Have you watched a birth take place?

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2004, 06:56 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Hello......
who has been "lucky" enough to actually watch a birth take place? How did it make you feel?

I think if you ever get asked to be allowed to be in a delievery room, you should. IT IS JUST AMAZING!!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
October 4th, 2004, 07:02 AM
alyssasmommy2001
No I have never witnessed a birth. I could easily watch one though. As long as it isn't my own, LOL. I FREAKED when they put that mirror on a stand between my legs, I DID NOT want to see that part of my body being ripped and stretched, lol!
October 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
I would watch in a heart beat. I loved it when they put the mirror infront of me. It actually helped me a lot.
October 4th, 2004, 09:19 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
I have tried to post this right after I posted the topic but my pc JUST FREAKED ON ME!! :computer:
so I will try to attempt this post again.

I have never watched my children be born. I guess the thought of looking at myself in front of other people really grossed me out. I do regret not watching......

I was so blessed to be allowed in the labor and delievery room with my bestfriend. OMG, what joy it is to have watched her son being born. It was amazing. I felt so honored holding her hand and leg. I watched a miracle arrive and I cried and cried. I was allowed to cut his cord, because her DH said he would pass out. I cant find the words to describe the emotions that go through your heart to see and hear the first breath take place. The look that passed from my friend and her DH was priceless.
I never cried when my first 3 children were born. But when my #4 was born I cried VERY LOUDLY and was so emotional that I couldnt compose myself very well. I know I cried because of the joy I felt when my friends son was born. I felt with my own son. Not that I didnt feel joy with my other kids but I knew the impact so much stronger.
I was so glad that she was able to make it to my #4's arrival. Infact I have let whom ever in the room with me.
anyhow, it is just amazing to watch a baby be born and if you ever get the chance to be allowed in the room, dont pass it up! You wont regret it.

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
October 4th, 2004, 12:31 PM
x3 MaGs x3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to x3 MaGs x3 Send a message via MSN to x3 MaGs x3
Any chance I could get to witness a birth, I know I would take it!! I love babies, and if I want to deliver them as a profession I can't be scared to watch LOL!!!

I've only seen them on T.V. like on A Baby Story, and shows like that

Favorite Girls Names: Annabelle Irene, Ruby Claire, Charlotte Rose, and Stella Louise.
Favorite Boys Names: Nathaniel Grey, Sebastian Eric, Connor Thomas, and Elijah Robert.

Myspace*Photos
October 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
I saw my last god daughter be born. I have four of them, the third one I missed her like by seconds. Literally I the placenta was still the pan next to the bed. I said to my husband, look at that, and he turned like three shades of green and had to go and have a butt.....(god help us when we get pregnant).

But anyway, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
October 6th, 2004, 01:43 PM
x3 MaGs x3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to x3 MaGs x3 Send a message via MSN to x3 MaGs x3
LMAO that's a funny story jesci!

Favorite Girls Names: Annabelle Irene, Ruby Claire, Charlotte Rose, and Stella Louise.
Favorite Boys Names: Nathaniel Grey, Sebastian Eric, Connor Thomas, and Elijah Robert.

Myspace*Photos
October 7th, 2004, 02:18 PM
crazylady
i was there with my best friend(she and i were due just 5 weeks apart at the time) so i was like almost 8 months preggo then and she always says i was her "advocate"...the ###### nurses wouldnt help her or anything...plus her fiance fell asleep for 8 yes 8 hours!!! i called her that morning around 900 because i knew she ahd a dr appointment...she called me when she got back from the appointment and wanted me to come over there to be with her because she was already 2 cm but he sent her home because he said it could take a while...so i was with her from 1100am on....then her fiance came home around 430pm...thats when we went to the hospital...she didnt have kenya until 800am the next morning and i stayed up THE ENTIRE TIME...i was the only one that stayed up that lobg...i was just so worried for her it was making me a nervous wreck...but here she is with the epi SLEEPING...ugh...lol i just sat by her bed and watched tv...anyway finace was holding one leg and i was holding the other...then the nurse came in and told me to move!!! i guess she had to get something and then SHE took over!! whatever!! i could see if my friend told her too but she didnt...well anyway i really wanted to pass out...i couldnt believe it...i already had been through a birth with my first(and she was there for me too) so i just couldnt believe that i felt REALLY dizzy and light headed...amybe it was because i was alomst due myself and knew that my time was coming!! LOL it was gross though because her water didnt break until she was pushing so ugh it was like coming in and out!! you couldnt even see kenya until it finally busted!! LOL TMI i know...but i am glad i was there for her...it was kinda funny too because in the delivery room it was me , her fiance, and her mom...but her mom was watching TV!!!! she kept on saying "i dont wanna look until shes born"!!!! lol then she woould say "is she born yet?!" lol
October 10th, 2004, 09:04 AM
I Heart 4x4
I've looked at pictures online. I have never seen it live or on tape. My grandmother watched Danny come out and she told me "I swear Ashley, if I had seen that as a young woman I would have never had sex again".

I would love to be in the delivery room with my best friend whenever she finally marries her boyfriend and has a baby!!
October 10th, 2004, 04:03 PM
crazylady
OMG im tellin you IT IS SOOOOOOO DANG GROSS not so much as in videos...but in person...WAAAAAAAY different ...but i was glad i was there....
December 21st, 2004, 02:08 PM
giggles's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to giggles
I watched my little sister Samantha be born when I was 16 years old. She is now 4 years old, it is hard to believe I know. I was forced to go because my parents had found out I was having sex and they wanted to scare me and I got to say I was scared, more for my mom cause she was in pain and I was crying and when she had my sister Summer, I was in there til it was pushing time...I couldnt handle that again.

Alexandria Rae-Lynn Steele
Due Date was Aug 6, 2005
Miscarried: Jan 5, 2005

"my little angel is now with my dear grandmother, I know she is watching her for me, til I can go home to her and meet my baby girl for the first time"
January 7th, 2005, 02:52 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I watched my god daughter Raeya be born. It was really the most emotional thing i have ever experienced. I didn't find it that gross to watch, but all I did was cry for like an hour before she was born and then after she was born while I was holding her. It was hard to see my sister in so much pain too, the epidural didn't work and she wasn't coming out on her own so they were forced to use the vaccuum. Hearing my sister scream in pain was horrible and made me cry harder, but it was still amazing. After she was born one of the nurses asked me if that scared me enough to not want kids and she was so surprised when I told her that it didn't scare me at all! it was just amazing.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

January 10th, 2005, 05:52 AM
supernatural's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to supernatural
I haven't I have only seen it on TV programmes.
I would love to experience it though!

Host to Close Pregnancies and Potty Training.
January 13th, 2005, 07:34 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Me! My best friend at the time was pregnant with her first. I had had three miscarriages and did not have any children of my own. It was the most special thing I have ever seen. I cried. It was absolutely beautiful and it meant a lot to me that she let me be there. I think she knew how much I wanted a baby and I was so happy for her and just happy that I got to be a part of it. It was something I will never forget.

January 14th, 2005, 06:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
No, I really wish I had, but I haven't seen a birth myself.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
February 3rd, 2005, 09:37 PM
tattooedmommyof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
I begged the nurses to steal the only mirror in the hospital i was in just to let me watch. I loved it it was the most beautiful think ever. until i started loosing a lot of blood and part of the placenta was left inside of me. i was like move the mirror and started screaming and crying.

My first goal.
February 5th, 2005, 01:35 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I am a doula, so I have been to births.

February 19th, 2005, 07:02 AM
meandmy5girls's Avatar Super Mommy
I saw all of mine, which is a miracle given the speed of all my labors and deliveries. The hospitals I delivered in always had the mirror right there for immediate use. My water never broke either until delivery, so it was interesting to see the water bag intact then rupture at the last second when DDs came flying out!

Samreen - 10
Mariam - 8
Raabia - 6
Aminah - 4
Yasmeen - 2...and...
Emaan, born 8/10/08; 7 lbs., 11 oz., 19.5 in...born in my Sienna!
</span>

February 20th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have never watched someone else give birth (other than on tv). I had my friend with me with my third, she had all c-sections and really wanted to be there for a natural birth, and it was great having her there. (she missed the 4th because I was in a hospital 2 hours away).

I had the mirror up with my first and second, with my first it pissed me off, because I would see part of the head and then I would see it disappear again. With the second it was really fast so then it was okay.
February 20th, 2005, 08:32 PM
KamsMom2Be's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to KamsMom2Be Send a message via MSN to KamsMom2Be Send a message via Yahoo to KamsMom2Be
I actucally got to watch my cousin have her little boy.. It kind of grossed me out lol but overall it was amazing though..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search