Miss Lindsay Anne

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2006, 03:18 AM
EHRisser's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though I was scheudled for an induction on Thursday, 12/21, Lindsay decided to get the process going early! I started with lots of irregular contractions late Tuesday night and by about 10:00 p.m. Wednesday they were coming ever 4 or 5 minutes. After talking to the dr. we went into L&D and found that I was STILL only dilated only 2 cm?!? I seriously thought it would have been more since I was walking at a 2 for like, a month! They started me on a Pitocin drip by 2 a.m. to try to soften me up dilate me a little more. By 4 a.m. the pain was too much and I asked for meds, so the epidural guy came in. It hurt like hell getting that thing in…they only use local anesthesia at my hospital to put it in and man, I've never felt such intense pressure and pain! Once it was done I asked him to marry me – yes, I felt that good!

Around 5:50 a.m. my water broke – what a weird feeling on an epidural! I felt a warm gush, but couldn't really tell if I peed myself or if it was my water…haha. The doctor came in then around 8 a.m. to check me and I was 3 or 4 cm – WHAT?! After strong contractions since Tuesday night AND a Pitocin drip I thought I'd be so much further! So, it was just back to hanging out and trying to sleep. By 11 a.m. I was at 5 cm and going insane. My in-laws arrived at that point and hung out with us until about noon when they took DH down to the caf to get lunch. Well that's all Lindsay needed to get moving! As soon as she left, she dropped 2 stations and I was dilated to an 8. I was definitely feeling some strong pressure, although the epidural was working fine, and beginning to hyperventilate through contractions, so they put an oxygen mask around me.

DH walked in around 12:30 and was starting to freak out about what was going on. I just smiled and said, yep, she'll be here in about an hour! Needless to say, by 1 p.m. I was fully dilated and effaced and she was coming out. The doctor came in quickly afterwards with a floor length mirror and told me to watch myself push. I was a little freaked out about the prospect, but gave it a try and actually enjoyed watching the process. It was definitely a HUGE motivator! And to watch that miracle happen firsthand as it is going on…wow…I can't describe it. After about 5 series of pushes, Lindsay's head came out and her shoulders quickly followed. Once her top half was out the doctor had me put my hands under her arms and let me pull her out the rest of the way. That, too, was amazing! She cried a little bit, but I think her daddy and I were crying harder

She scored 9s on both Apgar tests and latched on almost immediately. She weighed in at 8 lbs. and measured 20 inches long. Since being at home we had one really rough night (the first night here), but that was because my milk wasn't in and she was starving! Last night she slept perfectly (in her swing – the only place she'll sleep?!?) and woke up twice for feedings. DH and I are so enamored by her and couldn't possibly love anything else this much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search