Vincent Cyn's birth story 1-13-2010

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM
vincentsmom
Jan 12th which was my due date (the second one I was given, the first was the 13th!) my DH and I walked around and around and around our neighborhood trying to get Vincent to come on out. As the day got further along I started to realize that Vincent was not moving that much and when I kick counted I only got 4 kicks in 2 hours. So finally I decided to go into L and D since he had not been moving that much and I was starting to have slight contractions. We got to L and D and were put on the monitors. After a big scare of the monitor being in the wrong spot and not picking up his heart beat we realized he was ok and was doing just fine. I was having pretty regular contractions according to the monitor. I couldn't feel them at all. They checked me when I came in and I was still a 2 just like I had been since Christmas night. After 2 hours she nurse came in and checked me again and said that I was still a 2 put it seemed that I was a little further into 2 then I was before. She said that she felt for sure that I was in early labor...sadly enough though she had to send us home since I was not progressing enough and my contractions were not intense enough. My dh and I went home and walked again...it was way cold outside but I wanted Vincent to be born already. Finally around 6 in the morning with my contractions still not getting worse we decided to go to sleep. We awoke around 11 or so and my contractions were no where to be seen. I was a little disappointed but I put it out of my head. As I was making my lunch around 12:30 my water broke. I of course thought I had peed myself and it took a good 30 mins for me to come to terms with the fact that my water had indeed broken. I started having slight contractions again once my water had broken...a few were intense. My mom, sister, and dh all piled into the car and headed off to the hospital. I had no clean underwear anymore thanks to my water breaking over the last two I had clean...I had to steal some of DH's boxer briefs that he had when he was in his heavier days and put a pad in them. We got checked into the hospital and sent to L and D. I was weighed and had lost 2 pounds already just from the water I had lost. lol I got my room and was sent into the bathroom to change into my gown. My pad was soaked and I was steadily leaking water onto the floor. I changed and went back into the room and laid down on the bed. I was still in denial and was thinking that it wasn't my water, it was something else...though I could not figure out for the life of me what the "something else" could possibly be. lol They did the test to see if it was my water and it of course was. I thought I was going to pass out when they said it was my water. I was checked and was 2 and a half cm...so we had a little progress. lol I was put on my IV, set up to the monitors and everything. My contractions had pretty much stopped cept for a few here and there. After 2-3 hours and very few contractions they started me on pitocin. I wish I could remember what time they had started it. lol They started me on the lowest dosage and after an hour upped it to the second lowest dosage. At this point my contractions were pretty regular and starting to intensify. After it was upped to the next dosage the contractions started coming every 1-2 mins apart and I was in horrible pain through all of them. I couldn't manage to breath through them as well as I had wished and the pain soon became unbearable. I really have never felt such awful pain in my life. I went into the hospital saying no to the epi or any pain meds...but soon I was very happy that I had signed something saying that I would not opt out of getting the epi if I could not handle the pain. I was screaming for that epi. I went through and hour and a half of horrible contractions before my epi was given to me. It was amazing the relief I felt once I had it. Everyone came back into the room to see a new person. lol (Everyone being my mom, my dh, my grandmother, father, sister, and one of my preggy friends) One of my legs was more numb then the other so I was still feeling slight pain in my right side. They had me turn on my side to get it to disperse more evenly. After about 30 mins I was completely numb on both sides. I ended up taking a nap. When I woke up I was able to joke around with my family and friends and enjoy the rest of my labor. My only problem was that I was very very hungry. lol Since my water had broken, my cervix was not checked that much. On the second check I was a 3, then a 4, and then a 6 after my epi was put in. About 5 mins before 10 they came in to check me again and I was fully dilated. They allowed everyone to come in and say goodbye to me and head off to the waiting room. My mom and my dh stayed with me. They got everything set up and told me on my next contraction that I needed to push. They instructed me to take a deep breath and hold it in and push while they counted to 10. I couldn't feel anything this entire time. I could not tell that I was pushing at all. My mom pushed my back forward for me to help me push and my dh held my leg back for me. I pushed maybe 4 or 5 times before the doctor came in. My dh had told me before that he was not going to look while the baby was being born cause he would never be able to look at that part of my body the same way again. He ended up looking anyways the entire time his son was being born. At one point he even asked "Is that grey thing the baby?" That was so funny to me, and my mother wanted to smack him. I was so excited during this entire time. I couldn't wait to see my baby and find out the sex of the baby. I thought for sure I was having a girl. lol Finally they told me to push down really hard and the next thing I knew I felt a little bit of pressure and strange movement and the baby was out. They announced to me that it was a boy. I saw him and started crying. Tears just streamed down my face. I couldn't believe that I had just had a baby. He only made a small squeak noise until my mom cut the umbilical cord and then he started crying. I hate to say it, but he has the cutest cry I have ever heard. My heart goes out to him and makes me so sad for him to cry, but it's so cute at the same time. lol After they got him all cleaned up they bought him over to me and let me hold him for the first time. I was still crying. When I held him for the first time the tears got even heavier. My mother was crying, and my husband was smiling like a maniac. I held him for about 15 mins and then let my husband hold him for a little while. At this point everyone else was allowed in the room. Vincent was passed around from person to person. lol Sadly they had to come and get him and take him away from me so that he could go to the nursery for 2 hours and get his shots, be weighed and monitored. While he was gone I finally got to eat something. They moved me to my postpartum room and played Vincent's birth music, which caused me to tear up again. Everything seemed to surreal. Once I got to my room and had everything explained to me it was about 2 in the morning and they finally bought me my baby boy. I am soo in love with him. Every day he gets cuter. While we were in the hospital every time they bought him to me he was awake and alert. I sit there thinking and realizing how I had a baby, a beautiful baby boy and I just can't believe how lucky I am.

February 1st, 2010, 08:55 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
great story! he is super cute!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
mommy_2_ava_1109's Avatar Mommy to Ava & Jack
Beautiful story! I can only hope my next birth goes as great as yours did!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search