I went shopping at Walgreens.

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Veteran
I'm not much of a couponer, but I decided to look at the circulars and the coupons in the Sunday paper. I promised myself I would only buy things that I would generally buy, and nothing else.

I went with my list:

2 packs of Mach 3 razors ($14.49 for 4 or $21.99 for 8)($4 coupon) ($10 Register Reward)
3 bottles of kids Suave Shampoo ($3 register reward) ($0.50 coupon)
1 bottle Method Hand soap $2.99 ($2 RR)
1 8 oz bag Pistachios $2.99 ($1 coupon)
2 Air Wicks start kits $9.99 BOGO ($4 coupon)

I had a $10 RR from buying Tena pads yesterday.

Well, the shelf for the Suave said $3.49, so I bought three. I had the coupon, so I got three to get the RR. When I checked out, it showed that they were on sale for $3 each, so I didn't get the RR--but if I bought another one, it was going to be another $3 to get the $2. Only issue there is that I think Suave is MUCH CHEAPER at Target.

The Mach 3s were a MUCH BETTER DEAL for the 8 instead of the 4, and since it's the only razor he will use, I got the larger package.

So, my total was $90 something, with all the coupons and savings it was $63. I also got my $12 in RR. So, $51, the cost of 16 razor blades, I got all that other stuff.

Of course, I never would have bought these Air Wick things.... so, yeah.

I guess it's a decent start, especially when this was my first paper, and no coupon stock piling.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

March 22nd, 2011, 02:42 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
Good job for your first time :-) Do you go on any blogs or coupon sites for match ups?

March 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Veteran
I tried to download the coupon.com printer last night--and the Seventh Generation one, too. I wasn't having much luck.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

March 24th, 2011, 01:03 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Good job!

About the match ups - I use afullcup.com and hotcouponworld.com. I love how they have everything matched up for me. lol
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search