Introductions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth Forum Welcomes You with Sadness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry to have to welcome u jenny and dannika its a warm welcome

im so sorry for your losses, i hope u stay its a fantastic support group of fantastic ladies here (i love them)

im claire im the co host here i lost my daughter jessica on ujne 17th 2005

June 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hello!
I never thought I was going to go through this. I gave birth to my stillbirth daughter Andy 3 weeks ago (May 15, 2009). She was only 24-weeks & 4-days. My DH and I couldn't believe when the doctor told us her heart had stopped since I had a healthy pregnancy and a week earlier I had seen the doctor and told me all the testings, blood work and ultrasound were perfect. He also said I was very healthy. My first thoughts were to just be with her. I didn't want to go on, but then remembered that my DH and my 7-year old son were also there for me and needed me. Right now thanks to all the support of my DH and the rest of my friends and family I am doing much better and just waiting for the autopsy and chromosomal results to determine if I can try it again but to be honest I am very afraid to do so. I don't think I can go through this again. Two of my close friends went through the same thing and their advices have helped me cope and go on. I also have been reading a lot about stillbirth and it is kind of helping me understand what went on. I'm really happy I found this forum because by reading other testimonies similar to mine and reading how they succeeded with future pregnancies it gives me a ray of hope to keep on trying.
God bless everyone!
June 5th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my daughter at 24 weeks last June. This board has been invaluable to me, and there are a lot of wonderful women here. :dothugs:

June 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I'm new to this board. I have had 2 babies bornstill. My son Tred was bornstill June 5, 2008 at 21 weeks and my daughter Talya was bornstill April 10, 2009. Needless to say I feel as though my life is falling apart.
June 9th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Proud Momma
I am soooo sorry Angie that you have had to go through losing your 2 precious babies. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so incredibly sorry that you even have to join us on this board, but please feel free to join us in the forums. The ladies there are so wonderful and have helped me so much somehow get through the loss of my sweet Katrina. We will be there for you whenever you need to cry, vent, or just scream.

Huge to you.
June 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM
AngieF:
You are the strongest woman I have ever heard of. Going through 2 losses must be tough but please don't give up. There must be a purpose and I'm sure you are going to be a great mom. Take a lot of care of yourself and find out what is causing this. We are all here to cheer you up.
Lots of Hugs!
July 1st, 2009, 11:54 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to all of the newbies. The introductions are always so sad. Angie-one of my best friends in real life experienced 2 stillbirths also-18 weeks and a few years later one at 40 weeks plus one of the ladies here Heather has had two stillborn sons, Marshall and Jonah. Going through it once is awful...I can only imagbine what it is like.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
October 6th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Regular
I never thought i would be writing on a site like this, but i feel like its the only way i can speak to people that really understand how i feel. I lost my daughter 4 weeks ago when i was 21 weeks pregnant, ive never felt so angry and hurt so much before. I feel like the days are getting better and that i can smile now and then but the anger is still there, i cant stand to look at other parents and there children laughing and smiling when i will never get to do that with my daughter, i just keep wishing i could of made things different.
October 6th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Proud Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda 87 View Post
I never thought i would be writing on a site like this, but i feel like its the only way i can speak to people that really understand how i feel. I lost my daughter 4 weeks ago when i was 21 weeks pregnant, ive never felt so angry and hurt so much before. I feel like the days are getting better and that i can smile now and then but the anger is still there, i cant stand to look at other parents and there children laughing and smiling when i will never get to do that with my daughter, i just keep wishing i could of made things different.
I'm so sorry you have to join us here, Linda.

I'm Stephanie and my DH and I lost our sweet Katrina last August 9, 2008 at just before 23 weeks. She was our first baby. I was (and still am) absolutely devastated we will never get to watch her grow up. Like yourself, I was also very angry, bitter, and jealous when I saw others with their children.

Please be gentle on yourself and if you ever need anyone to talk to, please join us in the forums. We understand the pain you're going through and sometimes all you just need to do is talk.
November 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to rsavage2183 Send a message via Yahoo to rsavage2183
Hello, my name is Raydrealle. My husband and I recently lost a child. On September 4th, 2009 our beautiful daughter Tiffany Lynne was born sleeping. Today is the 2 month anniversary and it's been a rough day to say the least. I was full term when she was delivered via emergency c-section my contractions caused her heart beat to be erratic, she never took a breathe after delivery they worked on her for 22 minutes but sadly they couldn't do anything for her. She weighed 4lbs 9oz and was 19inches long. She looked so perfect. I never got to hold her because I have emotional issues with those that have passed, I could never go near my grandparents caskets or anything to that affect. My husband, my mother and my sister all got to hold her and we have some pictures of her. It has been so hard, the doctor put me on zoloft to help with the pain. However I think the meds make it worse, I can't look at myself in the mirror I don't recognize the person that I see. I still feel to this day it was something I did something I could have prevented. We haven't received the autopsy results yet. I don't even think they would be able to tell us what happened. The doctors and nurses believed it was a cord accident. My situation is very long and upsetting to talk about everything still at this point. But hopefully by blogging and talking on this site it gets easier. Thank you for letting me share. And I'm sorry for anyone who has gone through the loss of a child in any form. It is nothing I wish even upon people I dislike.
November 5th, 2009, 01:33 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
hi Raydrealle im so very sorry to have to welcome you to this board and so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter x

i hope you stay around the boards im claire co host here and id like to support you i lost my daughter jessica on june 17th 2005 this board is fantastic it has been my savior this past few years the ladies are the best i love them all i would love you to stay im just so sorry we have ''met'' in these circumstances

November 6th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to rsavage2183 Send a message via Yahoo to rsavage2183
Claire-

Thank you so much for being so understanding and nice. I'm sorry for your loss as well and wish no one had to go through this. But sadly it happens.
November 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone. I used to be a member on here last year but I can't remember the email address I used so I'm starting all over!

I lost two girls, two years ago (different pregnancies) I have one living son, he is 7 years old, my second is a little girl...I wasn't pregnant with her for almost 22 weeks, she was born sleeping. And the third little girl I miscarried. Amazingly enough, this past december God blessed us with a fourth child, another little girl who arrived here safely via C-section and is absolutely 100 percent healthy. While I am so forever grateful for all my children, there is still a sadness and emptyness that I can't get rid of. I know now it's always going to be there and instead of fighting it I should just accept it and go on. Because I don't think a mothers bond with her baby depends on how long she carries the baby in her womb, or how many hours of sleep she looses a night getting up with that baby. I think the bond is there from the moment you find out your pregnant, and that bond can not be broken, not even by death. So with everything I do, every single day, I think of my babies both here on earth and in Heaven.

I hope you all find peace and comfort in some way or another. I'm glad to be back on the boards, I know that talking about this with people who understand is the only way to feel better
November 17th, 2009, 08:38 PM
A lady from TBW (Kathryn) recommended this board to me and so I thought I would come over here... Here is what I posted on their babyloss thread on Sunday... I would write something else but it's still how i feel...

I never ever fathomed I would be posting here... My baby boy Kaelen was born sleeping on November 11th at 3:24pm at 40 weeks and 4 days. I realized at 4am that morning and had been worrying all the previous day that he hadn't moved. I kept poking him and poking him, trying to get him to wake up... and he just wouldn't... I went to the hospital and was praying for a miracle but the minute the nurse put the doppler on my belly and it was silent... I just knew... It is still so raw... but I needed to post something somewhere...

I still don't understand... I still blame myself... I still wish there was something I could've done or could still do... I keep wishing I could've seen his eyes open and held him breathing and looking at me for just a moment but it wouldn't have made it any easier... I just want to sit by myself and cry all night and day... I put up a brave front for everyone and try to imagine that life is normal but it so isn't... and never will be again... I try not to cry everytime someone gives me a hug and says they are so sorry... I worry that I might offend someone by showing them a picture of my beautiful baby boy even though I want everyone to see how beautiful he was... I worry that I will forget what he looked like and how he felt to hold in my arms... I worry that one day I won't remember to tell him I love him before I go to sleep at night...I don't understand how this will ever, ever get better...

Thanks for letting me share... I'm so sorry that any of us had to go through this and will hope and pray for the rest of my days that no one else ever has to again...

Lareina

Last edited by Lareina; November 17th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.
November 18th, 2009, 07:46 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Lareina, it is with great sadness that I welcome you here. I'm so so sorry about the loss of your dear Kaelen. I hope some day you find the comfort you so deserve. Right now it is too new and raw for that. The ladies here are wonderful for support and if you need anything, don't hesitate ever to talk or ask.

November 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Super Mommy
Lareina, I'm so glad you found your way over here. I hope you find as much support here as I did, and still do. We are here for sadness, anger, joy etc...we all understand, accept and welcome any emotion you are going through. Peace mama.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

November 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lareina, i'm so very sorry for your loss ...Your baby boy is perfect...I wish none of us had to post here, it's something no one should have to feel...All your emotions are so normal, and even though it doesn't seem like it now, things will in time get better...We are all here for you anytime you need to talk.

December 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
Hi, My name is Tamilee I lost my son Jackson on May 13, 2006 i was 32 weeks along. I lost him due to HELLP syndrome and Pre-eclampsia. I am not married and i am not with his father. I am with a wonderful man though named Jesse.
May 31st, 2010, 05:05 PM
My name is Elizabeth. I recently lost my son, Paul. He was also diagnosed with anencephaly.He continued to fight for his life though out my long labor, but the birth process was to much for him.He stayed alive until he was born. I had one child before, she is 14. It was quite a time span in between my kids. We were devastated to find out at our 18 week ultrasound that our son had anencephaly. The second opinion was only confirmation of the diagnosis. We just lost him just two weeks ago. It has been the hardest thing we have had to deal with.
I have alot of hope for you in the future. What great news to hear that your current pregnancy is going well. It helps give me hope. Although we wanted to try to wait the designated safe time to try again. MD has suggested waiting six months to try to conceive again,but there is a chance I could be pregnant. I just have to wait long enough to take a test and see. We have been eager to start conceiving again.I know for us, from now on it will be scary, wondering if any of our future children will have the same disorder, but we intend on not letting that stop us.
Our faith helps us deal with it. We have trouble not feeling guilty for this, even though we are not to blame. It is so hard to accept that we could not protect our little boy.
In this sorrowful time, your story has helped bring us some hope. Thank you. Hope is something we have been running low on lately. God Bless.
Elizabeth-In loving Memory of my beautiful son-Paul Arturo Gomez -May 17, 2010
June 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
My name is Jess. I had a healthy pregnancy (other than being sick throughout the second trimester). I went into my OB for my 36 week checkup. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat, then my doctor tried and she couldn't either. They sent me to the hospital where me and my husband were told that our little girl was dead. They had to induce me around 8:00 the next morning I was dilated and gave birth to Aubree Elainna, weighed 4 lbs. 11 oz, 18" long. She was born with Down's even though it was never detected before that. What caused her to pass away though was a card constriction. It's been almost three months and I feel like I want to try again but my husband doesn't want to right now, any suggestions?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search