Have you watched a birth take place?

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Regina's Avatar Regular
I watched my mum have my 2 youngest sister's. I was 15 when she had Krysta, she asked me to come with her because my dad was in Tasmania and she wanted someone with her. It freaked me out seeing my mum naked, but it was pretty amazing. I also went with her when she had my youngest sister Lilijana, that was 2 months after I had Lexie, and I thought it was such a beautiful thing. She came with me when I had Lexie, and I was with her while she had Krysta and Lili, I think ti made us closer even though we were already close.

<center><p style="background:white;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">Michelle Harper Ramsey</font>
</p></center>

www.schapellecorby.com.au Help Free Schapelle
www.dontshootschapelle.com
March 20th, 2005, 12:04 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As a doula I have seen lots of hospital births. Every birth is amazing. And the mothers are just so strong and powerful! They amaze me everytime. I don't think it is gross at all to see a baby enter this world. I guess I could see how it would to someone who wasn't used to seeing birth. I am a student midwife who will start assisting at homebirths soon so I am a bit biased to the whole beautiful process of childbirth. I could go on and on about birth stories but I will stop here.

March 20th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Jenni's Avatar Super Mommy
I was in the delivery room and cut the cord for both my godson and his brother. It was amazing both times! I would highly recommend the experience to anyone. I don't think it was the same as when Sophia was born! It's different when you are helping and watching the progress.
April 19th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have only seen my own daughter being born. I absolutly loved it! I was comfortable with an epidural and I watched the whole thing with a mirror!!!! I had an amazing birth experience. I can only hope that I can repeat it with #2 maybe in oh, say, 9 months from now! The episeotomy was not so cool to watch but it was done and over in literally seconds so I didnt really have a chance to get grossed out.

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
May 15th, 2005, 07:13 PM
winnowill's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I watched my mom have my youngest sister. It really scared me. Her epidural didn't take effect until the birth was over.
And I watched a woman while I was in nursing school. I held up one of her legs so I got a good view. It was amazing. I was looking at it from more of a medical veiw point. But it was amazing to watch this new life coming into the world.

June 16th, 2005, 05:43 PM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've witnessed a few births and your right it is just the most amazing exhillerating feeling ever. it was neat to see the birth from a different point of view other than being the one doing the pushing. lol.
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

August 29th, 2005, 05:30 PM
ZanderZone05's Avatar Veteran
When i was in high school i shadowed an ob nurse. I got to watch and help with a natural birth, and i also got to watch a c-section. It was awesome! I couldnt wait to have kids! I had my sister in with me, she had 2 c-sections and really wanted to experience a natural. I was glad she could be in there. I didnt get to watch my own, but i wish i had. After my little one gets a little older and i can get back to school, i'm going to go for labor and delivery!
Got engaged December 2004.
We had Zander May 2005.
Then Izzie December 2006.
Tied the knot June 2007.
January 7th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Regular
I have seen 3 babies be born, I feel like a pro. When I was 16 I watched a good friend of mine have her first child. Then I was gonna watch my best friend have her first child but the doc only allowed 2 people in the room so it was her hubby of course and her SIL (she had the camera) even the g-mas weren't in the room. I did however get to see her second child be born . Then I was in the room when my brother-in-law's girlfriend had her baby. I went after being at work all day and she didn't have the baby until about 5am but I figured she needed support (her own family did not show up it was just my MIL, BIL and me). I think it was all amazing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search