Devin's birth story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2004, 08:16 PM
crazylady
Ok well lemme just say that first off i have a really STUPID dr.

I was due July 5th 2004 and Devin was born at 2:32am on July 7th 2004. I dont know why she let me go over due because i went over due with my first son and he was enormous! Anyway all weekend i was having contractions, constantly asking people what i should do and constantly being sent home at 4 centimeters, why i have no idea since this wasnt my first child....any how on the 3rd i was checked and my doctor said i was 5 thats right 5 centimeters! and sent me home! i went in that night (since i was having contractions all day and was scraed by the time i got there i would be to far to have any medication) and they told me i was only 3! BIG difference but who the hell knows i guess...anyway so i went in again the 6th for an appointment and i was at 4 centimeters...i was like i REALLY think that i should be induced VERY soon...my dr was like o your just measuring a LITTLE over average...we'll wait till next week (which wouldve been 8 days longer!)...ha! i showed her! i went in that night with contractions and i was already at 5 when i was checked about an hour after i went in...so she finally gave in and broke my water...i decided to get an epidural this time around (and im so glad i did) luckily that didnt hurt...the only thing about it that i didnt like was that i HAD to be in there by myself with no one there with me while they put it in (i was SOOOO scared) and the fact that they have to give me TRIPLE the dose that normal people get because it wasnt having any affect on my body...any hoo i had that done at around 11:00pm and had my son at 2:32am after only 15 minutes of pushing! he was 10 lbs 8 oz! 22 inches long! and she wanted me to go another week and a half! dear god! the thing that was really pising me off was that she was told before i had went in to labor(weeks before) that i didnt want anyone in the delivery room besides her and my best friend and my boyfriend and the nurse...she was like "ok sure i completely understand" and while i was "practice pushing" (when they first start to have you push to see how you do)...she was at the door INVITING people to come in (about 3 nurses and a couple of MEDICAL STUDENTS!!!!) GGRRRRRR....that really ticked me off...that and the fact that when i was told i had Gestational Diabetes, i told her how concerned i was about having another enormous baby and asked to be induced sine i went over with my first and all she said was "oh thats not a standard procedure with GD, we dont really worry about that too much!" lol thats crazy
September 21st, 2004, 09:47 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Hugs. Hope the next one goes better!
September 21st, 2004, 09:48 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Hugs. Hope the next one goes better!
September 22nd, 2004, 04:00 AM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
I can realte to stupid doctors!!! My ds was born back in 1993 and he weighted 9lbs 10oz and 22in long....No drugs completely natural!!!! THEN this past 2003 Dec my dd came and I was GD for her and they decided to take her 2 weeks early b/c they told me with the US she was big tooo....OK I said, she came in to the world at 7lbs 13oz and 20 1/2 in long!!! And I had the Epidural and what ever drug they could give me!!! Totally different delivery that time!!! But when it came to GD they had NO clue why my son was So big and she was suppposed to but wasnt!!! Gotta love them Doctors....

And I wasnt GD for ds....Crazy!!

You had a great story tooo thanks for sharing!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search