Victoria's Birth

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
On my due date which was December 19th, I went in for my usual check up.
My doctor gave me my first oral exam to discover that I was already 2cm dialated. He decided that
the would have me in the next morning to break my water and get things going. Unfortunately, that
night had been a full moon and every pregnant woman in the region was going into natural labour!
They were way too busy to accept me. So I came in the next morning at 9am.

Things progressed very smoothly for me. I'm not one that enjoys pain. So I was freaking myself out
over how hard my labour would be, seeing as how my mother had gone through 20 something hours of
labour for me!! I was expecting the same...However things were very different.

The doctor came in around 10am on the 21st of December to break my water. Waited an hour to see if
contractions would start naturally. They did not...At 11am, the nurses hooked me up with an IV and gave
me a drug that would help the contractions start, told me to walk around the hospital. I walked
a short while before the pains started to hit me, I felt weak in the knees everytime they would start,
so I went back to my room to relax.

2pm is when everything really started happening...My contractions were becomming regular. Nothing too
painful at that time though. I must mention again that I don't enjoy pain, I had signed up for the
epidural. After my first hard contraction hit just before 4pm, the anesthegeologist came to give me my
needle. Things happened very quickly after that. 5:30pm the nurses had me push...things progressed so
quickly that before the doctor had reached my room for delivery, the baby was ready to come out.
The nurses told me to stop pushing!! They had been paging my doctor for 15 minutes, unfortunately
his pager was in his jacket pocket on vibrate and he wasn't feeling it! The nurse was actually holding
my baby's head in with her hand between my legs!! I remember asking her if that was what she was doing,
of course she told me no...but my boyfriend later confirmed that was exactly what she was doing!

Doctor arrived shortly, I gave him 2 pushes and there she was! Victoria Isabelle was born at 6:04pm
on December 21st. Weighing 6.2lbs and was 19.5cm long.

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
July 26th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Victoria is such a beautiful girl! She's got that innocent look about her! And a wonderful birth story too. Thank you for sharing it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search