was induced a couple days later and delivered my precious sleeping angel. My DH and I held him and kept him in the room with us for several hours and we took lots of pictures. I told the nurse I was ready for her to take him and she did but then in the middle of the night, a few hours later, I called her and asked if she could bring him back and she did. They were so good to me. I held him some more and took more pictures. I had an autopsy done, it was so important to me to find out why this happened. He looked so perfect. The autopsy came back normal so I still wonder why.

May 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn
I just posted an intro at the welcome center, but here is where I belong at the moment. After trying 2 years unsuccessfully TC, we decided to go to a fertility specialist. It seems the my DH has retarded sperm (his words not mine) that can't seem to stop for directions or figure out how to cover the distance. We then decided to go with donor insemination so the baby would at least be half mine. We got pregnant on the 2nd attempt without Clomid. We were estatic to say the least. We found out at our 16 week u/s that we were having a girl, Kairi Sage. Shortly after the u/s though, I started spotting and/or bleeding at times. I talked to the doctor's several times about this so they sent me to a Perinatologist. I had ruptured some vessels on the top of my placenta and they said it wasn't cause to worry, I just had to let it heal over on its own. But, the bleeding worsen and I was observed in the hospital twice and sent home. On May 2nd, I woke with severe abdominal pain in the area of my previous c/s scar. I was sent in the Dr office and they decided to admit to the hospital to get me off my feet and try to control the bleeding. They didn't seem overly concerned at the time and told me that the Perinatologist would be in to see me on Saturday morning.
Well, that seemed to not be good enough, my placenta fully abrupted and my angel was born sleeping at 1:21am on May 3rd at 20w 1d. The pain is still quite raw and my shrink has put me into a drug induced fog, so I'm sorry if I'm babbling.

Thank you all for listening to my story,

tai&kairi's mom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search