2 birth stories.

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2006, 11:05 PM
purplelady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my first
i went to a friends house for dinner and ate enough for like 2 1/2 ppl...lol.....sat back and went wow where did i just put all that....my friend looked at me and said your gonna have that baby...but my doctor had said that i had another 2-3 weeks.......got home about 9ish.......1am i started to get what i thought was gas pains so i ignored it and by 3am i thought i was conctipated.....so i drank some fiber stuff and tried to use the bathroom......when that didnt work i got frustrated and drank some more......by 4:30 i felt pretty dumb when i went to try again and found my plug....lol.....i ran to my moms room and knocked softly on the door......i have never seen that lady get out of bed as fast as she did that night with a watch in hand even......we went to my room and layed on my bed and timed the contractions from 4:30 to 9....at this point we decided that we had better head to the hospital as it is 30 min away from my house.....we got to the hospital at about 10......and that is when the contractions moved in to my back.....and let me tell ya that didnt feel so hot .......so they put me in the observation room for 20 min.....we figured i was at 3 maybe 4
at the most.....10:20 the nurse came in to check me she was so calm at chit chatty as she put her gloves on
but that all change very quickly when she checked me and looked at me amazed ripped her gloves of said honey you are 7 almost 8 we need to get you in to a room now and ran to get a wheelchair .....i got 2 shots of fentanyl...and that was a big mistake a very big mistake......i was so out of it that i couldnt push very well.....they ended up using the suction to get her out......but at 1:37pm my little baby girl was born.
and that was the birth of tru dominique shawna 5lbs 12oz 20in on may 25th 1999(the first due date my doc gave me)

my second
on 2/14/03 i was very sick with a cough and a high fever and went in to the L&D due to the fever.....they thought i was there for labor and when we told them that it was just about the fever the gave me meds and sent me home....my fever broke at about 5 am and i woke to a wonderful cold sweat.....i fell back asleep and when i woke up at noon with my daughter we laid in bed and played when all of the sudden i got a cramp and was like wow.....3 min later i got another....then my mother walked in just as i was having another.....i looked up at her and said i am gonna go take a bath and if they dont stop we will head for the hospital......i made it as far as the toilet found my plug and walked right back out of the bathroom and said never mind lets go now......then my hubby did the whole movie hubby thing.... ......i go tell him that its time to go to the hospital and he is on the phone and ignores me so i say it again and he tells his friend in an irritated voice that he will call him back that we are going to the hospital......as we get into the kitchen i have a very bad contraction and white knuckle the back of the kitchen chair.....he looks at me and says what wrong with you......so i say in the nicest i am having a contraction voice i can(which im told wasnt as nice as i thought it was) i am having a contraction what part of its time we are going to the hospital didnt you get......i swear he looked at me all wide eyed and said its time oh my god its time....then he picked up the phone and called his friend back and told him its time meet us at the hospital......we got there at about 1pm and i was at 3.......i was having very strong contractions so i asked for an epi.......i couldn't understand why it was so much worse than my first.....they finally gave me my epi when i was at 4 from then on it was easy sailin......my second was born at 8:15 pm sunny-side up.
and that was the birth of rienn kay-lee nicole 6lbs 10oz 20in 2/15/03 she was 2 weeks early.

mom to Tru(12), Rienn (8), Rowan (3) and twin angels: Valhalla grace & Kjartan michael 12-5-10 (due 6/20/11)
NFC west Division champions '04,'05,'06,'07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search