Selling some of my stockpile. :( Want some?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden's Avatar Texan In Seattle
We're moving in 2 weeks and I can't take it all with me. Things like toothpaste, deodorant, razors, shampoo/body wash, and dish/laundry soaps will be going with us since we will obviously need and use them regularly, but 2/3 of my hand soaps, and all of my AirWick iMotions are being sold, as well as probably over half of my Gillette and Nivea Men's body wash since DH makes a bottle last for 4 months. I'm going to sell what I can and then donate whatever is left over.

The Air Wicks will be sold for $2 each (reg 7.99), Gillette and Nivea for $1 (reg 3.99), and Dial hand soap for .50 each (reg 1.30 or so).

It really sucks. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the possibility of really scaling my couponing down due to WA not having any stores that double and triple. I'm not a big fan of WAGS or CVS, but I guess I'll have to switch, though I won't get anywhere near the deals I'm used to.

It probably seems strange to be so upset (I've been crying a lot over this), but this is the first hobby I've ever had. The first thing that I've ever done JUST for me, yet also did wonderful things for my family. It's MY thing and I love doing it. I love being able to help my family and neighbors, and love the look of awe my husband gives when he sees my cheap, but plentiful scores. Lol.

Anyways. It sucks, but it needs to be done. The moving pods won't transport liquids, so we can only take what will fit in my trunk.

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!
February 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you think you could try to sell some on eBay? I just did a quick look out of curiosity and the Nivea is selling on there (in a lot of 6). I am sure the others are too. It can be a pain to have to get it all to the post office when you are busy with other things but if you have it all end on the same day and require payment within 24 hours you can get it out pretty fast and only have to make one trip to the Post.

Sorry. And good luck with the move!

Forever remembering your smiling face.
February 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No advice, but I wanted to say that it doesn't sound strange at all. It was your hobby, you enjoyed it. I can see why you're upset.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
February 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I can see why you would be upset. It was your hobby, something that you enjoyed doing and something that helped your family. They take away the double coupons here sometimes, and it always upsets me.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
February 13th, 2011, 09:48 AM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would look into either having a garage sale if it's warm enough where you live or try listing on Craigslist. I think taking shipping costs out of the equation would give you a better profit.

Then you'd have more seed money to work on building your stockpile back up in your new home. Don't count out WAG or CVS for great deals. The limits at CVS have declined recently, but not so at WAG. I think you'll be surprised at how easy it will be to rebuild.
February 14th, 2011, 06:10 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can understand why you are upset. I agree try selling or ebay or craigslist

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 14th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden's Avatar Texan In Seattle
Thanks ladies. I think I've worked out a solution with a great friend of mine. Her DH lost his job and she makes gorgeous hair bows, so she is going to come dig through my stockpile and reimburse me with hair bows!

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!
February 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear you are having to sell off some of your stock pile. Maybe you will be able to pick it back up in WA. However, I am glad to hear you have found a resolution! That is wonderful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search