Brielle's birth story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2004, 12:47 PM
oreokitten
Here is her birth story: I was having contractions all morning, but nothing unusual. I usually have them at night though so I called the doctor and she said to come in. I really thought that they would send me home and I would just get dissappointed. Well, when I got there about 3:00 they said I was 1 centimeter and 50% effaced but when I had a contraction the baby's head comes down hard so they were going to keep me until I had the baby! YEA! I was 39 weeks. They said if there was nothing by the next morning they would talk about induction. I really was against this but I wanted the baby out. She let me walk around a little to get things going. By 4:00 they started to actually feel crampy so she checked me again. I was 2 and 60%. Slow progress but progress. She kept telling me to take a shower and that might help to move things along. I started to get uncomfortable and said I would take a shower now. She wanted to check me before I got in. I was 3-4, 70%. While she was checking me my water broke. This was 8:00. Things got really intense after that. I stayed in the shower for a little bit but laboring on the toilet felt better. I decided that I could not take the pain anymore. Looking back I do feel good about my decision. I knew I didn't want to be drugged up so I went straight for the epidural. The guy arrived at about 9:20. He put it in and it never hurt! The only thing I felt was him washing my back. It started working at about 9:45. I was 5 centimeters and 100%. Brian decided to go get some coffee. I thought that he was getting some in the hospital, but he left and went to the store. I was feeling a lot of pressure and when she checked me at 10:10 I was 7centimeters. They wheeled me into another room so all their patients would be on one side of the ward. I was in there about 5 minutes and I felt the baby slide down the birth canal. It felt so cool. The nurse paged the doctor and they got ready real quick. Brian still wasn't back!! The doctor came in and I started to push at 10:43. I could feel her coming out and it was the coolest feeling! She was born at 10:44. No epi, no tearing! She was 7lbs 7oz, 19 inches long. Brian walked in about 5 minutes later wondering what the heck was going on.
June 14th, 2004, 05:36 PM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
I am sorry that Brian missed her delivery. I still feel bad for you! That was a great birth story! I only hope that mine goes as smooth!!

Tasha
June 17th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Regular
What a story! Too bad he missed it Hopefully that won't happen again or you tell him to get the hospital coffee!lol.
June 18th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
What a great story...Congrats

June 22nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Tali's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Tali
what a cute story. too bad Brian missed her birth. i hope this birth is as smooth as yours, and my others!

Dillon ~ Katelyn ~ Caleb ~ Chloe ~ Madesyn ~ EDD-11/25/04 (Lara or Theo)
Married to Mark

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search