Question for the hardcore couponers

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I have been wanting to get into couponing, and now especially since I cant work (severe migraines)... Id like to do this to help out with finances... however I know alot of couponing is done online now...

And my question is this... arent you spending as much in printer ink as the coupons are saving you?

January 27th, 2011, 06:41 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, I'm not. You're not going to print every coupon out there. And with most coupons, you can only print two of each. And for the ones that don't print ads with them, you can get three to a page.

It costs me $25 for a color ink cartridge (you can use black only, but the difference is just a buck) and that's some serious overspending just because I'm too lazy to get mine refilled via Walgreens or a similar place. I can print hundreds of dollars worth of coupons with that one cartridge. And someone who gets a refill for way cheaper makes out even better.

The majority of couponing isn't done online unless that's what the person wants to do. Insert coupons, blinkies, tearpads, peelies, etc are done IRL.
January 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran
I print a LOT of coupons. A lot, a lot.

I print in only black and white, and I have a super awesome printer. My black ink cartridge is only 4.99-even cheaper with recycling. I get 2.00 back for each one, so they're really only 2.99!

All Products | All-in-Ones | Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 |Lexmark
January 28th, 2011, 05:36 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do the majority of my couponing online. I've been using the same ink cartridge for well over a year, and it's just now getting low. So, if you figure a cartridge is $25 (if you buy a brand new one, not a refill), I know I've saved way more than $25 in one year by using coupons and shopping sales.

January 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden's Avatar Texan In Seattle
I rarely print coupons. 99% of my coupons come from the Sunday paper, blinkies, tearpads and more. And even if I did print most of them, my savings would still be quadruple the amount I'd pay for ink.

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!
January 28th, 2011, 07:18 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Thanks guy!

Though I have a question.. what are blinkies, peelies, and tearpads?

January 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Veteran
blinkies=coupons from a little smartsource machine. They're placed around the store-at the item for the coupon. There is a little red flashing light on the machine, hence the name "blinkies."

peelies=these are coupons stuck to a product that has to be peeled away to use.

tearpads=these are a pad of coupons like a small pad of paper that are hung near the product. You tear it off to hand in with the rest of your coupons.
January 28th, 2011, 08:22 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I don't print my coupons online for the most part. I only print if I have to. When I first got started I made the mistake of printing out any coupon I thought I might use but now I just wait until the day I go shopping and then if I need a coupon I will print one. At the moment I need a new printer so I am not printing any at all but I don't even think you really need to print them online to save money. There are plenty of coupons in the paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden View Post
I rarely print coupons. 99% of my coupons come from the Sunday paper, blinkies, tearpads and more. And even if I did print most of them, my savings would still be quadruple the amount I'd pay for ink.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I only print coupons that I know I will use and that will save me money. I make sure not to just print ones that aren't that important. However, I do not print a whole lot. I was for a while, but now I have using other coupons mainly. I do print though when it is a great coupon.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search