Jarrets birth story.........

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2004, 10:57 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
I was thinking since my son Jarret is about to celebrate his 4th birthday I would share his birthstory first. As my other childrens birthdays roll around I will post theirs as well.
This is the the craziest birth I had.

I had problems with pre-term labor at about 32 weeks. I had a crazy fluid leak from about 34 weeks. The best way to describe it as a slow leak.
I woke up one morning with my bed completely soaked! I know I didnt wet the bed, but I never thought for a moment that my water broke. I had a ton of contractions. At my next apt I was about 3cm and 70% efaced. I was tested but not fluid was detected.

He was born on the 9th of oct.
On oct 8th I sat up in bed got up and my DH noticed a big "wet spot" I laughed and called my midwife. and she said if things change come on in after church. I was having timeable contractions all through church and decided we needed to head in.
what up sets me the most is TWO of the three tests they did on me said I was leaking. One test was kinda "IFFY" I think they lied to me. So does my DH. Reason is this. The midwifes I go to HAVE to have a M.D. on call incase of emergency c-section is required. The MD that works with them was out of town. SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO the on call MD said send me home!!! He didnt want to induce me. All I needed was my water broken. When they checked me I was still 3cm and now about 85% efaced. I was having contractions but they were only 5-6 min apart.
so at home I take baths all day long trying to get things going. I had contractions off and on all day. but not getting closer than 4-5 min apart. lasting only 1 1/2 hours.
My DH worked "grave-yard" shift and was about to go to work at 11pm. Then I had another wave of flluid leaking and major contractions. I hop in the tub and THEY STOP!!! that was at about 8pm. I told my midwife I will see you about 3am.
My MIL came over with our other two kids. To drop them off. But she said that she felt she better have the kids for the night. All at once my dh decided to stay home and my kids walk out the door. We watch a few movies and my Dh tries to get some rest at about 1am. I pace the house and finally give up. I lay down about 2:30. I get woken up and I decide to hop in the tub because the contractions start up again. but nothing consistant. I get out of the tub and I notice it is 3am. I fold some laundry since I know I cant sleep hoping that me pacing will finally get my contractions to regulate. Then all of the sudden BAM my contractions hit me. I time them and notice OMG 2 mim apart and lasting at least over a min. that was at 3:25
I rapid pace the house not sure what I should do. I then remember a friend telling me to get a pillow and lay my head on it with my arms folding under my head. and balance on my knees with my rear-end in the air. My legs were kinda spread apart. I felt this weird pressure and I was like hhhhhmmmmm. I kinda react with the pressure and push a little and OMG I felt his head move down!!!! I note the time was 3:35. I COMPLETELY FREAK I jump up and tell my dh what happened so we head in. I have a few contractions on the way. nothing painful.
we get there our midwife is on the way. I planned on my 3 SIL's,MIL to be in the room with me they all are on there way.
We live very close to the hospital and we arrive at 3:45am
The nurse checks me and says oh, sweetie you are barely at 4cm and about 90%efaced, then adds your baby wont be here till 8:30 or later. She leaves the room tthen comes back in to say I can walk. LEaves the room again and I decide to get up and walk it was about 3:55. I grab my dh's waist with my rt arm and grab my leg with my other arm. I am half off the bed in a really strange postion and I tell my dh I GOTTA PUSH!!! HE is like ummmmm no you dont! HE presses the nurse call button about 100 times. the nurse comes in and was all annoyed like......YYYEEESSS??? and my dh is like um she is pushing already. LOL my one leg is still up in the air and she can see his head had already crowned! Let me tell ya she was a hoping then!! I get back into the bed.....as the nurse and my dh argues about how this could be avoided if the blasted on call MD let me get my water broken! There was ONLY one nurse on duty and only ONE nursery nurse on duty!!! The nurse gets really upset with my dh for saying the MD was lazy. LOL.....then I was like HELLO!!! so I decide forget them I am pushing!!!
so at 4 am ONLY 15 min. after we arrive I am holding my son!!
so he calls our family to say they no longer have to hurry.........you missed it! My midwife missed it! HE had called them telling them HURRY!!
what an ordeal!! The nurse couldnt believe I was in the final stage of labor because I wasnt in any pain! And that I could talk and make normal converstaion!
My little guy had the cord wrapped around his neck a little. and he made a comment to the nurse......WHERE DID THE CORD GO??? and the nurse asked do you know how to deliever a baby?? He was a registered first responder so yes he knew how to deliever a baby. So he was able to do the whole thing! IT was just amazing!
So there you have my crazy store! I didnt tear! I didnt hemmorage this time around. It was so close to perfect. It was funny because when we were in the hospital just hours earlier my dh made a comment about how neat it would be if it was just me and him...........LOL, he got his wish alright and then some!
So Jarret made his rapid arrival at 4am.....only 1 hour after I predidcted!
he weighed in at 7#'s 5oz. 19" 13cm head.
I cant believe he is going to be 4 years old.
sorry for such a long detailed story..........I was kinda just reliving it!
:bday:

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
October 2nd, 2004, 11:05 AM
Hey Christy!!!!! I love reading your birth stories, they are always so detailed. Jarret sure made a quick arrival, just like my peanut Riley. He was only 28 mins from first contraction, then water broke then he was in my arms....28 mins! I can't believe Jarret is going to be 4 already...wow does time fly hey! Tyler will be 3 on October 6th.....we should have their parties together...lol

:clapping: I am so glad to see you again!! I havent seen you online much :hug2:
Tyler born October 6th 2001 Almost 3!!!

October 3rd, 2004, 07:22 PM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Thanks Krissy for reading the story!
I have a problem for remembering way to many details!
I miss you!!
I wish we could have the parties together! That would be a blast!
I have no idea what to do for him. We have no friends.......no little buddies for him to party with

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search