Kiana Aleise

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2006, 08:04 AM
NewMommyJenn's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMommyJenn
I started having contractions a few weeks before I went into labor. I was dilating little by little, and contracting constantly! The contractions were regular and painful for the last week before Kiana was born. I was having terrible back pain along with it. Kiana was posterior and I was constantly doing everything I could to get her to rotate. She never did turn. We made many trips to the birth center and L&D. On October 2nd I was still 4cm and 80% effaced. Where I had been for days. I was contracting like crazy about every 6 minutes and couldn’t get any sleep. My midwife was afraid that I was reaching the point where I wouldn’t progress any further without a little bit of help. She decided that if Kiana had not come by Wednesday the 4th she would strip my membranes to try to move things along.

On October 3, 2006 I woke up and wasn’t having nearly as many contractions, they were very irregular and manageable. My back hurt still, but I was getting a much needed break from the contractions. I got a great night’s sleep. On October 4, 2006 I woke up at about 6:30 in the morning with the worst back pain in my life. I figured it was from Kiana’s position (which in actuality, it was)! But I took my shower, got dressed and went to work. I was at work for about 3 hours, and I couldn’t stand the pain. Nothing was helping the pain. I left work and came home and tried to nap a bit. It didn’t work. I got online and was posting a little on JM, and was also IMing with a few people. I mentioned that I was having the worst backache and someone said maybe it was back labor! DING! It was like a light bulb went on in my head. I read a little on it, but I wasn’t sure so I called my Midwife. She said to have my husband come home and massage my back, try a warm bath, etc. and see if any of that helped. Well about a half hour after that (my husband was half way through his hour drive) I was standing in the family room leaning over the couch to take some of the pressure off my back. I felt a weird pop and before I could think about it, my water was gushing ALL over the floor! It was 1:30. I immediately felt her drop down further and the pressure was so intense. The contractions were insane. I was feeling them in my belly and my back. I couldn’t believe the pain By the time my husband got home and we were on our way, I was feeling like there was no way I could do this! We got to the Birth Center and I could barely walk! They got me onto a bed and checked me…I was 7 CM!!! It was 3:00. I immediately got into the tub. I was able to relax a little more. My husband, midwife, and labor assistant were amazing! I was leaning over the back of the tub and they were taking turns massaging my back and applying counter pressure. Things got really intense and she checked me. I was fully dilated and they wanted me to move to the bed to deliver since she was a little early. It was 4:30. As soon as I was about to get up I had the uncontrollable urge to push and there was no moving for me. I pushed 3 times through the first three contractions and it felt great! But it was so much pressure on my back. It hurt so bad, and she was against my sciatic nerve which was causing horrible pain in my leg. I pushed through a few more contractions, but not effectively. They turned me over so I was against my husband and it only took one more contraction to get her out! The midwife used perineal massage and supported my perineum when I was pushing the head out. I didn’t tear at all. Once her shoulders were out they had me reach down and bring her to my chest! It was the most amazing feeling to finally hold my baby girl! I nursed her right away in the tub. We got out and moved to the bed to deliver the placenta which was a piece of cake. The contractions continued since I was nursing. Kiana Aleise was born October 4, 2006 at 5:03 PM. She weighed 6lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches!
October 7th, 2006, 11:20 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW!!!

So did she eventually turn even during pushing or did she come out face up?!

Congratulations, youre a champ! You did great!

And 6 lbs 9 ozs - not too shabby for an early baby Maybe you were a little further along than they thought!? lol

I cant wait to see pics

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 7th, 2006, 12:15 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yea, I was thinking the same thing...maybe you were a bit more pg than we all thought.

Girl! You are great! WOW! I knew you had it in you. What a woman!

Congratulations on your wee one! HUGS!

October 8th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks ladies! No, she never did turn. She was born face up, and let me tell you, it was absolutely the worst back pain of my life. I could have easily managed with the contractions I think. It was the back pain that was making it so hard to cope!

My midwife does think I was a little further than originally thought. My last cycle before I found out I was pregnant was very short and much lighter, so we think we were off on the time of conception. Especially since I was measuring big since the get go.
October 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
That is just so neat...

Ya know, this just shows that babies know what to do. She was post for a reason. Maybe it was easier to navigate that way. Maybe it slowed her down from coming sooner. It may have helped her to pack on some more growth that she would need for survival outside of the womb. Either way, you have to admire her. She knew just what to do! And who are we to say it was wrong. When babies stay a certain way no matter what you have to wonder.

I have only had that happen one other time witha mama...she ended up with a section after laboring to complete. But her baby would not move down. I looked at him and her after and can see why that happened.

Babies tell us what we need to know we just have to listen.

And man girl you had a posterior baby! YOU ROCK SO VERY MUCH! :lo:

October 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Quote:
That is just so neat...

Ya know, this just shows that babies know what to do. She was post for a reason. Maybe it was easier to navigate that way. Maybe it slowed her down from coming sooner. It may have helped her to pack on some more growth that she would need for survival outside of the womb. Either way, you have to admire her. She knew just what to do! And who are we to say it was wrong. When babies stay a certain way no matter what you have to wonder.

I have only had that happen one other time witha mama...she ended up with a section after laboring to complete. But her baby would not move down. I looked at him and her after and can see why that happened.

Babies tell us what we need to know we just have to listen.

And man girl you had a posterior baby! YOU ROCK SO VERY MUCH! :lo:[/b]
Thank you! That makes me feel good! And that is true. I never really considered it, but she probably did know what she was doing all along. And here I was spending hour after hour trying to get her to turn. I am very proud of the fact that I did it naturally, especially with her being posterior. I didn't think it would be a cakewalk, but I also didn't think it would be THAT hard. But you know, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't do it any differently.
October 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Oh my gosh she is YUMMY! *sigh*

October 10th, 2006, 10:15 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on that beautiful baby girl and you for being so powerful and amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search