ANY natural births????

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
zonapellucida
Please share
June 28th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Texas Mom
Yes, but not by choice! Not sure what you wanted to know.....but....

With both kiddos they just came too fast and there was no time to get anything. The fact of the matter is I have zero tolerance for pain. I'm a complete wuss. I'm alive and kicking so apparently (and contrary to what I thought prior to childbirth) you can live through it. LOL!!! I think whether you get pain medication or not is a very personal choice and you should do what you think you can do/capable of handling, not what everyone else tells you you should do.

The hardest part, no doubt is the last stage. For me, both times I could tell you when I hit a 5...I had to concentrate a lot more on my breathing, a focal point and tuning everything out around me. By the time I hit a seven, I'm not gonna lie....extremely intense and I have stopped all communicating. At that point I'm really worried if I try to talk, that I'll loose concentration, might cry or get hysterical. The first time was actually easier than the second....my second was so different...so much bigger and longer. And after I hit seven....it comes so fast I'm not in the high level of pain stage for long at all.

When dealing with the afterbirth, placenta, stiches (if you get them) I did not even feel it. I was in a complete state of euphoria...1. that you did it, 2. there is this incredible being that you made, 3. the baby is okay and 4. the adrenaline I think is your pain meds! LOL!
June 28th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Faith's Avatar Super Mommy
All four of my children were natural births.

Brendan - I was in labor for about 8 hours, and then they broke my water. I went from 3 cm to dilated about an hour after that, had terrible back labor (that SUCKS, it doesn't stop) but I refused pain meds. I pushed for 45 minutes, and he was born. I'd had a lot of "miserabilities" when pg and I felt wonderful as soon as he was out, it was weird! One tiny tear and an episiotomy that I did not want him to do and took 5 years to stop hurting.

Betsy - my water leaked the night before but sealed itself (the litmus test the did didn't show amniotic fluid) - woke up the next morning and had lost my mucous plug and was leaking everytime I moved - got a contraction every time I moved, too. We went to the hospital at 8:00, was checked in by 9, moved to a LDR at 9:15, my water gushed everywhere, and I dilated from 4 to 10 in 10 minutes ... I had to pant through 2 contractions, then they let me push ... she was out in 1.5 pushes (didn't have to finish the second one cause she was out, lol) at 9:41. It was INSANE. No tears, despite that very fast delivery.

Andrew - my water broke (just a little leak) in the morning. We went to the hospital; I had pansy contractions starting about 2 hours after ... my water broke for real around noon, and they got bad ... I got stuck around 7 cm, then all of a sudden went complete ... I told the nurse I needed to push and she said, so push! I said do you really want me to? (I Have a history of delivery fast w/ dd ... lol) ... he CROWNED with that first push ... so I had to pant through about 10 minutes of pushing contractions with him crowned, and finally the ob arrived. Another 2 pushes for the head, then 2 for his body ... he was apound and a half bigger than the other kids, which was why he took so much longer to dilate and move down. No tears or anything though.

Justin - I felt funny all afternoon, but it wasn't a big deal. Around time to start supper, I realized that my "funny feelings" were happening regularly so I called my midwife and went to the hospital. I was admitted to the birthing center around 9 PM, then labored in a jacuzzi (LOVED that!!). He was born after they broke my water just before midnight ... 15 minutes after that. It was the most peaceful, serene birth ... I hope we have another someday. It was just dh & I, the midwife and one nurse, and then Justin. No tears or anything again!
June 29th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Texas Mom
So lucky they went soooo fast! By the way...your kids are really, really beautiful!
July 6th, 2004, 11:39 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! New to this board!
My first baby was born with out drugs, but I labored withem for a couple hours (and totally regretted it), my second I labored naturally for 22 hours, then got an epidural (didn't regret it, but was sad about the way it worked out). With this last on, my dh and I really wanted a natural birth- and good thing too because we weren't given a choice. I woke up at 12:30 am to my water breaking, by the time we got to the hospital he was crowning while I was still in the car. His head was about delivered by the time I got into the building, and I delivered the rest of him in the ER. It was pretty crazy My complete birth story is in my website below.

</div>
July 6th, 2004, 11:45 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Mom@Jun 28 2004, 12:46 PM
The hardest part, no doubt is the last stage.
I could handle the contractions pretty well, pushing him out was hard but tolerable since it only took 2 pushes, but the stitches afterword about killed me! I had a 3rd degree tear- but I don't think that matters, no one should ever get a shot THERE!

</div>
July 6th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Veteran
With Kaili, I had both an epidural and an episiotomy and NOT by choice. I was 17 and my doctor basically made all the decisions for me based on what HE thought was best, and I was too naive to have much say in the matter. I labored with her for about 16 hours in the hospital (23 hours total) and she was born at 6:29 p.m. which was kind of wierd because her father's birthday is 6/29.

With Josalin I was huge and miserable, but wanted to try and have her naturally. This time I made the smart choice of going with a female OB/GYN, who was the sweetest older Middle Eastern woman. (I don't even live in MI anymore but I STILL recommend her to friends and family!) By the time I was dialated to 5 cm (at about 7:30 p.m.) I was having a really tough time and ended up being administered some sort of sedative through my IV which would allow me to sleep in between contractions but come-to for the duration of the contraction. I wasn't thrilled about the sedative but can now see how exhausted and weak I would have been had I not been able to rest. That wore off at about 3:00 a.m. and I was aroused to begin pushing. AMAZING is all I have to say- I felt EVERYTHING. My doctor was so calming and reassuring, and when the nurses asked her if she was going to perform an episiotomy, she quietly declined and continued to direct me. She was born at 3:31 a.m., a whopping NINE pounds with no episotomy and NO tearing. That woman knew what the heck she was doing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search