Kelley B's story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Ok, I had a great pregnancy, problem free until about 28 weeks. That was the first time I had to go to L&D. DH was doing Qual at the Rifle Range, so I went with a friend. I was having contractions every few minutes, so they gave me a shot, some antacid, and sent me home. Then at 31 weeks, I was having them again. I went in after work, and was admitted that night. I was still having contractions, and was 3 cm dialated. They put me on Mag, and rolled me into a room. They also gave me the shots to help mature his lungs incase he did come early. I couldn't get up, walk around, pee on my own, nothing! lol. After a week, I stopped having contractions and wasn't dialating any more, so they said I could go home, as long as I stayed on bedrest. No biggie, I thought, I can lay on my butt and watch tv all day... My husband, Sean even hooked up our computer on the coffee table for me!!! My bedrest at home was shortlived. The day after they sent me home, my water broke at 630 pm. Needlessto say, I was back in the L&D that night. They checked my fluid level and decided that they shouldn't stop it. Now, the funny part was, I wasn't having contractions! They waited until the next afternoon, then started me on petocin at 3:30 in teh afternoon. They gave me a "pain med" ( ) in my IV, but I decided I could wait for my epi. Well, by the time I was ready for the epi, Kelley was coming! I pushed for 20 minutes, and he was born at 6:20 pm, October 29, 2005. He was 4 pounds 6.9 ounces, and 17 1/2 inches long.

After he was born, he and DH dissappeared to the NICU. I didn't get to hold him for about a week. That was sooo hard. Dh came back, and I was okay. Kelley B ended up staying at the hospital for a month. We came and visited him every day. He didn't have any major problems, but a few close calls. They told us at one point that one section of his brain was bigger than the rest and that it could be an issue. When they rescanned him, though, a few weeks later, they said it was normal. So, while he was in the NICU we had to rush and get his room ready. We didn't have his crib put together yet or his room put together at that! We had a very close friend of ours come out to be with us while he was in the hospital, so that helped. I don't think I'll ever forget the day we got to take him home. The feeling of really being a mom hit me right then. He has been a wonderful baby. He hasn't had any setbacks yet, and I am sooo proud of him. He started walking at 18 months, says a few words, responds when you talk to him, he is great! lol

Sorry that was sooo long. I start to ramble after a while!
August 19th, 2007, 02:10 AM
rikkilee8's Avatar Veteran
What a cutie...Glad everything worked out good

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search