Freja's birth story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
First off let me tell you I had a hellish pregnancy from the start. At 5 weeks I miscarried Freja's twin and was high risk from that point on. My dr at 5 weeks said it was likely I would loose my other baby. Come 8 weeks u/s there was a little bean with her heartbeat going and going !
ANYWAY, then the morning sickness started. I had it bad exsessive vomiting. So I was in and out of the hospital on anti nausia pills and got iv fluids 4 times. At 28 weeks I went into preterm labor. I was TERIFIED! They stopped the contractions and I was sent home on bedrest and was 2 cm dialated and 70% effaced. Well because I had gained only 3 lbs my entire pregnancy my dr wanted to see me every week from that point on. at 30 weeks Freja failed a non-stress test. The dr sent me over to l&d to be monitored, Freja picked up and we went home. However then he said I needed 2 nsts a week just to be safe. At 34 weeks I had an amnio because he wanted to induce and get her out as soon as he could. Her lungs weren't developed enough so I continued to have 2 sometimes 3 nsts a week. at 36 weeks I had to go BACK to L&D and stay overnight when Freja's heart rate spiked at 200 somthing at one point during the nst. At 37 weeks I was scheduled for an induction but it was suddenly canceled. At 37 weeks and 5 days I think I went in for an induction at 7 in the morning. I was hooked up to the pitocin at 7:30 and the contractions started. At 8:45 the dr broke my water. I watched tv and colored in a coloring book for most of the day at 1:30 I was in so much pain I needed an epi, they gave me one, it didn't work, they gave me another dose, still nothing. I ended up with 4 doses before it worked. At about 2:40 I told the nurse I HAD to push she checked me and I was 10 ready to go. I pushed for 15 minutes and freja came into the world at 2:57 pm. I was in labor for just a little under 7 and 1/2 hours. Freja came into the world at 6 lbs 2 oz adn 19.5 inches long. She had low blood sugar at birth but was fine otherwise and came home at 5 lbs 10 oz. Photobucket.com isn't working at the moment but as soon as it's all fixed I'll post a picture on here of Freja at the hospital and you guys can see her She's huge now as you can see from my siggy lol

Edited because I am SLOW and just realized I had typed 6 lbs 3! oz instead of 6 lbs 2 oz *blush*
September 2nd, 2004, 05:30 AM
I Heart 4x4
Aww! I'm sorry pregnancy was so hellish for you! But what a beautiful little lady you have there
September 2nd, 2004, 09:41 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
*SNIFFLE*SNIFFLE*
I dont think I ever read your birth story before! WOW, And I thought my pg was a hellish one!
That is such a beautiful picture!
Thanks for sharing your story! I am glad I got to read it this time!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 2nd, 2004, 09:42 AM
I wanted to add.......I know what it is like to m/c a twin. I had that happen with my #3. It was scarey. I had already m/c a set. I thought for sure it would happen again.
I didnt know that happened to you.....
LATE HUGS!!!!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
September 2nd, 2004, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey christy hun thanks for the hugs. One reason I'm nervous is because twins run in both families my mom is a twin and her two younger sisters (born 3 years later) are also twins. And Joe's family has 4! sets of twins. I'm scared of it happening again. So I hope you don't mind if when I get pg again if I come to you with worries, even if I only have one baby. Since we know each other a bit
September 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
hello,
of course you can come to me silly! about ANYTHING!!!!
wow that is some twin history!
on my Dads side- his mother had a set of fraternal twins
on my moms side- my great grandmother had two sets of twins. and one of her daughters had two sets of twins.

My dh's family-his cousin had triplets 5 days before I had my 3rd. It kinda made me sad. I knew it could have been exciting to have twins the same year of a family member having triplets.

I love learing about twin history.....

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search