Nikolas' and Andrew's birthstory

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2004, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well, I was bigger than a house (measured over 40cm) and was laying in bed watching Bernie Mac. I didn't feel good and decided to go to bed early and snuggle with DH. I was about 30wks. Then I felt wetness and said oh my god, and ran to the bathroom (ok, waddled). Gush of water. Dh and I went the normally 20min drive to Andrews L&D, where they just kind of glanced at me walking in and said oh we're going to have a baby huh. Dh said, she's thirty weeks and its twins. You should of seen those people move!!!! Well, I was put in an ambulance and sent to Bethesda Naval Hospital. This started a little after 9:00 and by the time I was settled at Bethesda it was 1:00am. I had not been feeling any contractions though I'd apparently been having them, and I was not dilated. I thought maybe we could hold out a week. I was hoping. They gave me the steroid to help their lungs develop but I really needed to keep them in a couple days(can't remember now) in order for it to take affect. Dh laid on the couch in the room and tried to get some sleep. But every 5 min I would moan, and he'd wake up, and he'd get mad at me. I thought cause I'd been on my back for so long, and that was a lot of weight, I couldn't stand to be on my back. Then I thought I had to go to the bathroom. The nurse came in and said, no, you'll have those babies if you go. Well evidently I have back labor. They checked me at 4 am and I was dilated 6 cm. I started to cry. They thought I was feeling emotional. I was scared to death they weren't going to make it. They assured me they'd be fine but would spend a little time in the NICU, but 30 weekers have excellent chances. So after an epi, I was wheeled into the operating room with no less than 15 people in the room. Nikolas was born naturally at 9:28 am. He came out with eyes wide open and him and daddy locked eyes. He had a head full of hair. They wrapped him up, let me see him for 3sec, then whisked him off to the NICU. I'll never forget that weak little cry, I was so happy to hear it and so sad cause it was so weak. Well, since Nikolas had broken the water bed, Andrew was happily taking over all the empty space. He had no intention of being born. So they induced him. By this time the epi had worn off so I was feeling everything.With every contraction his heartbeat dropped. So they did an emergency c-sect, and I could feel it while he started cutting, so they were filling me with hallucagents as he was cutting I found out later to make me forget that I felt it. So I was walking around with the startrek crew while Andrew was being born. They wouldn't let DH stay either. When I woke up Andrew was already in the NICU. We found out later he was born not breathing, now I'm kind of glad I wasn't awake for that. He was born at 9:50. I didn't get to see him for the first time until 6:00 that night. I couldn't hold them, they had a ventilator hooked up to them. It wasn't until about 3days later I got to hold them for the first time. They were in the NICU exactly 1mnth for Nikolas and 1mnth 3days for Andrew. It was the longest month of my life.

Nikolas weighed 3.14 and Andrew 3.8.
July 23rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Wow what a story!!! So tiny at birth and now look at them!! Love the story though. Thanks for sharing it! It will serve as in inspiration to all of us who only had to go through that once. It takes a special person to deal with Twins! My dh would have killed me by the end of my pregnancy. Jk!!
July 23rd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Their new born pics.

Nikolas and Andrew
8hrs old

Now they are HUGE!!! I imagine at next doc visit they will be in the 90 percentile for their actual age, not adjusted. Daddy is 6'3" though, so not much of a surprise really.
July 23rd, 2004, 11:26 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a beautiful BIRTH STORY!!!! They are beautiful BOYS!!!!
I`m so happy for you Linda!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search