5 hrs of labor, 4 at home 1 at hospital = fast, natural birth 1.27.09

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
MamaJaimi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So this is what happened and let me tell you its the craziest experience of my life! I was supposed to be induced at 7pm on Tues. so I was cleaning the house, repacking my bag, packing DD's bag and basically doing last minute touches. At 1pm my friend called and I talked to her for an hour while I did the following: cleaned the refrigerator, a load of laundry, cleaned DD's room and vacummed. During this time I begin to have menstrual like cramps but I figured they were just my usual false contractions. However they were starting to get hard to walk through. 2-3pm I was still cleaning and finishing up but the cramps were getting stronger but still I didn't think this was it. At 3:30 I decided to take a shower and it felt better than any shower I have ever had! We just bought one of those adjustable massage heads and boy did it come in to use. When I got out of the shower, I started wondering because all I wanted to do was sit down because of the pain. I think I posted something about maybe being in labor on here. Then I sat in bed and started timing them. My mom was on her way to my house with my favorite pizza and DH was on his way home with DD. I went to put my hair in a ponytail in our guest bathroom by the front door and I brought the computer with me to time the contractions. I never left the bathroom after that except to go to the hospital. I was in pain every 2-3 minutes and they were about 1 minute long. My mom, DH and DD arrived at the same time and they told me to call the hospital. I called and the nurse said "well we don't have any beds ready right now so you can come in but take your time. she also asked me how far apart they were and what # pregnancy this was, but still didnt seem to understand the URGENCY. My sister arrived and at 4:40 she, DH and I left for the hopsital. It was the longest ride of my life! I was contracting like every 2-3 or sometimes 1-2 minutes! My sister was terrified I was going to have the baby in the car!

We get to the hospital at 5:15 and they get us in a bed at 5:25. At 5:40 my doctor checks me...I am at 4cm, 80% effaced and -1. She says well I guess we don't need to induce you! Then she asks if I want the epi and I said I will wait because I didn't want it to slow down labor and the pain wasn't THAT bad at the moment so she left. The anthesistiologist came in at like 5:50 and we got all the info out of the way. Then its really all a blur from here because I was laying on my back and the pain was way too intense so I said I would like that epidural now (this was at like 6...I think). Then I turned on my side and the contractions became unbearable! Then I felt my water break and I told everyone. The 2 nurses were like ok honey, just breathe. Then the pain became INTOLERABLE and the contractions were coming one right after the other, I remember thinking can't I just get a break for a second? Then the pressure and the urge to poop came on STRONG and I started yelling and saying I can't I can't and everyone was telling me breathe and focus and I couldn't (I think I started panicking) and I said he is coming he is coming right now. And they told me not to push and I said I have to and I did (I really had to, I couldn't hold it). Well the nurses didn't realize I had pushed him out so they opened my legs to roll me over on my back and his head was out!!!! They screamed and told me NOT to push anymore (there was an intensity in their eyes so I stopped pushing) Then my doctor got there and cut the cord because it was around his neck. And finally he was out! My sister said I almost broke her hand and DH was in shock! LOL.

I got a 2nd degree tear and it was not fun to get stitched up with no epi but that's okay. I still cant believe it happened the way it did but I wouldnt change a thing. My doctor said I was her best patient because she told me on Monday that if I could go into labor on my own on Tues and give birth by Wed at noon when her shift was over, that would be perfect and I did! LOL. But she missed the birth basically and she was sad about that. Oh and the other doctor said if you have any more kids, tell the hospital you have fast labors because the next one may be even shorter!

MAMA TO NATALIE (4) AND CHRISTIAN (1)

April 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a super fast, natural labor as well so I know how scary/awesome it is! I got to the hospital at 8+cm and was pushing an hour later. I can't even imagine how fast I'll go with my 2nd! Congrats on your perfect little baby!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search