Xavier Reece

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I started to the hospital at 11pm, crying the whole way. I just couldn't believe that my baby was about to be born. Hormones, you know? Wishing Geno was with me, wishing someone was with me - I went in alone. Anyway, I arrived at 11:30p only for them to tell me I had to wait until exactly midnight before they could admit me...uhhh!

I was admitted at midnight and received my first dose of cytotec at 1am (1cm, 50% effaced). No real contractions so they gave me a second dose at 7am(1cm and 50% effaced). I still wasn't having regular contractions so they started my pitocin at 11am(1cm and 50% effaced). My doula was AWESOME! She was massaging my feet for about an hour...HEAVEN!

A journalist from the Cleveland Magazine arrived at about 11:30a and stayed in the room the whole time. They are doing a story about Xavier's birth.

They upped my pitocin about every 30 minutes until it was about 6mg. My contractions started to get very intense (measuring more then 100) and right on top of one another. So they discharged the pitocin at 2pm so that the baby had time to recover between contractions. At 2:30p they told me I could get in the shower and try to relax(at this point I was 3cm and about 90% effaced). I was in the shower for about 5 minutes when the contractions started to come full force. Again, my doula and nurse were awesome...my doula helped me breathe and take my mind off the pain (which actually helped). My md came to check me at 2:45p while I was in the shower but my cervix was still high so she told me to just relax under the hot water. About 5 minutes later I told them I had to sit or do something because the pressure was really bad and I felt I had to push (md checked and I was 4cm and 100% effaced). So they sat me on the birthing ball which I was only able to be on for about 2 contractions. I told them I felt the urge to push at about 3pm. Again my md checked me and I was 5-6cm and 100% effaced. At 3:10 I said that it was time and sure enough I was 10cm! To tell you the truth at this time I WANTED the drugs... I kept telling them I wanted drugs but I knew it was too late. I pushed probably 9 times and on the 7th and 8th I wanted to give up. My md got right in my face and said "Sarah, the next push you will have a baby with a TON of hair"...sure enough I pushed one more time and out popped Xavier's head...He was born at 3:17pm. I must say it was the most exilerating feeling delivering without any drugs. I felt such a relief afterwards.

The fact that this birth was faster then my first son's is amazing. To go from 3cm to 10cm in about 45 minutes!!!!

May 25th, 2005, 05:01 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful time you had! I really enjoyed your birth story and your baby is so yummy! Hugs to you for doing such a great job! It really helps to have supportive doctor's and nurses, not to mention a doula who never leaves your side and is there only for you! I am so proud of you! Have fun with your baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search