Birth stories...8 so far and counting!

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Given the # of stories I have, I'll give the super-condensed versions.

#1: Had OB appt. that afternoon, told I was not dilated, baby would not come for 3 more weeks and would be huge. I felt something wet early the next morning, went to the bathroom and saw blood in toilet, freaked out, went to hospital (this was at about 7am), was 4cm dilated. I wanted to go home and was told I could but nurse suggested I stay for a while, maybe sit in the shower. I went to the shower and about an hour later felt a THUD! I came bolting out wrapped in a tiny towel yelling for an epidural NOW!!! The nurse said if I was not past 6cm I could get one, she checked me, and yelled for the doctor because baby's head was right there! I pushed explosively (for the count of 2-3, then stopped, repeat) for about 10 minutes when my nurse got in my face and told me to count to 10, take a breath, repeat...baby was out in 5 pushes - in fact she came out in ONE push instead of first head, then shoulders, then body. There was a collective "WHOA!" from everyone including the doctor when baby came shooting out.

#2: Walked around at almost 5cm for 2 weeks, doctor sent me to be induced at 40 weeks. Went in at 7am and had the gel...nothing happened all day, not one contraction. Just after 4:00 my doctor suggested breaking my water and there I went! Reached 10cm by 5:00 and baby was born moments later. No drugs.

#3: Went in for OB appt. and was told I was at 4cm. Went to hospital across street and got epi (I needed a break after 2 natural births), water was broken, baby born minutes later (literally). Awesome experience and the first one we videotaped...so glad we did! Had my mom on the phone as baby was being born which was so neat for all of us.

#4: This one is great. Had an OB appt and was told I should be in labor due to weather inversion (I was 40 weeks exactly). I laughed and said I felt great, baby wasn't coming today. Got home and first contraction started 20 minutes later. I called my OB and asked what to do and nurse said to wait an hour then call if contractions continued. Hung up the phone only to pick it up 2 minutes later when it rang; it was my OB saying get to the hospital NOW! 15 minutes later we arrived, I was at 4cm (4:15). At 4:30 I was at 6cm and my OB came in to break my water. I told him he wasn't coming near me (learned from #2 what would happen) and asked if I could walk around. Sat up and yelled, "*&^%!!! My water broke!!!" Baby was born at 4:56, my OB was in the next room and came skidding in with barely enough time to gown up and get gloves on before baby came popping out. No meds, obviously.

#5: Learned my lesson about fast labors! Scheduled induction, went in at 10pm, water broken...nothing happened! OB slept at hospital given my history and couldn't believe what was NOT happening! Then at 5am I definitely felt something, was at 4cm, baby was born at 5:30!!! Partial epi. By this time everyone including nurses knew me and months later I was known as "that woman with the incredible labors".

#6: Same experience as #5 only I went from 4-baby in arms in 29 minutes. partial epi. New hospital where no one knew me, nurse wouldn't call my OB when I went from 4-6 in two contractions, she ended up delivering baby.

#7: Begged God for a slower labor as I wanted to go drug-free. He answered my prayers! First contraction hit at 10:30, got to hospital 30 minutes later and was at 3cm. Dilated 1cm/hour until 7cm (soooo nice!) when things changed. Had 3 contractions that hurt horribly and when I was told I was still at 7cm I told the nurse to get me an epi or hit me over the head and knock me out (I think I yelled at her). She scooted out to call my OB when the worst contraction I'd ever felt hit - I couldn't breathe, couldn't talk, felt like my insides were being ripped apart which it turns out they were because as soon as the contraction was over I yelled, "I need to push!" I'd gone through transition in one contraction!! There was complete silence from the 5 people in the room (labor team+dh) and I mentally told myself that they were all idiots, gave a push, and caught my baby's head. All heck broke loose! Someone yelled at me to move my hand (um, right, and drop my baby's head??), someone else yelled for the nurse, I hated everyone and pushed again...baby's shoulders came out. I screamed, "Kill me...KILL ME!!!" and pushed baby's body out (by that time a nurse was there to catch baby). It was out of control and I actually closed my eyes and would not open them for 15 minutes. I wouldn't hold my baby, didn't care that she was here, I just wanted to go to sleep and be left alone. Vowed never to give birth naturally again.

#8: Wasn't about to experience what I did with #7 again so as soon as the first contraction hit I went in and demanded an epi even though I was only at 3cm. My OB fought with the anesthesiologist who didn't want to administer one so early and it's a good thing she stood up for me! Got the epi and about 10 minutes later there I went! 4cm-baby in arms was 26 minutes. Even with a full epi I felt my uterus tightening to the point of painful and was so glad I wasn't feeling my cervix. Best labor/delivery ever! I was actually laughing and cared that I had a baby unlike when I went naturally.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.

Last edited by ♥womanintheshoe♥; April 21st, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search