Natural birth at 34 weeks~ Grace 1.30.09

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 10:11 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alright well it all began last Monday when I thought my water broke and landed myself in L&D for the day. As you remember we had the amnio done to inject the dye and I was told that if and when my water broke I would know, as it would be smurf blue. So I continued on with my week, feeling more and more miserable and but not too worried as my contractions were still 5-10 minutes apart. I was told not to worry about coming back in until they were 3 minutes apart or less for half an hour.

So Thursday I was feeling absolutely terrible and while trying to have a BM I felt a huge gush of fluid. However, the fluid was clear, NOT blue so I let it go and continued to walk around the house moaning. That night the contractions were about 4 minutes apart for 20 minutes at a time, then they'd change to 5 or 6 for a while, so I still didn't go in. I didn't sleep AT ALL that night as the contractions were waking me at least every 10-15 minutes...it was not a fun night.

Friday I woke up and drove myself to the lab to drop off my 24 hour urine, thinking to myself the whole time "wow, I should so not be driving with these contractions." Afterwards I met DH for lunch and walked around Wal-Mart to finish up the last few things I needed for my hospital bag. I kept feeling lots of fluid leaking, more and more as the hours went on. By the time we were home from Wal-Mart I had soaked through to my jeans and knew this was not a good sign. After going to the bathroom again I felt another huge gush and this time there was light pink blood. The bleeding continued to get more and more red so I told DH it was time to go, and we needed to do it fast. We threw our stuff together and raced to the hopsital, which was about 20 minutes away. The whole ride the contractions kept getting closer and closer and were now about 2 minutes apart. I knew I was really in trouble when we got close to the hopsital and I felt like I needed to push.

We pulled up to the ER and after about 5 steps I realized I couldn't walk at all, the pressure was just too intense. DH rushed inside and got me a wheelchair and a minute later was rushing me through the ER and up a special elevator that went straight up to L&D. After making us fill out PAPERWORK as I'm moaning and telling them I felt like I needed to push they finally put me in a triage bed. I was hurting so bad I couldn't sit still, it was absolutely the most intense pain I'd ever felt. I think the nurses all thought I was crazy. I was, after all, only 34 weeks with my first and a few days before had only been 1cm dialated. So the doctor comes in to check me and immediately says that he can feel her head (with all her hair) and that I'm 8cm, 100% effaced and at a 0 station. I remember him telling DH we were having this baby within the hour.

I was rushed into an L&D room and immediately hooked up to IVs and antibiodics (I hadn't yet even been tested for Group B )and I was of course informed that I was too far along and progressing too quickly to have any kind of pain relief at all. At this point I decided that I needed to just buckle down and make it happen and I went into a total zone. I stopped speaking, stopped moving really and just focused all my energy on every single contraction. I was checked again and told that I was a 9+ and the doctor was called in. An hour after we arrived at the hospital I was complete and ready to push. I pushed with all my heart and soul for 17 minutes and at 4:57pm delivered the most perfect little person I've ever seen.

She was 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 3/4 inches.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Last edited by ambee; March 24th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
March 24th, 2009, 11:29 AM
KendallsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KendallsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to KendallsMommy
Amazing! I wish I could have found my zone! LOL You're baby girl is beautiful!

Thanks to pattyandthemoos for my beautiful siggy (:
March 24th, 2009, 06:30 PM
How sweet, thank you!

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
April 5th, 2009, 12:12 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Another March mommy featured in the newsletter! Go Amber!

April 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks Victory!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search