What are you favorite store incentives?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Veteran
We shop at Target a lot. I'd say in four months we spent about $1000 theres with the Red Card, we got $50 (5%) off---just or carrying the card and letting them debit straight from our checking.

We also have a Gap credit card. We pay it off after each purchase, but on Tuesdays you get 10% off. Also, the other day they gave me these coupons for dated Wednesdays of march-- 45% off one item. I had two. Also, yesterday I got a $10 coupon off one item. I just purchased two pairs of jeans for $22 including tax!

Do you have any kind of programs like this that keep you keeping back?

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

March 23rd, 2011, 10:05 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I love CVS for the ECB's and Walgreens for the Register Rewards. I have really been loving Fry's though for the gas incentive!
My beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!

March 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Veteran
We don't have Frys here! I'm still trying to figure out if Safeway doubles coupons.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

March 24th, 2011, 12:29 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Our Safeway here makes all coupons worth $1, but I'm not sure what it's like elsewhere.
My beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!

March 24th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
I like any store that offers a store coupon that can be stacked with a manuf. coupon like Rite aid or Target. I can get most items free on those types of scenarios. I don't use credit cards anymore, so I don't do any incentives that way.

March 24th, 2011, 05:12 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Target since I can stack store & manuf. coupons. And I like my .10/gallon off for Kroger gas too.

We used to have a Mastercard that was connected to a 529 for our DD, so we would use it for everything, but they did away with that program late last year. Boo. So, now we just use cash/debit.

March 24th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
I love Target since I can stack store & manuf. coupons. And I like my .10/gallon off for Kroger gas too.

We used to have a Mastercard that was connected to a 529 for our DD, so we would use it for everything, but they did away with that program late last year. Boo. So, now we just use cash/debit.
I feel you on credit cards. We don't have credit cards either--we did sign up for the Gap card at school time last year, though. It was 40% off our entire purchase--which totaled over $400 with jeans for both kids. Since our credit scores are both nearing 800, we decided it was worth the one time hit. The incentives have been worth it, too--especially since we don't run a balance.

As a side note---4 years ago we were $50,000 in credit card debt. We cut way back and paid $1000 a month to get out of debt. A month or two before the debt was gone, my husband's company sold, putting us in a whole new category--one where we could buy what we want, whenever we want. It's actually kind of scary--because all my previous tightening the string skills got pushed aside.

I'm getting back to it, though.

March 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
Unfortunately when hubby left the chef job, he decided to start his own business and while it was hit or miss, we'd pay bills, etc on CCS, so they soon went up and up *sigh* We are making headway now paying it all down, but it does take time. We have ditched all ccs and only use debit cards now. It's so easy to use credit cards, so hard to pay them off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2cats1dog View Post
I feel you on credit cards. We don't have credit cards either--we did sign up for the Gap card at school time last year, though. It was 40% off our entire purchase--which totaled over $400 with jeans for both kids. Since our credit scores are both nearing 800, we decided it was worth the one time hit. The incentives have been worth it, too--especially since we don't run a balance.

As a side note---4 years ago we were $50,000 in credit card debt. We cut way back and paid $1000 a month to get out of debt. A month or two before the debt was gone, my husband's company sold, putting us in a whole new category--one where we could buy what we want, whenever we want. It's actually kind of scary--because all my previous tightening the string skills got pushed aside.

I'm getting back to it, though.

March 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Laugh View Post
Unfortunately when hubby left the chef job, he decided to start his own business and while it was hit or miss, we'd pay bills, etc on CCS, so they soon went up and up *sigh* We are making headway now paying it all down, but it does take time. We have ditched all ccs and only use debit cards now. It's so easy to use credit cards, so hard to pay them off.
It happens to all of us. We met and married in NYC--which is unbelievably expensive to live. We paid for our wedding, honeymoon, and all baby things with credit cards. When we met I was debt free--and was in college, so other than babysitting (which is quite lucrative) I didn't have a real job. I had $38,000 in available credit. Why on earth do credit card companies give credit lines like that to people with no documentable income?!

You'll get out of the problem someday. Don't let it get you down. We never thought we would get out of debt--then, all of a sudden, we had over $100,000 in the bank. It took us a long time to find balance with that. My husband got a huge pay raise--and it was like a rush to see who would spend all the money first. I am not bragging--I'm trying to explain that it can be just as stressful (well maybe not AS STRESSFUL--but another kind of stress), to face no longer being in debt, when you know you can live in $400 a month for groceries, and suddenly, you don't bother. One day you look and discover you spend $1200+ a month on groceries, and you're still eating out at least 3 times a week, and throwing out food.

It's like a tail spin.

Last edited by 2kids2cats1dog; March 24th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
March 24th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Pick&save for the gas perks, and walgreens register rewards which I just started using not too long ago. Neither DH or I have a credit card. We DID have carecredit which was what they put Dh's school program on (kinda weird, but whatever) and we're paying on that, but otherwise are debt free except for the van payment, can't do without that van though, it's the one the kids fit in!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search