Aleetha's Birth

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Aubree's Avatar Veteran
So I thought I would share my birth story for all:

On Friday September 8th 2006, my fiance and I decided to go get married at the County Clerks office, we've been together for 7 years, and we had been putting it off forever, considering we had planned a marriage in Japan, but that was cancelled when we found out we were pregnant. So that afternoon we went to the Recorder and got married, it was sweet and simple and we meant every word we recited.

So after we got married we went to dinner. I had a very small meal and we came home, I lounged on the couch for a couple hours while my husband played FFXI (Online Video game). *Previous Info: Now on July 27th I began having Pre-term labor contractions and was taken off work and placed on mild bed rest. The contractions which I didn't even know I was having, all I felt were severe bouts of back pain, were cause for concern from my Dr. and so she told me I would most likely have my baby early. And that Monday (September 4th) I went in for a check up and she told me I was currently 2cm dialated, and to not do anything, she wanted to keep the baby from coming until after the following week because after 37 weeks I was considered full term.*

So on Friday that night after lounging on the couch my husband and I decided to go to bed which was around 11pm. As we were getting ready for bed I sat down to look for something in a cabinet and I felt a sudden gush of water. Well being a first time everything, I wasn't sure if my water had broken, I think I was, but I didn't want to believe it, lol. So I went into the bathroom and thought perhaps I had a bladder release, but when it kept coming out and not out of where you urinate, I called my mom, haha. She told me yes, thats got to be it. So my husband gathered the bags and off we went to the hospital, which lluckily was only 5 minutes from our home.

We arrived at the hospital around 11:30, I was admitted immediately and they placed an Iv inside my arm and told me that the expected rate of dialation to 10cm would probably be somwhere around 20 hours. Yes well, I began contracting very soon after being admitted, and after 3 hours I was 6 cm dialated! My best friend, my mother, father and husband were all there in the room. I had back labor, since the baby was chilling on my tail bone (yeah that felt lovely). My husband helped me soo much, he was holding my hand and pressing my lower back to take away the pressure, it was wonderful. So eventually I told them I was gonna be a wuss and get a Epidural, and I think that was the worst part considering, by the time they woke the guy up to needle me I was 7 to 8 cm dialated!!! And in mucho pain!! After he shot me up (missing a few times and pricking me in the bone, which caused involuntary hip jerks after ward ><) I felt a little better, but as the contractions came I still felt a sharp pain in my tail bone, and needed more drugs. So he came again and shot me up with what I considered way too much, and when it came time for me to push, I was then placed on Pitocin so that I could feel my contractions, because I was completely numb

Pushing was difficult, by far the most memorable, I think her top of her head came out like 5 times, then got sucked back in. I kept hearing my whole family shouting to push and it really helped me! The docter who delivered my baby was awesome, not my normal ob/gyn, but he was great, he kept making jokes about if the baby didn't come out soon everyone in the room was gonna have hemrroids, haha. I like sarcasm and humor while Im giving birth, go figure. So after about 2 hours of pushing her little head emerged and then the rest came out pretty quickly. I can't honestly remember her first cries. I was in shock and people were crying around me and talking, everything went kind of in slow motion, even the voices around me, and then they placed her on my chest, and I couldn't look down because my neck hurt so ###### bad from pushing (yah know they make you place your chin to your chest, and thats no good for a person with a bad neck anyway ><) so I didn't really see her, but I felt her, and that was more memorable then anything else, I remember saying omg, omg, and cupping her little fragile cone-shaped head and just thinking wow shes finally here, and shes sooo tiny!!! My bestfrined of 15 years was balling her eyes out, and my husband looked so amazed, he was the first one to really hold her.

So after 8 total hours, @ 8:36am, Aleetha Marie was brought into the world, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"

After 3 weeks of having her, I still can't foget those first, moments. I know 3 decades from now I won't forget, now I know exactly how my mom feels!!! Motherhood really is beautiful. And I also have a new found respect for woman who give birth, in any way, regardless, its tough, whichever route taken.

And to top it all off my husband and I call it the Fabulous 3! The 8th we were married, the 9th is our daughters birthday, and the 10th is our actual anniversary of when we started dating!!! lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search