Lyndsey Catherine "Moo's" Birth Story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2005, 03:25 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Lyndsey Catherine Moo’s Birth story

(Kind of long, if you want the short version skip to the bottom to My Unplanned Vbac)

Labor starts: I had been having contractions throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday but they were never more than four an hour. I started thinking labor might be starting soon. Sunday afternoon around 3:30 I went to the bathroom and I thought I lost my plug. I wiped and had mucous and brown blood. I went to the bathroom a couple times after that and passed more brown blood and mucous, enough for me to know that I was probably in labor. So I call my doctor’s office (twice) and then head up to L&D.

First trip to L&D: I go up to L&D. When I get there the nurse checks my cervix and I am 3 cm 70 percent effaced. I was having cx about ten minutes apart when I arrived and they picked up to about three to five minutes apart. At this point, I am assuming the doctor will schedule my csection for that night. I am almost 37 weeks and my csection was scheduled for Friday so I had no reason to think baby moo wouldn't be arriving on Sunday. The nurse calls my doctor and he decides to stop my labor. They kept me there for five or six hours and gave me two shots of terbutaline to stop my labor. They finally call my doctor again and he comes up and checks me, proceeds to tell me I am not in labor and sends me home. Doctor and I had a major confrontation and I tell him and the nurse to take the IV out and I go home to see what will happen next.

Labor starts again: I don’t get much sleep Sunday night with all the anxiety. I tell dh not to go to work on Monday because I am concerned my labor will start up again. On Monday morning about eight am I start having contractions again. I start having them about ten minutes apart. Then some of them are fifteen minutes or twenty minutes apart. This goes on throughout the day. Every time I think they are picking up they fizzle out again. My sister comes over around noon and spends the day with me. Around four pm we decide to take a drive for some icecream to get my mind off of things. In the car I have a few contractions eight minutes apart and think, hmm maybe this is it. Then another one ten minutes apart, and then another one that doesn’t come for what seems like forever. So I think well, then again maybe not. At this point Teresa is thinking about going home because this just might not happen today.

My water breaks: Just when I think nothing is going to happen I have a contraction and I feel this big “pop”. And I announce to everyone “I just felt this big pop”. I think it might be my water breaking but I didn’t feel any wetness right away. I go to the bathroom. I wash my hands first and then just kind of feel down there to see if I feel anything wet. Well my hand was really wet but at first I think its because I forgot to dry my hands. So I dry my hands off and feel again and sure enough I am wet. The next thing you know. I am gushing water and no question about it, my water has broken. I kind of play it off to my husband because I don’t want him to make me rush up to the hospital for them to try to stop my labor again.

Contractions and trip to the hospital: Teresa and I decide to time a few contractions before I go to the hospital. Well within a few minutes of my water breaking the contractions start coming two to three minutes apart and HARD labor starts! I only timed a handful of them. Maybe ten or fifteen minutes at the longest. At this point I am getting in tears and tell Teresa and dh I need to go to the hospital. We call the doctor and head to the van. Teresa asks me twice are you sure you are going to be able to make it to the hospital and I am thinking yes, I will be fine.

My unplanned natural VBAC: I get to the hospital and tell dh he had better not try to make me walk from the parking lot. He pulls me to the door and I walk in and tell them I am in labor. They get me a wheel chair and take me and dh up to L&D. I get there and I am contracting so quickly I need the nurse to help me undress. They check to see that my water has broken (I was soaked, but I guess they still have to check). Then they check my cervix. I am five cm and 90 percent effaced. The nurse calls the doctor and tells her she needs to head up right away. I ask the nurse for something for pain and she tells me I can not have anything since I am going to have a csection. I am VERY ANNOYED with them. I keep having contractions and KEEP ASKING FOR PAIN MEDS. They keep telling me they are working on it. I knew in my head they weren’t going to give me anything and I was getting upset about it. The nurse keeps telling me to breath through the contractions and is starting to piss me off. (Not her fault, she just happened to be on the receiving end of my emotions). I tell the nurse I feel something down there and cry to her to please check. Keep in mind she just checked maybe fifteen to twenty minutes earlier. She checks and tells the nurse “uh I don’t feel any cervix, go call her doctor ASAP, I don’t know if we will be having a csection”. The other nurse calls the doctor again but she is on her way. The nurse that was checking my cervix kept her hand inside me the whole time trying to keep the baby’s head from coming out and trying to encourage me not to push. I am getting very upset because I am complete and not sure if they are going to make me have a csection still. I did not want to have a csection after going through all this. I am still asking for pain meds even when I am complete.

The doctor finally arrives and she tells me that we are going to have a vbac. They try to get me to sign something consenting to a vbac but I couldn’t sign it in the middle of contractions. The next thing you know they are asking me to push. I push through three contractions and she is out. I screamed so loud when she came out. But after it was all done I felt incredible. I still can’t believe I did it!!!!! As annoyed as I was with everyone and everything I am really happy it worked out this way. I had always wanted to have natural childbirth but always got so scared. I was only at the hospital for thirty five minutes. If I had have stayed home any longer she would have been born at home or in the car.

Lyndsey Catherine “Moo” was born on September 26, 2005 at 6:40pm
She weighed five pounds five oz and was 18 ľ inches long.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 28th, 2005, 07:17 PM
marie2001
OMG, Patty. I am so happy for you I want to cry!!!! It sounds like a beautiful delivery despite all of the tough times!!

Congrats to you and your family!!!!

September 28th, 2005, 07:29 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Congrats Patty! I am glad you got your VBAC! Too bad about the drugs though You are strong woman!

September 28th, 2005, 07:42 PM
MinnesotaMommy
I just love reading brith stories!!!! Congrats girl!!!
September 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Patty, What a birth story! Congratulations!

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
September 29th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Melissa_A's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa_A
Congratulations!! Welcome to the world baby girl!
September 29th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Yea Patty and congrats to you and your family....welocome to this crazy world Lyndsey....I feel like it was just the other day that we heard you were pregnant!

Best of Luck and enjoy your newest moo girl!

September 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
What a wonderful birth!!! Congrats!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WoW!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

How exciting to have been able to have a VBAC!!
September 29th, 2005, 01:21 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH Patty what a beautiful birth story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy that you had a natural VBAC (isn't it amazing how quickly you recover???). I"m so thankful that you have your sweet little blessing in your arms! Congratulations!

P.S. Having a baby in a van isn't too bad

</div>
September 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Oh Patty, that is an amazing "birth story" indeed! I am glad you got you VBAC like you wanted but sheesh no meds that almost sounds unfair! LOL

-Dori
October 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Curlz MT">WOW....CONRATULATIONS </span>

October 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your all natural VBAC!!!!!
October 10th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
OH congrats! She is beautiful too!!!
October 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Congrats to your VBAC!! What a wonderful birth story!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

September 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
tyggrlili25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to tyggrlili25 Send a message via Yahoo to tyggrlili25
Aww Patty that is a beautiful story!! Thanks for shareing it with us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search