Christopher Brent's Birth Story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2004, 06:43 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christopher Brent entered this world at 12:19 on September 4, 2003. Looking back it is amazing how fast everything went!

On September 3rd, 2003 I thought I started feeling contractions but this being my first baby was not sure at about 2:00PM. So I just timed them. Didn't freak out. Gary wasn't due to come home for about an hour. So he gets home and I told him I don't know but I am feeling strange and having these weird pains. So we just kept timing them. Sometimes they were 15 minutes apart. Sometimes they were 5 minutes apart. Then the would go to 30 minutes and back to 15 minutes apart. I even tried to go to sleep thinking that this must not be it. Finally at 11:30 I decided OK, this is just uncomfortable. So DH and I get ready and head of to MIL to drop off our doggy Shyla (who needs a baby-sitter at all times). MIL said if this is labor I am coming and someone else has to watch Shyla. I also called mom and told her we were going to go but not to worry because I didn't know if it was the real thing and I would call her.

We get to the hospital about 12:20 or so. They put me in a room. Check me. I am at 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. They were going to let me know if they were going to actually admit me so that I could call me mom well they never actually told me that I was staying so I didn't call my mom or DH mom. Finally my moms calls the hospital and they told her that I wasn't going anywhere! She gets transferred to my room and tells me "Nicki, you aren't going anywhere this is the real thing. I am coming." It was only 5:00AM I told her to rest and come a little later. So she tries but it didn't work. She was at the hospital by 6:00AM.

Around 6:00AM they checked me again and I was 6 cm and 90% effaced. Things are going smoothly. We called my sister to let her know my progress and tell her to come. She lives about 2 and 1/2 hours away. Since my water still hadn't broke the Dr. said I had plenty of time for her to get here.

At 8:30 I was still at 6 cm and 90%. The Dr. wanted to speed things up a bit. So she broke my water! I was like no my sister isn't here she just left her house!!!

DH mom and sister arrive and now just waiting for my sister. I wanted her to be there for the birth of Christopher! We had planned she would be from the beginning. My sister was there by 10:30 when my pain was at my worst. All this time I hadn't had anything for the pain. Up until my water being broke I thought labor was a piece of cake! Boy, was I wrong! So I was begging for something!!! I was already dilated to 9 and 100% effaced so they said that I really didn't need anything that he would be out so soon!!! But I begged and begged and I got a 2 hour epidural. Well, it was suppose to be a two hour epidural. It was only a shot not an IV. By 11:30 it was completely gone and I felt everything! All that pain was back!!! I was able to start pushing and so I pushed and I push and I pushed! I told them that I couldn't do it anymore it was too hard I was a big baby and out he came at 12:19PM!

Christopher Brent weighed in at 7 pounds 8 ounces and 19 inches long!

the strange thing is that they didn't hand him right to me. They thought that he had swallowed his poop and they were checking his breathing. So they were going to walk him out of the room and I had to say can i please see him! So they gave him to me and Oh My was it Love at first sight!

Right after I had him they asked if I wanted anything since I missed both breakfast and lunch and I could have anything. All I wanted was a nice big fat P&J sandwich! It was the best P&J I ever had!
December 28th, 2004, 10:16 AM
TheGeneralsGal
Thanks for sharing! I was hungry after having both kids also
December 30th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I Heart 4x4
Thanks for sharing!

I made Randy go to BK and get me a whopper meal. I was starving, too!!!
January 2nd, 2005, 07:03 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
omg, now i'm even more scared about giving birth, and i'm still 6months away. I thought you were going to say that the pain wasnt' all that bad, but then you said.. BOY was I WRONG!!.. eeeeeeeeeeek!! I dont know how i'm going to do it.

thank you for sharing your stories with us, i'm glad everything turned out okay for you and your baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search