Clearance finds?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 11:39 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Do you shop the clearance sections of stores?
Where do you find the best clearance deals?
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

April 1st, 2011, 04:48 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I love clearance! I always find pretty good deals at Wal-Mart on kids clothes, I got two pack tank tops/shorts for DD last year for $1
April 1st, 2011, 05:21 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course! Target clearance is my weakness. I also find decent kids' clothes on clearance at Kohls.

April 1st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also do walmart clearance for kids' clothes. Some of target's clearance stuff is still so expensive, like a pair of kids jeans on clearance for 9.00? That's walmart's regular price lol

April 1st, 2011, 08:37 AM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of my clearance finds are for clothing; WalMart, Meijer, and Sears. Meijer also has a lot of good home clearance.

Forever remembering your smiling face.
April 1st, 2011, 10:40 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I love Target for clearance items. Some are still priced way to high, but if you catch it at the right time, you can get some good deals! I also love Sears for kid's clearance.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

April 2nd, 2011, 04:55 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
I love clearance items :-) Although my Walmart has a clearance aisle and I swear they are regular prices, but they red ticket them to get people's attention.

April 2nd, 2011, 06:40 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOOOOOVE Target clearance. I have been stalking the store for Levi's 1st birthday, and bought his invites for 74c a pack, thank yous for 74c, goody bags for 47c a pack and they are all soooo cute (Eric Carle themed). As far as Target clothing goes, it does cost more than Walmart, but IMO it is a better quality and washes up so much better. I try hard not to buy Walmart clothes.
April 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I miss Target clearance! One time I found an endcap of clearance baby stuff when shopping for DS1's formula/diapers. The stuff wasn't expired, but I got TONS of those gerber meals for like 50c each. I liked their clothes too, seemed a little better quality than Walmart. They were still a bit high sometimes.

I will head for the clearance rack in just about every store I go into

Walmart.. I love cruising their clearance aisles! During my pregnancy I got lots of tank tops for $2 each. Got lots of kid's clothes for around $1 each etc.. I find a lot of clearance stuff there. Sometimes too much probably. I usually wait to find shoes for DS1 on clearance. He's so hard on shoes that I usually buy multiple sizes for really cheap.

Kmart is another one I like for clearance. I find a lot of marked down stuff there. If I wait long enough I can get it really really cheap too.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
April 2nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Veteran
Safeway clears meat at 50% off the day it's supposed to expire. I go there first if I'm shopping there. I frequently find organic steaks for $5 a pound, whole organic chickens for $4, etc.

I had coupons for 45% off one item at the Gap on Wenesday. There was a pair of clearances jeans for $9.97--and I got 45% off. Plus I got a stamps on my buy four pairs, get one free card--I always buy my youngest the jeans at the Baby Gap, then get the free pair at kids Gap.

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search