kirss's story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Kirss1's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh wow what an experience! I hope next time is better!

I was 1 week over due when I was begging my dr to induce me.....he wanted another week. (my dr is one sick man...he like/believes the woman should work for her baby.) Anyways, I ended up in ER because my baby wasn't moving anymore, and by my charts we got pg two weeks piror to what dr thought. Which by my records is three weeks overdue. The dr in ER ordered my dr to induce. So monday we went in and got the strip, sent home. Tuesday we went in and got the Gel. Sent home. Wednesday they were too busy for me, and sent me home. Thursday they gave me the gel for a second time. Friday morning (3am) labor was started. Full labor....ontop of one another labor...there was no resting...it was like waking up to someone standing on my chest. Constant...no relief. We go to the hospital and get put into the daddy room they have because they is too busy. I labor in there for an hour until they move me to a room. The pain was so intense I could hardly stand it...they checked me when I got there. I asked for the epi at 8am. It stopped my labor. They set me up with poci. A drip. And I didn't see or hear from anyone until after lunch. They came in asked how I was, and left again. (I was feeling no pain...wasn't complaining) Around 5 my dr came and checked me, and mumbled something about not being ready, and left. At 8pm he came back to check and mumbled I was ready to push. However, my nurse was on a break and I needed to wait if I could. 8:30, they took me to the pushing room.....where my dr told me...k when you feel pain push. And left me with two gossipy young nurse's aids on the other side of the room. I was just laying there like the cow I by this time felt like. They looked at eachother when they realized I wasn't pushing. (I wasn't contracting) I was very tired from the whole going back and forth for a week. When dr came in he sat down, and I pushed even though I didn't have any contractions. 1/2 hour of pushing, and near the end when the head was coming, I lost it....no one was talking to me, DH was beside himself. I needed to hear that everything was alright. I started to cry, and give up and the next thing i know, the forecepts are forced in making me scream in agony. (Dr. didn't say a dam word) and when I stopped in shock to what happened he mumbled...:"Well, I am not going to pull this baby out of you" and I pushed him the rest of the way out. After he was out the pedi rushed in saying something about baby having a fever of 103.9, and he needed to be taken to the nursery, they almost made it out of the room when DH said..."um do you think mom can see her baby before you take it??" I got a quick glance, and they took him away. I didn't hear him cry, I heard teh afterbirth hit the floor in a garbage bag. I guess I had an infection from waiting so long. (No one can tellme when I got to 10 because they didn't check me.) I was on drugs and baby too for the next 3 days. After the birth, they took me back to my room. I started to have the feeling like I was in labor again, and called for a nurse. The nurse who attached my meds to my drip didn't turn on the right pump, and started the patcium again...I tell you I was soooo glad when it was all over. Aug 9/2003

I am ttc#2 and changed dr!!!! And I will be getting a midwife!!!
March 7th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Melissa02909's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa02909 Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa02909
OMG. I am so sorry you had such an awful experience! I am so sorry you were so overdue and your doctor didn't seem to care...I am sorry.

Melissa

March 10th, 2007, 01:47 PM
paulandashia's Avatar Member
Ooohh... Sweetie! I am so sorry that all happened to you!
With those people's behaviors, you'd think they were raised ina VILLAGE..!!!
What a bunch of MONSTERS!!!

And I thought MINE was hard..!!! Sheesh!!!
(((((((((((((( HUGGS ))))))))))))))))

Just do what I do, and think of the end result. There is nothing else you really Can do...
Next time talk to your friends, and find a GOOD doctor, one who delivers their own patients and is NOT in a call-group, so you don't have a stranger delivering your baby (that was one of my issues).
It took me 3 months to find my Doc the second time around.
I was calling EVERYONE in the phone-book and off the internet, but I was SOOOOOOOOOO grateful I did..!!!!

March 26th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Super Mommy
Wow. What a terrible experience!! I'm so sorry! Good luck with #2!!

July 9th, 2007, 02:09 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Wow, that baby really did not want to come out of you!

January 29th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Century Darkthorne's Avatar Angel Of Darkness
oh wow. I hope my doctor isn't horrible when I have one. I will make sure of it!

No I am not a Satanist. The 666 was a joke between me and a few friends of mine and it kind of stuck. So don't let it put you off from checking out my myspace or adding me. I don't bite.

February 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds absoultely terrible! I've heard stories like this about hospitals not being caring at all, but that was WAY out of hand. They were terrible to you. I'm so glad I'm going with a midwife. I hope to have a good labor, and I know my midwife won't treat me like that, no matter what happens!

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search