When should I announce my pregnancy?

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Regular
I am around 7 weeks pregnant and I have already had an early scan, and everything appears to be progressing normally.

I have been told by many people not to tell anyone until 3 months. I'm finding this difficult as I want to share the news with close family and friends. Not only because I'm excited, but because it is an unplanned pregancy and there are many changes I need to make that I would like to talk to friends and family about.

Keeping it to myself is making me feel a bit lonely and I think some people have noticed changes in me and are wondering what is going on!

Any advice on when you told people/think it is best to tell people would be really helpful.
December 10th, 2004, 03:08 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell them whenever you want to. I told mine around 7 weeks. There is no "rule" anymore about waiting til the end of the first tri.

Welcome to JM by the way.

December 10th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah. you can do what you want. alot of people just say 3 months because that is when you are in your second trimester and the risk of miscarriage goes down considerably. they want to make sure everything is okay first.

December 10th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is 100% your call- if you want to spill the beans now- go ahead- I told everyone but my work- I just told them!

welcome to JM

December 11th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Regular
Thanks guys, I appreciate that and the welcoming notes!
December 12th, 2004, 09:31 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
First of all Welcome to JM!
Congrats on the pregnancy!

The way I look at it is if you need the suport now then tell everybody. Even with my M/C history I told anyone as soon as I found out. I figured I needed to share in the joyful part even if it turned out to be bad news later.

I wish you luck during your pregnancy! Keep us updated how and when you make the announcement!

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search