I'm sold on coupons... especially with Walgreens! (Receipt pictures inc)

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Veteran
My sale purchase started with a $2.50 coupon off Tena pads. They were $9.99 with a RR of $10. My total cost was $7.49 + tax.

I took my RR back to Walgreens the next day where I made this purchase:

I received a $2 RR and a $10 RR. The Razors are my husband's preffered brand, and they were a great price. I only wish I'd thought to bring TWO $4 off coupons.

I took those to a different store this morning, and made this purchase:

The lady said I couldn't use the $2 RR because I had exceeded the coupons allowed. But since they didn't have the Spring Beauty coupons, I was going back to the other store, anyway.

At the other store, I did find the Beauty Coupons, and made this purchase:

After that I took my daughter to the bathroom, with my $5 RR in hand. I grabbed some hamburger rolls and English muffins--then got this receipt:

So, for $4.69 I got this:

Those purchased included $0.50 for a cheese stick and $0.59 for a candy necklace--both for my poor, poor child who really didn't want to be dragged to two different drug stores. So, it was actually $3.60--the cost of that half gallon of milk!

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

March 23rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't know there was a limit on the amount of coupons you could use in one transaction? Unless she meant that you didn't have a correct item to coupon ratio.. then you could have bought a pack of gum as a filler or something.

March 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Veteran
I had three coupons and three items, I think. But, it was okay, I just used it on my next purchase.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

March 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Veteran
Hmm. I'm not sure why she said that. I mean, the register said it, she didn't. But I had three items and three coupons. I think if I hadn't planned another purchase, I would have made a fuss.

March 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
way to go!!!

March 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off, good job!

Secondly, I know why the $2 RR wouldn't work. It doesn't cover tax. Your tax was $.92 and that brought your available balance for using an RR down to $1.98. Grabbing a pack of gum or something would've allowed you to use the $2 RR. You had enough items to use it; just not enough nontax OOP. Sometimes I ask the cashier how much my tax is so I can see if I can use an additional RR.

March 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by gctattoo View Post
First off, good job!

Secondly, I know why the $2 RR wouldn't work. It doesn't cover tax. Your tax was $.92 and that brought your available balance for using an RR down to $1.98. Grabbing a pack of gum or something would've allowed you to use the $2 RR. You had enough items to use it; just not enough nontax OOP. Sometimes I ask the cashier how much my tax is so I can see if I can use an additional RR.

That makes perfect sense! Thanks for clarifying.

March 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
You can only use the same amt of coupons as items you get. So if you get 10 items, you can't use more than 10 coupons. You will also see posts with "filler"items, small costing items just to add that additional item to use another coupon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
I didn't know there was a limit on the amount of coupons you could use in one transaction? Unless she meant that you didn't have a correct item to coupon ratio.. then you could have bought a pack of gum as a filler or something.
Did you have 3 coupons and then were trying to use a RR?

March 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Laugh View Post
You can only use the same amt of coupons as items you get. So if you get 10 items, you can't use more than 10 coupons. You will also see posts with "filler"items, small costing items just to add that additional item to use another coupon.

Did you have 3 coupons and then were trying to use a RR?
Yes, this is true. But it was the tax in this situation. She had enough items (3) for the number of manuf Q's + RR's she wanted to use (3 that ended up being just 2 that were allowed).
March 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gctattoo View Post
First off, good job!

Does this happen even if the RR doesn't actually say "valid on your next purchase over the coupon amount"?

March 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Don't know about that specifically. I think all RR's say something about not being used for sales tax. I don't have any on hand to look at though.
March 24th, 2011, 12:51 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Good job!!
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search