Newbie to CD can't make up my mind

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cuties in Cloth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 08:31 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Hi, Im Becky due in a month with #1

I'm planning to CD but as soon as I think I've made up my mind about what I want, I change it. I don't want to buy a little of everything because I do not want to spend a fortune making up my mind, but I don't want to buy one and have it not work out. I tried reading reviews online but who knows who is writing those, so Im trusting my JM ladies.

I want to get a good deal and a good fit that is like my mission statement. I plan on doing sized since each size has a pretty good fitting range, but Im worried about the newborn stage. I don't really want to do prefolds and fitteds because that overwhelms me right now. I'm pretty set on pockets or snap ins.

I was all set to buy a new 12 pack of small fuzzibunz but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.
Because I could get 10 of the older style used for $95.

Then I just read a review that got me thinking about Flips which sound good, but today is the first time I really heard about them and I need a real mom perspective.

I also had an opportunity to buy some used Gro-via hybrid shells with snap in liners but again I havent seen any information on that system from real moms

So if you could help me out I would appreciate it. If you have had experience with either system you would like to share, or if you prefer another system and would like to reccomend it, Im open to that too. As long as I can get 12 for less than 180 which is what I would be spending on the FB.

Thanks

Last edited by rmarie9509; April 10th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
April 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
thinking about it some more maybe I will just buy 6 fuzzibunz and 6 flips and see for myself which is better, or maybe I will like both and then I will be all set. Ahh this is driving me carazy especially because of all these hormones. Eventually I just have to pull the trigger!

April 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
sorry didnt realize I posted this in a subforum. Stupid pregnancy brain.

April 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is ok! I wish I could give you personal experience but I use prefolds/fitteds for the newborn stage because they were so economical and the newborn stage is the one the grow out of the quickest. For the 6 and 6 and see which ones you like the best. As I said before, the newborn stage is the one that is outgrown the fastest so if neither of them do a great job you won't use them for long.
April 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I started buying cd's when I was pregnant I was hellbent on having all one type and all one brand(I have OCD) and I ended up with 15 pockets and a bunch of prefolds..Well I recently started learning about flats so I just added 10 of those to my stash as well..you'll find certain diapers work for certain situaions better than others..I love my prefolds and flats for daytime..but I use pockets at night and for baby sitters..its trial and error..I started CD'ing to save money and all the fancy hybrids and expensive brands were not an option for me..I think thats the most important factor when choosing cd's..why are you doing it and is cost a concern..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search