Danny's Birth Story

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2004, 02:14 PM
I Heart 4x4
Ok, at about 10:30 or so on the 13th, I was talking to DH (then my BF/SO) on AIM, crying my eyes out, saying I can't go through labor, I won't be a good mom, basically having a spazz attack. Then I went to bed at about midnight or so.

At 4am I sat straight up in bed wide awake (which was wierd, because normally I would have slept in until 9 or 10) and when I stood up, my water broke and WHOOSH out it came. It was an insane amount of water (3 pounds) - I stood there going "ew, ew, ew" (think Drew Barrymore in "Riding in Cars with Boys"). I ran to the bathroom, and put a towel in between my legs (fat lot of good it did, it soaked through in minutes). I called my mom and she answered the phone with "Okay I'll be there in a minute!". I was due in 5 days, so she knew someone would only call in the middle of night because I was in labor!

So she drove over in her pajamas and got me into her car (with towels everywhere) and sped me to the hospital at like 70 mph in a 45 zone (she had this insane idea that I'd deliver the baby 10 minutes after my water broke ). So I get to the hospital, and a guy comes out with a wheelchair and wheels me to the L&D unit.

As the nurses are setting me up, I had to go pee and I slipped and sliced my toe open. Luckily I didn't fall, but I did slip on my own amniotic fluid, since I was still gushing water out.

I didn't have any real good contractions for about two hours. They put me on pitocin, because I was only 2cm dialated. My best friend Eva and DH showed up at like 5:30am.

I didn't really have bad contractions until about 11 or 12, 7-8 hours into labor (the whole time I had been thinking oh this labor stuff is nothing!! ... until the nurse would come in and tell me there'd been no change ... LOL).

At about 1, I asked for some sort of pain medication - they gave me morphine. I was trying to not get an epidural, just to see how much pain I could actually stand. I won't be getting morphine again, it slowed my labor down AND it just put me to sleep and I still felt pain and my mom and DH and Eva told me I was "acting funny" for a couple of hours. I slept (from the morphine and lack of sleep the night before) for like an hour and a half to two hours. Woke up about 4 or so.

By that time my contractions were really starting to hurt, so I asked for an epidural. I went through 12 hours of labor without it, so I figured I did really good! The anasthesiologist came in, and it took him 3 times to get the catheter in correctly into my back (I kept jumping because it felt wierd) and he was kind of rude to me (well he was actually probably nice but I was in a "don't f**k with me right now sort of mood" ha ha ha). After the epi got put in, I felt fabulous! I didn't even feel my contractions! It was super. The next time around I am definitly getting it!

So, after 12 hours (at 4pm) of labor, I was only 4 or 5 cm dialated.

I spent the next the next 3 hours not doing a lot but working through contractions and joking with my mom, DH and Eva. I was absolutely STARVING too, since I couldn't eat.

Starting at 7pm (at the 15th hour of labor), I started getting REALLY bad contractions. I honestly don't remember anything from 7pm-8:30pm, because I was in such horrible, nonstopping, everlasting pain. I was later told I was screaming at Eva to "get off the *$%# phone" and I told my grandma I'd probably break her hand if she let me hold it (not because I was in pain or something, but because she's like 100 pounds and 70-something). Other than that, I don't remember except this horrible pressure.

At 8:30pm, I was given the okay to start pushing (my ObGyn had been sleeping and they woke him up when I hit 10 cm, and he had to brush his teeth, , which was sort of funny). I pushed for almost an hour, over and over again, I think Danny was rocking back and forth in the birthing canal. I could reach down and feel his head crowning, which was really strange. Eva later told me that when he crowned, I asked her if she could see what color hair he had, LOL. The silly things we say!

Finally at 9:10pm, Daniel Vincent was born (and boy oh boy, was that the best feeling in the world!). I had to get one stitch from a 2nd degree tear (I flat out told the doctor NO EPISIOTOMIES because I personally don't believe they should be done). I don't even remember the after-birth coming out and stuff, I think I was too hormonal and hysterical.

He weighed 7 lb 9 oz, and was 19.5 inches long. Had barely any blonde hair and big, bright blue eyes.

The first thing I asked for after he was born was, "Randy, go to Burger King!". So DH went and got me a double whopper, a large order of fries and a super large vanilla shake. Needless to say, it was devoured in less than 5 minutes.

We stayed in the hospital until Wednesday afternoon.

And that was my birth story!
December 27th, 2004, 11:03 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe!!! and look at him now! Can you believe such a cute little guy could have even gotten cuter!

Ofcourse you would have funnies in your story! You are Ash!!!
December 27th, 2004, 11:42 PM
supernatural's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to supernatural
Congrats on your little boy

Host to Close Pregnancies and Potty Training.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search