Adrian's Birth Story (1/5/1994)

Birth Stories

Share your birth story or birth announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2004, 10:56 AM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
This has got to be every mother's worst nightmare when they hear that they are due in the winter months here in New England (or anywhere in the snow season).

It was New years eve and I was having major major back pain. In and out of the hospital checking for contractions. And they were saying that everything was fine, that it was the weight of the baby putting strain on my back, because I still had a month to go. I would go home and take HOT showers to the point where I would drain the hot water tank get out, wait and start all over again.

1/5/94~ We had dinner, Mexican (hint if you are supersticious) and a little lovin and went to bed. 1:30 in the morning, I thought I peed the bed, so nonchalantly I got a change of clothes and went to the bathroom to change, and it wouldn't stop. So I woke EXH and we didn't have a phone at the time, so we had to go to the neighbors house. Well as we walked out the door we walked into the Nor'Easter of 1994 4 feet of snow on the ground. The storm hit 2 days early. Called the ER, wanted me to come in and get checked out because. It took my EXH and two neighbors to dig out the car. Roads were barely plowed and to top it all off......

MY CAR BROKE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! We were three blocks from the hospital. Here I am walking to the hospital, pants soaked, freezing, but NO CONTRACTIONS... Thank god.

Eventually I made it to the hospital, checked in, got changed into the jauny and they strapped me up to the carseat (baby monitor) and the first contraction hit.

8:32 pm on 1/5/1994, 17 hours and 17 minutes later, Adrian was born. I was in the hospital for 5 days because the Nor'Easter swung back around and hit us again, so they hospital wouldn't let me leave (plus my mom worked for my pediatrician and the worked some papers...lol)

So this time, if it happens, I want a child in any season BUT winter....
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
July 6th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I Heart 4x4
You poor thing!

I've never really been in the snow (except just driving through the mountains last XMas and once in high school for a day trip with my family to the mountains), so I wouldn't know what it's like to dig your car out!! Where I live it doesn't get colder than like 35, and that's in the dead of winter at night! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search