Birth Stories

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2004, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Read about Ty 7-21-2004

Ty Jamison
August 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Read about McKayla

McKayla
August 5th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Read about Jaden Patrick
Jaden Patrick--Click here

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

August 16th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Read about Brooklynne Payge Lee 7-30-2004

Brooklynne Payge Lee
August 24th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Read about Michael 7-31-2004

Michael
August 31st, 2004, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Read about Alyssa 8-30-2001

Alyssa
December 28th, 2004, 06:53 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Read about Christopher Brent 09-04-03

Christopher Brent
May 15th, 2006, 07:08 PM
DomesticGoddess's Avatar Regular
Can I add mine here???

Here is the run-down of my labour with Max.

BEFORE I LEFT HOME FOR INDUCTION

Went in Thursday afternoon at 2pm for induction. The midwives got me settled into my room, and then within half an hour they moved me to another room! Weird! Anyways they put the gel in, didn't hurt at all. Stung a little, but it was nothing. I was to wait till the morning and if I was dilated enough for them to break my waters they would go ahead at 6:30am.

So Friday morning they came back and checked me, and I was still not ready. Cervix not "favourable". My cervix was apparently posterior and very high, so was very hard to reach. Needless to say, just having an internal really really hurt enough for me to cry! What a sook I am. They gave me another lot of gel on Friday morning at 7am, and were to check me again at 1:30pm. I had contractions all morning, walked and walked through the hospital with mum. Really thought things were starting to happen!!

They checked me again at 1:30pm, still nothing. Soo disappointing!! They decided to use a Foley's Catheter on me which was meant to open the cervix, their last attempt at making some progress with my cervix!! They said it was a normal bladder catheter, that has a balloon on the end filled with water that would be put inside my cervix and it would sit resting on my cervix, putting pressure so that it would dilate. Putting it in was excruciating, as I was already really tender, so I asked for gas. It helped a little.

Saturday morning, they had me pack my bags up at 6:00am and took me down to delivery suite at 8:00am. At 9:00am they took the catheter out, noted I was 2cm dilated and enough for them to break my waters. Yep I am a sook, and asked for gas again while they broke my waters. What a strange feeling. I thought I would just put a pad on and it would hold. No way. I was waking around dripping like a tap that was turned on, it was so funny!! I ended up giving it and just standing on the floor with a nightie on and letting it drip. Sorry if TMI. Felt very warm and just like warm pee I guess. Didn't get any contractions, just walked around and did nothing for 2 hours.

At 11am they started the syntocinin drip to bring on contractions. Nothing happened for ages and I asked them to turn it up. At 12:30pm or there abouts the contractions were coming on great, asked for the epidural. Anesthetist came in and put it in. Stayed with me the entire labour as he knew how bad it was for me last time, he was SOO lovely. The epidural was only working on bits of my body, not on the right side, and then didn't work on one patch on my right side. He could have given me a spinal block, but it was ok, I just stuck with the gas as well.

ME IN LABOUR

At 3:00pm I was checked and was 10cm dilated already!! Wasn't totally effaced, was at a -1. At 3:30pm they were saying Max was really high, hasn't dropped into my pelvis at all and if he didn't they had to think about a c-section. I didn't mind at this stage, I told them if it was necessary or better for the baby go for it! At 4:00pm they checked me.. the midwife said I could either start pushing then and maybe push for a long time, or just wait a bit and see how things go. They lost the baby's heart rate on the monitor so used an internal fetal monitor. At 4:40pm, she told me I could push. I was like ok. I pushed once, not hard at all. The head popped out and she's like "Oh Hazel do you want to feel his head?? Granny, do you want to feel the head?".. I couldn't believe it. Then she said "give me a little push", ok, gave a tiny one and she said stop. She said "Put her hands under his shoulders and pull him out". I pulled him onto my belly and he was crying straight away!!! He was sooo cute!! So 2 pushes and I had my son!!!

He was covered in vernix.... Ava never had any as she was overdue and crispy, but Max was so slimy!!

I got a second degree tear and had a few stitches, nothing too bad. I started hemorrhaging though and lost close to a litre of blood. It was all a bit of a flurry at the time with docs coming in and people stitches me and mopping the floor!! Gross!! All ok though, didn't need a blood transfusion, just loads of iron tablets!!

Name: Max Timothy Megahey
Born: 26th February 2005
Time: 4:46pm
Labour: 5 hours, hospital says 3
Weight: 3.330kgs (7lb 5oz)
Height: 52cms
Days stayed in hospital: 2 for induction and 2 after birth

He is totally perfect in every way, very relaxed and peaceful and a wonderful baby. I am such a lucky mummy!!!

JUST BORN

MUMMY AND MAX

</div>
March 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Regular
My first child birth experience was not fun. She was 5 days late so every new mom can relate to what seems like forever when you go past your due date and the numerous calls you get along with the not so helpful tips on how to get that baby moving. Finally what we thought were contractions lead us to the hospital with a lovely reply of false labour, but at least we were finally headed in the right direction. The contractions continued through the night and into the next evening. My husband and I, to take a distractiuon would walk the dog non stop. At 11pm that night we went to the hospital which was extremly busy they had 36 women in the labour and delivery wing in labour so unfortunatly theer were no rooms left so they lol put up a hospital stretcher in what we like to call the supplies room. I had asked my mother to be with us during our special time along with my sis in law. My mother drove me nuts. Finally at 2 am I asked for something to take the edge off, they gave me some demeral. At 6 I asked the nurse why I wasnt' progressing her reponse to me was I was completly dialated but they were waiting for my water to break on its own. I told her to break. So they sent me off to the OR (only available room) called the doc and anesthesologist. The doc was no wear to be found and finally at 7 am he walked in the room looking as if he had just come from a golf game...lol While he got prep I was given the epidural. They broke my water and said it could still take awhile before she was born. My first child arrived at 7:20

Jonathan was late 8 days late. I went for my OB visit and she asked if I wanted to wait another few days or not. I decided that we would go ahead with an induction thi king it would be scheduled. Nope she sent me down stairs, my husband was at work and so I was frantically making arrangements as my dd was in daycare and trying to get a hold of him. They did the internal induction and after an hour the baby's heart rate started jumping allover. She took it out and said I was to stay overnight for observation and start the drip in the morning. Morning came and we started the drip. So while the contractions were happening we played cribbage and what not. At 1:30 I was 5 cm so the anesthesiologist came in and inserted the tube for the epidural just no drugs he said it was to early he will be back in a while. At 2 I told the nurse the baby is coming, she said the doc was on another floor she will page, I explained that I needed to push NOW! I will never forget the looks on thier faces when they went to check me and said I was completly dialated and the baby had crwoned. The doc came up and within 2 minutes my son was born with the amneotic fluid intack. Literally he was still in his sack. He rolled onto the table and than it broke. The nurses said it is a sign of luck. This boy is now a fanatic of water right from day one so I am not sure if that has something to do with it. 10 min later the anestesiologist showed up to see if I was almost ready for the epidural..but to late

My little one's birth was anything but late. Her due date was Dec1, at 5:30 I woke up and phoned my sis in law becasue it seemed like I was having contracions. I mean I am on my third child so you would think you would know, except with two other children being late I really didnt think it was. At 7 I phoned my hubby to let him know that there was a possibilty he said he would be in the city so call right away if anything comes of it. At 8 I had my daughter phone him and tell him to get home now/ He came home I had nothing packed I mean I am always late so I still had time. Literally by 9 I was curled up on the bed. We called his Aunt to watch the other two and a friend of ours who is a nurse came over to check on his. By this point 9:30 I was leaning against walls almost unable to talk. He suggested we leave now before the baby is born right than and there. I was trying to wait and have my hubby get the dishes done before we leave...lol. We left and the previous night there was a snow storm. The hospital is a half hour drive. We were only doing 60Km but every little bump hurt so I kept telling him to slow down. We got to the hospital and by then I couldnt walk so he wheeled me up. I asked the nurses again for drugs thinking it was going to be a while. She said there was no time I was 10 cm. We were only at the hospital 20 min before my daughter was born. It's funny with her she came into this world in such a rush, on her due date and labour was very fast. She hit every milestone early at 8 mths she was walking. She is my finicky child where everything has to be done just so and if not look out. Things have to e in order for her .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search