Pushing out 10+ pounds in 15 minutes!

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 12:53 PM
My name is Kristina. This is the story about my son, Declan (with peeks into my daughter's birth).

I found out on March 14, 2012 that I was pregnant. This was exactly 1 month after Valentine's Day, and 2 months 1 week after my wedding. I previously had a baby girl, and somehow knew this experience would be different. My daughter was 9 pounds 10 ounces, and she was 5 days late. I showed early with her, but I had no idea how much different this pregnancy would be.

I started "showing" at 6 weeks, and getting sick. The morning sickness I experienced with my daughter came back with a vengeance with my son. I was nauseous with her, throwing up very little at random. With my son, I was late to work almost every day from worshiping the porcelain God. Things got better after month 5, but I never really lost that miserable feeling until a few days after giving birth.

My back hurt constantly. As my belly grew, so did my appetite and my hips. I felt ugly and miserable, all the time. I tried explaining to my husband how I felt, and he compared it to kidney stones. I would just laugh and brush it off. He had no idea what was coming (this was his first child) and apparently, neither did I.

Fast forward to week 39 (up until here it was a normal, miserable pregnancy). Week 40 for me was Thanksgiving week, and I convinced my doctor to induce me early to avoid being in the hospital on Thanksgiving. I went in 6 days early. I expected this to be a piece of cake. I had epidural issues with my daughter, so I spent my labor doped up. I was so out of it with her, they had to wake me up to push. With my son, I felt EVERYTHING and was very aware of it. I was only in labor for 6 hours with my baby, and then it came time to push. With my daughter, I pushed for 45 loooong minutes. I took this baby as a personal challenge; determined to have him out in less time.

And, I did. On November 14, (6 days early and exactly 9 months after Valentines Day) I pushed a 10 lb 5 oz baby boy out vaginally in only 15 minutes. When the doctor pulled him out, he said, "Congratulations Mom, its a toddler!" and my husband exclaimed "He looks just like me!!" and ran to his side. After seeing what I experienced, my husband never again compared kidney stones to giving birth. Later, my doctor assured me that if I went to or beyond my due date, I would have delivered a 12 lb baby. He also told me, "Some women were just made to have babies. And you, my dear, are one of them!"

Last edited by kconrad1712; May 20th, 2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typos

Tags
baby boy , big babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search