Had a great shop at Meijer today (one day sale)

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I sat around all day debating on whether or not I wanted to drive out there for this sale or not. They had chicken wings on sale and we eat hot wings like all the time at my house. Dh feeds them to his friends every time they are over watching football together. Usually when I try to stock up on them and they are on sale Meijer ends up selling out of them but I decided I was going to at least try to get them.

So I had to chase someone down from the meat dept but I bought ten bags of them. Normally $7.99 a bag, for $5.99. $20 savings. Not incredible but it's the lowest price I've seen them sell them at and we eat a lot of them.

Then I bought peanut butter. Peter Pan peanut butter, normally $2.19 (they have it on sale for $1.99 a lot though) for $0.99. Limit six. (bought 12) I just made two trips and went through different lanes.

Six packs of bottled pop, Buy 3 get 4 free. Limit one per transaction. (Did this twice, again made two trips)

Angel Soft toilet paper half off (don't remember the prices now). I bought 12 packs all together though. Now that I seen Jess's deal on tp I feel a little deflated though. Oh well. I'm stocked up on tp for a while.

I bought a few other things but that was the bulk of it. I feel so accomplished. My freezer is so full now that I don't think I am going to be able to buy much more frozen stuff. I have been buying A LOT of Lean Cuisine meals because they've been on sale all month. I know that isn't the most frugal food choice but it has been helping me manage my gestational diabetes and I am trying to get enough meals to get me through the remainder of my pregnancy.

January 22nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What great sales! I never see Angel Soft less than $4.99 here. I did try to get that free TP that JEssica was talking about but they only allowed 1 per household so I was not able to get more than one ;( .

January 25th, 2011, 11:13 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Good job!!
My beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!

January 26th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We eat hotwings a lot too but Super 1 rarely has them on sale. They had the bags on sale for 3.99 a few months ago and I wish I would have stocked up! Otherwise we usually pay around 8 bucks for frozen or 9 bucks for fresh packs.. so I'd say your 5.99 price is pretty darn good!

If you look on lean cuisine's FB page sometimes they have coupons up. They had a bogo coupon in December, but I think its already expired. They're not incredibly frugal, but they're yummy. I just had the Asiago cheese tortilini yesterday for lunch and ooooooomg yum.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
January 26th, 2011, 02:47 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelen View Post
We eat hotwings a lot too but Super 1 rarely has them on sale. They had the bags on sale for 3.99 a few months ago and I wish I would have stocked up! Otherwise we usually pay around 8 bucks for frozen or 9 bucks for fresh packs.. so I'd say your 5.99 price is pretty darn good!

If you look on lean cuisine's FB page sometimes they have coupons up. They had a bogo coupon in December, but I think its already expired. They're not incredibly frugal, but they're yummy. I just had the Asiago cheese tortilini yesterday for lunch and ooooooomg yum.
Yeh, I normally don't buy them unless they are on sale and I have a coupon but I haven't found any coupons for them for a while. I am just trying to get through this pregnancy. It has just been so hard to keep my carbs down and so this really helps. I think I may buy one more batch of dinners before the sale ends but I have so many right now that I might have enough to get me through the rest of my pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search