Davids birth story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2004, 09:27 PM
crazylady
Well it was my first child so i didnt really know what to expect...as you can guess i was at the hospital every other day starting about a week befre my due date...my due date rolled right along pass ( i was due March 4th) and my dr. finally agreed to induce me on the 12th....i went in at 600am and they started pitocin right away...i was having good contractions and by 300pm they decided to break my water when i was around 5 centimeters....up to that point i didnt ask for any medication...then about a half hour after that i had gotten only 1/2 a dose(not even a whole dose) of nubain through an arm IV...it only lasted about 20min and i still felt the pain ...i just was too high to care...by the time it wore off i was in MAJOR labor....the dr.s and nurses kept on coming in and i kept on asking for meds but they would say ok in a min! by the time i was just about histarical they checked me and i was at 7 centimeters so they wouldnt get me any!! the nerve!! it was horrible pain...i cant even describe it...plus they screwed up on my pitocin and kept upping the dosage (by mistake, since my contractions were strong enough to dilate me) and my contractions would last for about 90 seconds and only were 20-30 seconds apart! my mom and my best friend and my boyfriend were all there in the delivery room....i have to admit i handled it pretty well...i onnly screamed one time and thats when his head came out (after onnly 15 min of pushing with my first child)! i had to have 22 stitches...he was 9lbs 20 inches exactly at birth...another thing that made me mad was that my dr just stood there and allowed a MEDICAL STUDENT (not even a resident) deliver my child and stitch me up...i was in so much of pain that i didnt notice it until he was stitching me...o yea and with BOTH of my kids , they had shoulder dystocia, where there shoulders get stuck after the head was delievered...i had to have 6 different nurses push on my stomach to make david come out...i only needed 3 with devin...but all in all, their births gave me my sons which i am forever grateful for
September 21st, 2004, 09:31 PM
crazylady
o i forgot to list the time he was born...7:17pm...about 13 1/2 hours of labor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search