Austyn Denise's Arrival

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Regular
Well Sunday 8.20.06 we were at home after being out and about seeing Rowdy the mascot for the Cowboys and buying some stuff at the dollar store we needed.When we got home I got on the puter with Brooke and was complaining yet again how miserable I was and how I really thought the pregnancy was never gonna end (and how bad I wanted to have her so I could wear my jersey for the game lol).As we were chatting I noticed a few random ouchies in my stomach and mentioned them to Brooke.WE had already been through this to many times to count but something felt different.They were different and in a different area.Well it became dinner time around 6 pm and I got offline and told her Id be back in a bit.All through dinner I kept noticing these pains,I was trying not to get to excited thinking the next one wouldnt happenbut IT DID! I mentioned them to Robert and said I wanted to go to the grocery store to get snacks Just in case for Charlotte and Chelita because I knew we didnt have any.So off we go.In the truck I had one and found I couldn't sit which isnt easy when you have to lol.I ended up taking my seatbelt off and crunching in the seat.When we got to the store I had yet another pain.By this time RObert was timing them for me and they were about 5 minutes apart and 40 seconds long.Heading home we had to stop at storage and drop some stuff off....I had another.By this time I was figuring out it was time!We were having a baby tonight and I needed to give Charlotte a heads up.I had never been that sure and thats when it really hit me IT WAS TIME! I asked my neighbor to walk with me after I got off the phone with Charlotte.Charlotte had told me that when they got to a minute long call her back...and asked if it was time to call CHelita...YOU bet ya.I wasn't gonna let her miss this and I knew! So after the call I went walking with Heather and could only walk up my street 1 time and then I just got to hot.She was timing these and noticed they were about 50-55 seconds long and about 3 minutes apart.Robert was at the house hanging out with our other neighbor.When I got back to the house I asked someone to go to Sonic for some ice and then I called Charlotte.She said she was gonna get dressed and be on her way.I then began cleaning my bathroom and stuff because I just couldnt have a dirty house LOL.Robert was getting the bed ready and doing whatever I asked but also staying out of my way because when Im in pain I like quietness.No fussing over me ya know? I took a quick cold shower because yet again I couldnt stand the thought of Poor Charlotte having to smell me since I had been sweating all day (the things we can come up with in our minds LOL) .By the time I got my shower and the house picked up Robert mentioned what was Austyn to wear after she's born...OH CRAP I HADNT THOUGHT OF THAT?Im such a control freak lol.So I started finding what she would need and by that time Charlotte arrived (it was 10pm by this time) The contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart and still 50-55 sec.During every contraction I would turn around and face the wall.I noticed I held my tummy up because it really helped.Charlotte did her paperwork and then checked my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat.She asked if I wanted her to check me andI said no...I had only had 1 exam before and I just knew I didnt want the let down of being told "Your only a 2" So we just began to hang out.Chelita showed at around 10:30.We all went in my room so they could set their stuff up and I got online again to let all my friends online know it was time! Brooke popped online and was curious as to what was happening.I asked her if she would like to join the party and she said YES! She was on her way.We sat around for awhile...I continued to handle my contractions very well..same way ...standing up facing the wall quietly thinking through them.Around 12 am Robert laid down for a nap (of course he asked me if I needed him and at that point I didnt) and all of us girls were hanging out in the living room.We chatted and watched TV.I used a chair to sit in between the contractions.At this point we werent really timing them but I started noticing around 4am they were getting stronger and closer but I was still calm.At this point I mentioned I wanted to get in the tub and to wake Robert up.So off we all went...Charlotte ran my bath and I went potty...Can I say it hurts when you have to pee and contract!

I climbed in and got as comfy as I could and waited for Robert.He went and got his swim trunks on and came in and put his feet in the tub and sat behind me...never hesitated or left me!I was so hot at this point he had gotten him some water and started using it to cool me off by rubbing it up and down my neck.It helped soooo much.I was still handling my contractions really well ...they were getting stronger and more intense so I started to moan through them.Not loud but I was making noise.They had to tell me to relax my face and body because I kept tensing up.I finally asked CHarlotte to check me and she said I was about a 6-7 and had a buldging bag.At that point I was SOOOO proud of myself because I had made it sooo much farther than I did with KElly and I knew I could handle it.the next few contractions I noticed I couldnt lean back...I was getting up and leaning over a bit on my knees.I noticed something pop and said "I felt something pop guys" they said"Its ok it was probably your water.At that point I almost got mad.I wanted my waters intact for as long as I could but there was not anything I could do now.Around 5 I think I started noticing a ton more pressure and Charlotte said its her moving down.THis is where I started getting more intense....I would breath through them...moan some but I still was handling them well I think.Robert was quietly still sitting there holding my hands when I needed him and just being awesome.The girls were all telling me I was doing good.Charlotte told Brooke to go get my girls up....I wanted them to be there! At this point things got kinda blurry.I could feel her coming down alot faster and it was REALLY starting to hurt.All I kept thinking was its almost over...OMG IM REALLY DOING THIS! They told me when I felt the need to push to do it...I was already pushing I think at this point LOL.Her head started to come out but not fast enough because at some point I told Charlotte "GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME" lol.I would grunt LOUD...moan and Im not really sure if I screamed but I was yelling.More so for the power.I remember at this point I looked down and saw her head partly coming out and thought OMG.I looked up at RObert and said "I love you" He said it back and that ave me sooo much strentgh.I kept thinking This is OUR baby ...OMG I love him (yep even without the drugs!) This I think is where I felt like I lost control only because it was soooo intense! I said something along the lines of "OMG I have a freaking human coming out of me" LOL.I pushed really good and soon I looked down and out she popped...Charlotte caught her (THere was no way Robert could reach) and I put my hands down and brought her up crying saying"OMG MY BABY...OMG I LOVE HER SO MUCH" (wow this is bringing me to tears lol) It was instant love...I was amazed at myself...amazed that I had not only made her with the love of my life but I brought her into te world the way I had always dreamed! Life couldnt be more perfect! She was born at 5:46am.I got 3 stitches and am healing perfect.

Gd gave me more than just a blessing...he gave me strentgh to accomplish so much.I remember thinking as I held her those first few seconds of her life....SHE is going to be the reason I finish the things I quit.If I can do that I can do anything! Thank you God for my miracle...thank you for my strentgh.THank you for my oter children and thank you for my husband.THank you for the wonderful women who walked me through this process and believed in me! Without all of these things I would be lost! As I sit her looking at my beautiful baby girl Im so amazed...THere is no doubt in my mind theres a God!I know there is because when I looked into her eyes I saw him! I saw the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen....Im so in love!

DH....Robert
Me....Teresa
DD...Loren
DD...Kelly
and our newest addition
Austyn Denise 8.21.06

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search