Duckies Birth Stories

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Thomas Harold 9-6-05, Birth story copied from the August/September 2005 Playroom as originally posted; followed by Collin Paul 1-17-08, Birth story copied from the January 2008 Playroom as originally posted:
Quote:
Well I did it! as everyone knows tuesday, sept 6th, i started having contractions @ 2:30am, around 9a they were about 3-7 minutes apart we called the dr. he told me to come on in, well i get to the drs office (9:30-45a), he checks im already 5-6cm!!!!!! they tell me to go to the hospital by the time every thing is set up and all, it was 10:30ish and the contractions were pretty painful but still not too bad, i kept thinking i could still be home, this is going to take forever LITTLE DID I KNOW! around 12:00 i was 8-9cm and everyone was trying to convince me to get the epidural i was really in pain, and screaming with each contraction, by 12:45pm it was in LOL i couldnt do it anymore, at 1:15 i was at a 10, but the lovely nurse i had let me rest before i began to push, at 1:50pm i started pushing and at 2:43pm, little thomas came with a few little cries, he was place on my stomach and looked directly at me, i was in shock! the nurse took him and within a few minutes my dr was getting the placenta and stitching me up (i had a small epesiotmy{sp???}) whil he was doing that i was taking pictures on tom with the baby. his apgars were 9 and 9, the pediatrition said he is absolutly perfect, he has had a few issues with latching on, but nursing is going great, but OUCH! my nipples hurt LOL, during his bath, he trying punching the nurse when she wet his head so i have been calling him slugger LOL he is so perfect and amazing, i still dont find it real! there is so much more i want to add but i know i always say too much lol, so the nurses looked at the paper i was keeping the times of the contractions on, they say labore really started arounf 7:30am so that means i wasnt even in labor for 8 hours!!! i am so proud i stayed home so long, and everyone around me cannot believe this is my 1st child because i did so well! (had to brag LOL)

Thomas Harold, Jr.
September 6th, 2005
2:43pm
7lbs 6oz
20˝"

ETA: i did puke too.. EWW!!!!

__________________________________________________ ________

Quote:
As you all know Collin Paul decided to come on his due date I am soo disapointed I couldn't post while in labor this time but heres all the juicey details anyway.

Again, as you all know I was told on Thursday that I would be induced Friday morning. And we all know how freaked I was. Knowing about the induction, Tom and I sent Thomas to the IL's around 330pm for the night so we didnt have to do it in the morning and could get laundry done and go out for dinner. At 4:50pm I got my very 1st contraction, I thought it was a BH since I was stressing about the induction, and didn't think anything of it when I got another at 5p, 5:10, and 5:20. At 5:30 I thought that it was fishy, but still didn"t think it was the real thing. Tom went home to get dressed to go out with my parents at that time and I told him to grab the hospital bag, just incase..
At 6pm, we showed up at Ruby Tuesdays, with my parents for dinner, and I was still getting contractions every ten minutes, but as soon as we were seated they started coming every 7 minutes. I still didn't believe it was really labor. Tom and my parents were freaking out, by 6:30 they were exactly 5 minutes apart, and PAINFUL! More painful than I can remember with Thomas, way more painful. Around 6:40pm we gave up trying to enjoy our meals.. well, I ate all mine , no one else finished theirs. I called my dr. and he told me to come straight in. We went and got gas, since the car was on E, I sent Rachel my text and called everyone and their mothers to let them know we were on our way in. And Tom told me, he didnt get the hospital bag he didn't think I was serious! Then it started snowing, figures !
So we drove home grabbed the bag, and were off, in the snow to the hospital, contractions were starting to space out and get random, every 3 minutes, then every 7, it was a weird 45 minutes. I was convinced we were going to be sent home, and I just was stressing about being induced. Finally around 7:30, 7:45 we got to the hospital. I got in my gown and into the bed.

I was checked and told they were real contractions, and told I was only 4 cm, I was upset by that since everything was so much more painful than Thomas and with him I got to the hospital @ 6 cm. After answering a bunch of questions, it was around 8:20 and I was ready for the epidural! Omg, the Pain!!! I was told I had to wait for my dr. to check me, which he did at 8:35, I was told I was 6cm. Again I asked for the epidural, my dr. went to find the anesthesiologist, came back by 8:45 to tell me he was in surgery and would be for 20 more minutes. I was in shock, 20 minutes??! Don't they know how long 20 minutes is when you are having contractions??! I said, alright.. Shockingly I was still calm and totally keeping my cool, through out the contractions I was just deep breathing, and my nurse (loved her!) was rubbing my arm and leg telling me to breath and that I could do it. By this point with Thomas I was screaming, this time... Totally silent, it was weird.. I didn't open my eyes at all after I was 20 minutes...until I felt, PRESSURE!! I glanced at the clock, it was 5 of 9, I told the nurse, she go the dr. he checked, he said go ahead and push, but the nurse told me to wait a minute while the dr. gowned up, good thing I did! I pushed once and out came the head, just like that, the 2nd push he was all the way out, at 9pm exact. Tom was sooo loud, "Nicole, OMG, he is here already, you did it! OMG I am so proud of you!" He was so beyond excited and proud though I still didn't believe he was really out, I heard him cry, but it did NOT set in.. The dr. asked if I wanted Collin on my stomach, and I said "he's out?" lmao! I looked at him and was amazed! He was sooo tiny! The 1st words out of my mouth after that was "I want Thomas here to see him."

I tore (tearing soooo much better than an epis!!), so while I was getting stitched up, Tom video taped Collin getting checked out.

heres some pictures, and I will tell you about day 1, in a few seconds

Collin was weighed and I learned the u/s was wrong! He is a peanut at 6 lbs 15.8 oz

Here is our 1st photo together

My very favorite picture

Yesterday, Thomas came up to meet his brother, he was soooo sweet!

Here is Collin and Thomas's 1st time meeting

and Thomas holding Collin singing to him

Thomas was told it was almost time to go buh bye, he kissed Collin

Daddy admiring his son

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search