Malakai Lee's Birth Story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaddysMom Send a message via Yahoo to MaddysMom
This was the WEIRDEST thing I have ever been through!

Tuesday night(the 21st) the pressure on my abdomen and between my legs had a dramatic increase, it wasn't painful, but was just, uncomfortable. Well, luckily my hubby had decided to take care of Maddy that night (feed her, give her a bath, etc.) so I was on here chatting and posting like crazy. Well I gotoff for about an hour to cuddle with Maddy on the couch before bedtime, and as I went to the bathroom I noticed a slightly heavier discharge than normal. No big deal. I got back on for a little while, chatted with Ashley, then tried to lay down and get some sleep. This was, I'd say, around 10. After 15 minutes of NO comfort, I said screw it, I'm getting back up. I went to the bathroom yet again, and this time noticed that the areas I was feeling the most pressure was turning a bluish tint. By this time David (my hub) was freaking out. But I got back online (I already said i am a total computer freak) and talked to Ashley again. She told me I needed to call my doc, and my hubby was reading what she said and was like "See? See? We have to go now!" I was like go where, it's almost 11 pm!! Plus I had my heart set on a home birth. But finally I said FINE to both Ashley and David (lol) and called my docs 24 hour line. It transferred to his house (yikes) and he said he was 40 minutes away from us, but we could meet halfway at another hospital. He said he though the baby was coming. Uh, I guess he was right! So we grabbed our stuff, and little Maddy out of bed, and dropped her off at a cousin's, and off we went. The hospital was a little over 20 minutes away, and about halfway there my WATER BROKE. I was like "WTH? This is all happening wrong!".....and at this point since I couldn't FEEL anything happening down there, I stuck my hand down there and could feel myself contracting. This is when I started freaking out, I completely felt dumb in my whole abdominal region, and it was if I had meds, but I DIDN'T! So when we got to the hispital they put me in a wheelchair and started wheeling me to the elevator, L&D was on the second floor. The whole wheel chair ride I kept checking for a head, because obviously I wasn't feeling anything, any movement, NOTHING. We were there for 5 minutes or so when the doc got there. i don't know how we beat him there considering we made a stop before even coming to the hospital! I told him my water broke and that I couldn't feel ANYTHING. By this time it is almost midnight...and I am just ready as ever. They hooked me up the the fetal monitor and his heart was fine. Oh I was relieved. The after all that, he just told me to wait it out. I was like HELLO, why can't I feel anything?? And he said I don't know, and left my with the nurse! ARGHHHH this is why I wanted a home birth!! So about 12:30 I decided I wanted to walk around. The nurse told me it wasn't a good idea, just because I couldn't feel anything, but I wanted to speed the process up, ya know? Theytold me I could only leave the room if I was in a wheelchair and with my hub. I agreed, anything to get away from all the medical stuff. I hate hospitals! Every two minutes I would check for anything down there....and we ended up wheeling around for around 30-40 minutes, when I felt his head.....I was like GO BACK, GO BACK...it's coming! We went flying by the nurses station and my husband was screaming it's here, it's here, and the nurses were cracking up....we got back into the room, and the nurse was behind us saying this isn't the delivery room, it was just a room to let her wait it out. At this point my husband screams "S&*^!!" and he turns the wheelchair around screaming well the where is it??? He was rattling the heck out of me! So we followed them to a "real delivery room" and by the time we got there I could feel his face with my hand. I still wasn't feeling ANY pain, just somewhat discomfort. They lifted me out of the chair, and by the time I was on the bed his whole head was out, and the doc wasn't even in there. The nurse was like OMG! It was just all surreal to me because I wasn't in excrutiating pain like from the first one. The doc came in, and began guiding my little guy out, and with just a slight little turn, he was out, and screaming! I never once pushed.....nor did I feel pain, I must stress! This was incredible!The whisked him to the other side of the room, did his first APGAR test, which he got an 8, and all this time I was saying, NO WAY, I thought I was having a girl. It took twenty minutes to deliver the placenta. I felt it a little more than i fel Kai, but still not painful. You'd think I would have felt Kai and not the placenta, but that's just my thoughts.
So with all that WEIRDNESS.....my doc told me that he thinks I could have been in labor all day Tuesday and not even have known it. He is still puzzled as to why I felt nothing (i think he thinks I took my own drugs or something)....but I am just s puzzled. They said maybe I had nerve damage (Uhhh...ok?? From what?) and that's why I wasn't feeling anything. At this point I am relieved....but still kinda wondering how I got so lucky!

Anyway, I wrote all this in a rush, so forgive me for typos and such. If you have any questions PM me, as I may have left stuff out, but like I said I was in a rush.
Here is my little guys first pictures -

<center><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Makenna or Mason on the way!</font>
</center>
September 23rd, 2004, 11:28 AM
I Heart 4x4
That is just bizarre!

Now I can say "remember when you turned blue and I told you to call the doctor??? I was right then and I'm right now!"

I can't believe you felt no pain. Talk about lucky!!!

Malakai is absolutely gorgeous too!
September 23rd, 2004, 11:31 AM
oreokitten
What a great story!!! You could have had a home birth after all! lol So awesome. Welcome to the world little baby!
September 23rd, 2004, 11:44 AM
dawn1979
WoW, thats absolutly amazing... I wonder why you didnt feel any pain??
Well he sure is beautiful!!! Thank-you sooo much for sharing your story..
I love that...
September 23rd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Maggie's Avatar Veteran
What a great story! I think its wonderful you didnt feel any pain!!!!!!! And it seemed like the easiest birth ever!! You lucky girl! Congrats!!!
September 23rd, 2004, 12:20 PM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
That is an Awesome birth story! I am so glad that you didnt feel any pain!! He is a cutie!! Congrats!!
September 23rd, 2004, 12:35 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
That is an very awesome birth story!!!
I cant beelive you didnt feel any pain.
That was how it was when I had jaden. the only real pain/pressure i felt was when his head was coming out.

Im glad there are others that can have an almost painless birth!! Take care and enjoy your new litlte boy..He is beautiful!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

September 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That's an amazing story! Congratulations!!!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

September 23rd, 2004, 01:46 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want my next one to come like that. You must be superwoman feeling no pain!

September 23rd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
What a great birthing story!! Congrats on your ...Hope you are doing great tooo....WTG

September 24th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
WOW!!!! Great story. If only we were all so lucky.
September 24th, 2004, 06:19 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Congratulations on your little one!!! And WOW what a story to tell!! I don't think he'll ever live down he started his arrival into the world!

DD almost the same, expect I was in bed and knew she was coming, but didn't feel anything. Told DH, SHE IS COMING!! LOL He ended up pushing the call button, which got me a young young nurse, who said umm...after looking at my monitor strip and...lets take a look, do you mind helping sir? DH helped and DD's head was poking out!!! LOL The little nurse went nuts and told me not to push as she LEFT the room!!!

I'll have to write Ella's birth story sometime, if I havent...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search