Jacobs Story 02/25/2004

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was early in the morning on February 24th and i just felt tighting all morning and i had a stress test that day beacuse i was a week late almost my DD was Febrauy 19, 2004 and i had a appointment at 1:30pm i was nervous, i got up and ate and got ready to leave. Me and my mom left to go to the doctors, we got there and they hooked me up to a machine and told me to press a button when i would have a contraction(i really didnt know that one was lol). About a hour later she came back and told me i was having contractions 5 minutes apart, and she had to get a doctor to to check my cervix. She came in and check me and i was only 2cm dialated so they check my fluid ona ultrasound machine, and i was really really low and they told me i had to get to the hospital ASAP! My mom called her work to tell them that she would be comming back for about 4 days cause we were havning a baby(yay). Then we called Micheal( Jacobs dad), he started crying onthe phone when we told him to meet us at the doctors cause its time, he was so scared and happy, he was shaking, lol. When he got there we got on the suttle to the Hospital and it was the longest ride i had ever took, when we got dropped off we went to the 3rd floor, the Labor and Delivery. I got checked in and they gave me Platocin cause i wasnt felling the contractions and they hooked me up to the monitor. I slept for a while about 11pm I woke up and the Midwife came in and she checked me and i still wasnt dialated so she would come back at midnight and brake my water. My mom and Micheal when home to get everything ready for the baby. At midnight the doctor came in and broke my water, it hurt so bad and it was the most weridest felling. After that I called my mom and told he what they did she feeked on the phone and told me she would be back up there in about a half hour. After my water was broken the contractions were stronger and srtonger. So I asked for the pain killer they give u in the IV, it made me sick so I only got it a couple time and it only lasted 10 minutes, so I asked for a epidural. The doctor came in and stuck me in the spine and the werid thing is I could fell it going trough it. After that I got me some sleep and I woke up about 12pm with bad bad pains and the doctor came in and told me the head was right there, so I had my mom call Micheal while I was pushing, I didnt want to push till Micheal got there. Finally he got there and the baby was reay to come out! i pushed for like almost a hour and a half and Jacob came out screaming, while they were weighing him and stuff the doctor stiched me up and took Jacob upstairs to the Maternity Ward. I slept a little bit longer and woke up to a baby crying in my room. I was so afride to touch him i thought I would brake him. When they went to move me up stairs i didnt want ot move I was so sore and they offerd em a ride in the wheele chair but i decided to walk. When I got up there I found out that he was born at 1:24pm, he weighted 8pounds 4.6 ouncesand was 20 1/2 inches! We stated in the hospital for 2 days cause i had a infection from the low fluids and i wanted to go home so bad. I was so releived and pround that i had a baby!
May 25th, 2005, 04:05 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Have lots of snuggle's with your new baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search