The Entrance of James into the world...

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Carol
A little background first. Dh was deployed with the National Guard 3 days after we found out we were pregnant, so he was gone for the entire pregnancy. His chain of command agreed to let him have 15 days leave time around the due date of the birth. So my doctor agreed to induce me on James's due date, May 3. Dh got home on April 27th and we were prepared to spend a few days of quality time together before the birth.

At 6 a.m. on the morning of the 29th, I woke up to a sharp contraction, then as soon as it subsided, another one came, even stronger. I didn't want to take any chances since Jennica had come rather quickly after the first pain, so I called my mom to tell her we were going to go to the hospital. She was coming to our house to get the girls off to school. So she arrived at 6:30 on the dot and we got in the car and drove to the hospital. Luckily it's only a 5 minute drive. So we get to the hospital and the pains are coming 2 minutes apart. That was a fun walk for me, into the hospital....NOT! So, we get to the birthing center and my doctor is already there, with a laboring patient. He puts me in the only available room at the moment (one is being prepared at that time), which was a stress testing room, and decides to check to see how far I have dilated. I am at 7, so he decides that it would be in my best interest to be moved to a room ASAP. So I get into the room, and the anesthesiologist comes in to perform the epidural. By now it's about 6:50 a.m. I have needles being poked in from all directions: the anesthesiologist is inserting the epidural catheter while the nurse is inserting the IV needle. In the meantime, I am still waiting for a statement to be faxed to the hospital from Tricare, stating that we are covered in full for everything, including my tubal ligation if we use that hospital. Without that statement, I don't get my tubal done. No tubal = Carol is NOT a happy camper. I am secretly cussing the Tricare rep that I have been fighting with for almost a month. It's hard to explain, but since dh was military, Tricare was my insurance, but the plan we were on would only pay if you are seen by a military doctor at a military medical facility. The closest one is about 40 miles away, but since I have a history of fast labors, they were working on getting me a waiver of sorts, a NAS, so I could have the baby at our local hospital. So that is pretty much what we were waiting on all this time. Back to present time. James heart beat starts slowing, so my doctor gives me oxygen and makes me lay on my left side, since the ultrasound is showing the cord being compressed by the side of James's head. I was terrified that something was going wrong, but I didn't know for sure. Dh said at that moment, looking in my eyes, he knew the meaning of "seeing terror in someone's eyes". James's heartbeat raised back up quickly, and before I knew it, it was time to push. I was in no pain, but could feel every contraction, and it felt like James kicking. It was awesome to feel him moving down the birth canal and out without being in agony. So, at 7:13 a.m on April 29, I met my only son, who came into this world at a whopping 8 pounds 8 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. He made his entrance one hour and 13 minutes from the first pain. Oh, and about 5 minutes after he was born, the fax came through, giving me the go-ahead to have him there...LOL.
July 13th, 2004, 10:23 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
I wish I was that quick....lol
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
July 14th, 2004, 06:46 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahh....happy ending! congratulations!

</div>
July 14th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Very cute story! I also wish mine was that short!
July 14th, 2004, 08:14 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mommyandowen@Jul 14 2004, 07:51 AM
Very cute story! I also wish mine was that short!
Make sure you live close to the hospital then, lol. I live about 25 min. from mine, and I didn't make it with labor lasting 1 hour and 5 minutes.

</div>
July 14th, 2004, 11:32 AM
I Heart 4x4
Wow. I can only hope ANY of my childbirths go by that quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search