27 Hour Labor 10 Minute Delivery

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose & Lulu <3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
On Sunday night, I started to feel really crampy. DH was still at work so I sat around and waited for him to get home. About 730 I realized that these cramps were becoming really regular and DH said we should time them. We went to In N Out and got food. Having contractions in a public bathroom SUCKS! By 930pm they were every 6 minutes and we decided to go to the hospital. We got to Labor and Delivery and was hooked up to the monitors. By 1015pm they were so strong I was almost in tears. The baby was doing fine and I was only dilated to 3-4cm. At 1230am the triage nurse sent me home. I was upset because I had been sent home before but I knew this was different. At 230am, I went back to the hospital but again I was still only 4cm. The nurse had DH and I walk for an hour to see if I was progressing but no change. The contractions were still 6 minutes apart and by this point were borderline unbearable. I begged the nurse to give me a pain med shot but she couldn't. They sent me home again at 530am. I went home but the pain was so bad I couldn't stand it. My poor husband didn't know what to do. I don't think he has ever seen me so vulnerable. At 730am my MIL came over. She was a ROCKSTAR! She sat with me ALL day and listened to me scream like a banshee every 5 minutes. I tried laying down, sitting up, standing up, walking, the bathtub, crouched on all fours. Nothing helped. My MIL said that even when I would dose off between contractions I was wimpering "Please help me" over and over. At 230pm, we decided we should try the hospital again. The minute I was admitted to Triage I told the nurse I needed something for pain, screw the monitors, the intake form and the cervical exam. She said she couldn't until all the other stuff was completed. She checked the baby, and did the cervical...low and behold I was 7-8 cm. They admitted me and ordered my epidural. I was so dehydrated that they had to stick me 5 times before they could get the IV in. Once I got my epidural I was good to go. Laughing, talking, joking around. We watched Blades of Glory and my FIL got to the hospital. About 8pm, the nurse said the epi was slowing down my contractions and I was getting no urge to push beside being 9 1/2 cm. They gave me pitocin and turned down my epi by half. That did the trick. Right as my best friend got there, I started getting pushing urges. The nurses said that I could start pushing if I wanted and that it could take up to 2 hours. With one push, the nurse said "Stop. I see hair. You can't push anymore. GET THE DOCTOR." The doctor was barely tied in his gown when I got the huge urge to push, I told the nurse that I needed to push and in two 10 second pushes, at 1016pm on October 1st, Jacob was born. I could hear Jacob crying and DH was kissing my head and telling me how good I did. The doctor said that that was the quickest delivery in his career. He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and is 20 3/4 inches long. He has blond hair and grey eyes. We hope they turn blue like DH's. I didn't tear or need an episiotomy. So after 27 hours, my perfect little miracle made his way into the world. He has been so good. He sleeps like a champ, doesn't care about light or noise. He is BFing like a dream but I am having a REALLY hard time because it is excruciating on my breasts. I keep looking at him and wondering how he was ever inside my belly.

My labor was excruciating (back labor, Pitocin, and I have terrible Arthritis - I could only feel contractions in my hips and thighs, it felt like someone was filleting the meat from the bone with a rusty knife) but in retrospect was worth every second.

I still can't believe I am a mommy.

New Siggy After Ultrasound

October 5th, 2007, 06:50 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been waiting for your birth story! You did awesome!!!!

So glad to hear the little one is doing good & BFing like a champ. Does the pain subside once hes latched on for a few mins? If not, see a LC asap - sometimes their latch is a little whacky at first, and with a little coaching can be easily corrected & itll ease the pain. But if its subsiding as he eats, then it may just be the discomfort from adjusting to having something rub & suck on your nipples 24/7! lol

Congrats Mama!!! Way to go!!!!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Congratulations!!!!

October 8th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
~*CONGRATULATIONS*~

Mama to -
DD15, DD14, DD12, DS10, DS5, DD2

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic