Introductions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth Forum Welcomes You with Sadness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2008, 12:01 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello everyone. I'm Bonnie and my husband Bill and I were married March 22, 2008. On May 21 we discovered we were pregnant! But on May 25 I miscarried at 4 weeks 4 days pregnant. Then on June 26 we found out we were expecting again!!!! We had an ultrasound on July 31 at 9 weeks 3 days pregnant and everything seemed fine. On September 15 I began vomiting everyday but everyone (including the doctors) told me it was just morning sickness and that it comes at different points in pregnancy for different women and I can accept that, even after our loss. On October 23 we had the big ultrasound! We found out our child was a boy and he was so cute and active during the appointment! On October 29 I received a call that said we should come in for another ultrasound o nNovember 19 as our son was measuring just a little bit smaller than he should be based on my Oct. 23 ultrasound which was at 21 weeks 3 days pregnant.

On November 13 I went for a regular visit, but no heartbeat with the doppler. I had an emergency ultrasound which confirmed he had passed away. We went into the hospital that night and at 7 AM on November 14 I was induced. At 11 AM they gave me another dose and labor pains started very soon after that. By 3 I was in alot of pain, by 6 extreme pain, by 8 it was excruciating. At 9 I was given an epidural (during which I passed out and vomited alot) and then we were left alone to relax. After midnight on November 15 I began feeling pain in my arm and back, then at 12:27 AM my water broke and I woke Bill and beeped my nurse. At 12:29 my son came down and I pushed to deliver him alone with my husband at 12:30. Then the doctor and nurse came (they had been in an emergency C-section). I was 24 weeks 5 days when we delivered.

They said his umbilical cord was thin and rather flimsy where it met his body, so they think my vomiting was more severe than usual and that that it was caused this. The doctor said the cord must have gotten twisted and tapered off the blood vessels and that by the time it came untwisted, it was too late for Roald.He said next time we will be watched closely (especially any vomiting), but otherwise he said nothing has come back giving any hint that there is anything "wrong" with me or our lost son. He weighed 1 pound 0 ounces and was 11" long.

I've been lurking on the internet ever since it happened and this is the first board I joined, as I liked what I saw and read. Thanks for having me!

Bonnie

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
January 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
Hi
My name is Liz Bevan. My husband and I recently lost our son Malachi William Bevan.
He was born silently on December 8, 2008 at 11:06 PM. The doctors are not sure what went wrong.
I am hoping that I can connect with some mothers, as I am finding things very difficult.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
January 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hi liz im sorry you ve had to join us here x

January 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
cannygreen's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to cannygreen Send a message via MSN to cannygreen Send a message via Yahoo to cannygreen

i posted under the wrong topic. but now i dont know how to delete it so im leaving this message.
January 15th, 2009, 12:25 PM
sophiasmommy032708's Avatar Newbies
Hello... my name is Adriana but everyone calls me Adri... my fiance and I lost our angel girl Sophia Alexis on March 27th, 2008 just a week before she was scheduled to be delivered... this year has been very difficult for me because I was just so ready to be a Mom and she was my first... we had an expert to review my medical records and they determined that things could have been done differently in regards to my care that would have saved her... so that on top of everything else just makes this that much more diffucult for me. My friend who had a miscarriage early in her pregnancy suggested talking to other Moms of Angels so here I am... sorry that we all had to meet under such sad circumstances! I will post our Angels picture in the picture thread... anyway, I cant wait to heal with all of you!

<3Adri*

March 27th, 2008 *Sophia Alexis Davies... we miss you angel girl!*
January 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
a sad but very warm welcome adri im so sorry for he loss of your precious angel sophia, please keep posting its a great source of support here the ladies are amazing! im claire co host here my angel is jessica she was born sleeping in june 05.

(((hugs)))

February 5th, 2009, 06:54 PM
hi my name is danielle i lost my baby from stillbirth nearly 10 years ago [this august] i still have my moments were im having a bad day and i have my good days, i never have met or talked to anyone who has lost a baby before. so now i dont think im that crazy thinking should these emotions should be there or not do i make sense. anyway i had my son at home didnt know he was gone so to speak i was 18 at the time i was 31 weeks nearly 32 weeks. i think i knew he was gone but didnt own up to it im so glad that we spent the time with him. now i have 3 other children they know about there little brother we often talk about him. i keep all hes belongings in a box and the first time i didnt cry i felt guilty not crying. now when i look in hes box i feel happy and conected to him. we have a birthday cake on the aneversary of hes passing and we all sing happy birthday, [we named him kirtis.] he was our first born. its realy hard talking to my partner about it so i supose this is my way of talking about him. ow and yes im a newbie to.
February 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM
rebeccabaltimore
Hi, my name is Rebecca. My son Ethan was born still just one week ago today at 18 weeks gestation. He had anhydraminos (no amniotic fluid) and something wrong with his placenta, we don't yet know exactly what. I just don't know how to go on without him. Today was my first day back at work in 10 weeks (I had severe morning sickness) and I could barely function. I know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just don't know if I can make it through the tunnel to the other side. Hopefully you all will have some wisdom for me.
February 18th, 2009, 08:51 AM
hello rebecca im so sorry u ve had to join us here and im terribly sorry for the loss of precious ethan ( and beautiful name by the way)

im claire co host here and will be here to support u the best i can, my daughter jessica was born sleeping in june 2005 it may not feel like it now and no amount of sorry's will ease ur pain but as time goes on it becomes easier to bare the pain its self never goes i hope u carry on posting the ladies..(including myself) are amazing!!!! we have such a strong bond that noone else can ever imagine as those who know the pain truly know!

lots of hugs claire x

February 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
to_me
Hi,
My name is Dee and I gave birth to my sleeping son Fri 13 Feb 09 he was 22 weeks and 4 days. His name is Anthony Keith Max. I thought I would be ok. I tried so hard to cope the first week but now I just seem to have stopped caring about coping and moving forward and all that sort of stuff that made sense last week now I just don't seem to care. All I can think is that my baby is no more.
February 25th, 2009, 09:50 AM
hello dee im so sorry u ve had to join us here and im terribly sorry for the loss of precious Anthony Keith Max.

im claire co host here and will be here to support u the best i can, my daughter jessica was born sleeping in june 2005 it may not feel like it now and no amount of sorry's will ease ur pain but as time goes on it becomes easier to bare the pain its self never goes i hope u carry on posting the ladies.. are amazing!!!! we have such a strong bond that noone else can ever imagine as those who know the pain truly know!

lots of love claire x

March 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I'm Alex, my husband and I have have 5 earthly children and one on the way, and two heavenly children. In February of 2004 I miscarried at 8-9 weeks; and on January 3, 2005, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Mason Charles, born sleeping at 33 weeks. It's been 4 years, 2 months, and 1 week since our baby went to heaven. I've since given birth to a healthy baby girl (now 2), and healthy identical twin girls (now 1), and I am due in July with another little girl. We also have a 5 year old son and a 9 year old daughter, who we adopted last April.
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

March 11th, 2009, 02:46 AM
hello alex im so sorry u ve had to join us here and im terribly sorry for the loss of precious Mason Charles .

im claire co host here and will be here to support u the best i can, my daughter jessica was born sleeping in june 2005 it may not feel like it now and no amount of sorry's will ease ur pain but as time goes on it becomes easier to bare the pain its self never goes i hope u carry on posting the ladies.. are amazing!!!! we have such a strong bond that noone else can ever imagine as those who know the pain truly know!

March 18th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hi, my name is Christina. Three years ago, I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and discovered my beautiful baby girl had been taken to heaven. Twenty-four hours later, January 25, 2006, I gave birth to June Elizabeth. She passed due to a tumor. My husband and I were crushed. Since then I've been through tons of counseling, but I am pleased to have discovered this forum. This has been the hardest thing I've ever dealt with in my life and it seems the more time passes the more everyone around me has forgotten the pain I deal with on a daily basis. The insensitivity is so very hard and I feel like there is noone around me who understands. I'm glad to know there is a place I can finally go to express my feelings without receiving the ackward stares or the insensitive remarks.
April 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Hello my name is Elieth. Our baby was born still March 9, 2009. We named him Santiago Morgan he was 32 weeks old. Tomorrow will be a month since he grew wings and it feels more like an eternity. His daddy, mommy and big brother (5yrs old) miss him greatly and love him very much.
April 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Hello I am sorry for your loss we too lost our son March 19th 09 we names him Vincent It has not yet been a months and I am sure we are going through the same things going out is even hard for me . I hope you all the best and if you ever need to talk I am here
April 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
Super Mommy
Hello, my name is Kathryn. Our son Joseph Allan (but we called him Joey) was born sleeping on 4.4.09. I think the last time I felt him kick was the afternoon of his due date, then that evening had some contractions and when they stopped I went to bed. The next morning I could not get him to move and ultrasound at the doctor's office confirmed his heart wasn't beating. Joey had an omphalocele, where his abdominal wall didn't form properly, but had been growing and developing beautifully. We declined autopsy but the doctors think the omphalocele was fine, that it was the umbilical cord wrapped too tightly around his neck.

That had been our regularly scheduled 40wk appt and though I had turned down induction at 39wks, we were planning on inducing after my 40wk appt. So we left for the office thinking we'd be home Sunday with our son which made it all more devastating. I am so proud of his birth story though....I was induced 4.3 but didn't feel any contractions until after my water was broken 4.4 at 5am. Then it was only 4hours until his birth. When it was time to push he came so fast the doctor and nurse almost missed it, my husband had to run into the hall to get someone. All the commotion was good though, if they had been there waiting the silence of his birth would have been too tough to handle. We kept Joey with us for 6hrs after his birth. What I wouldn't give to hold him just one more time.

Joey has a big brother Jamie, who is 4.5. Jamie was so angry that his little brother had died, but he got to hold him and we talk about him all the time. They were very connected during my pregnancy and I am so thankful that Jamie has these memories. Jamie actually named Joey!

We are all doing okay, my husband went back to work this week. I'm a teacher and I'm going to stay out for the rest of the school year.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

April 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Kathryn, Christina, Elieth, and vincent's mommy. I am so sorry that you all had to come here. And I'm doubly sorry for your losses. We welcome you with open arms and warm hearts. And hope to help ease the pain in your hearts. Even if it's just a bit by someone listening when you need someone
April 25th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi. My name is Jenny. We lost our son Joseph on June 8 2007. It doesn't seem to get easier. My bestfriend is pregnant and due any day and another friend gave birth last night. I try to be strong but it just makes me angry that my son is not here. Where he belongs.
May 21st, 2009, 09:00 PM

My name is Dannika. I am 21. My first pregnancy ended at 24 weeks when my son Isaac Jay was stillborn. My second pregnancy was succesful and I have a wonderful two year old son Robbie. My third pregnancy ended with an abortion. My fourth pregnancy ended at 22 weeks when I went into premature labor, My daughter Samantha Marie died shortly after birth. My fifth pregnancy was induced at 28 weeks becuase of IUGR and my son Zacharius Presscott passed away from respritory failure. My sixth pregnancy was succesful and I now have a three month old son Rick Michael Junior.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search