My babies :) 2 very different birth experiences!!

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
Tam_87's Avatar Regular
Hamish, now 6 years old.

Hamish was born on his due date by induction. I developed pre eclampsia in the last week of my pregnancy so they would not let me go over my due date. I was told his approx weight would be 7lb 2oz, turns out he was born a massive 10lb 6oz. I was given a epidural & had my waters broken. It was painless & i remember thinking afterwards "i would do it all again tomorrow if i had to".

Syrus, now 6 weeks old.

I had the perfect pregnancy with Syrus! No morning sickness, no aches or pains. I was able to work up to 37 weeks. As soon as week 38 hit i was over it. My ultrasound estimated he was already 8lb & after my last babie being 10lb 6oz i was ready to get him out asap!! I tryed drinking a bottle of castor oil.. nothing. Walking everywhere.. nothing. Sex... nothing. & pretty much everything else you can try to induce labour and still nothing! I had my 38 week internal done to see if i was dilated and straight away after leaving the hospital that day my contractions started. I still think the dr ruptured my membranes without telling me. By 7pm that night i was tossing up weather to go to the hospital or not. About 3 hours after putting my 6 year old to bed i was certain these werent braxton hicks anymore but not 100% ( last time i never experianced contractions ), i was waking him up, packing his bag for Grandmas & we were off to the hospital. By 4am the next morning i was ready to give birth & wishing my epidural would hurry up!! Finally it was time to get the epidural, i sat up & Syrus popped out. 1 push & he was out. So i didnt end up having time for the drugs. I was only in the hospital 24 hours before i was allowed home

Aussie Mummy Chat <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search