Lily Grace's Birth Story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I know this isn't story isn't brand new... but I'm new to the board, so I thought I'd share.

I had a very uneventful pregnancy, for which I am very grateful. At about midnight on 7/8/04 I woke up thinking I had to pee. But the water kept coming, so I assumed my water had broken. This being my first baby and me not knowing if it was my water or not, I called my doctor. She had me come into the hospital to check the fluid. My dh and I got to the hospital around 1am. My water had broken and when the doctor checked me I was 4 cm and 70% effaced. Depsite me not having any contractions, they decided to keep me. Unfortunately the baby bus must have turned up at the hosptial that night, and all the rooms were filled. Therefore my dh and I were in triage for 9 hours. I was having NO contractions what so ever. We walked the halls for a long long time. Around 10am we finally got into our own room and the nurse said they would be starting pitocin soon to start my labor. I had thought previously that I wanted an all natural birth and was hesitant to have pitocin. But after being at the hosptial for so long, I was ready to meet our daughter. At 2:30pm I was still 4cm dialated and 70% effaced, so they started the pitocin. Within one minute of the pitocin, I was having 90 second contractions every 45 seconds...... After 2 hours of this, I requested an epi. Once I had the epi, my doctor checked me about an hour later and said I was ready to push. Unfortunately with the epi I had a lot of difficulty figuring out how to push, so they turned off the epi. I pushed for about 2 hours and finally Lily was born. The cord was wrapped around her neck and my husband wasn't able to cut the cord. I think deep down he was relieved he didn't have to cut it.
Lily Grace weighed in at 6lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long.

-Christine

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 16th, 2004, 10:26 AM
zonapellucida
Welcome to JM--I LOVE her name! Thank you for sharing her birth with us
October 17th, 2004, 01:37 PM
I Heart 4x4
Welcome and congrats!! I love the name, too!
November 3rd, 2004, 09:17 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Hello and welcome to JM!!
I am glad you shared your story! I loved reading it.
Sounds like she was just a tiny little peanut! HOw big is she now?

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
November 3rd, 2004, 03:28 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
She's HUGE now.... we go next tuesday for her four month checkup and then i'll know exactly how big she is. At her 2 month checkup she was 12 lbs 11 oz..... I bet she's close to 15lbs now though.... its really amazing how fast they get so big

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle@Nov 3 2004, 06:28 PM
She's HUGE now.... we go next tuesday for her four month checkup and then i'll know exactly how big she is.* At her 2 month checkup she was 12 lbs 11 oz..... I bet she's close to 15lbs now though.... its really amazing how fast they get so big
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Wow, my one year old is only....17 1/2 punds!! He is such a little guy!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search