Paper, Plastic, or reuseable bags?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Luv2Laugh's Avatar Frugalicious mama!
What do you use? For a long time before many others started, I used reuseable. But lately, I have been forgetting to take them along with me. I wish they made checkout areas a little more reuseable bag friendly. Sometimes it seems like more of a hassle. So, what do you you use?

April 9th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Veteran
I often forget my bags in the car, load my items on the belt, then move to the front of the cart, and just replace the items in my cart one-by-one. Then, when I get to the car, I load it into the bags. For me it's a space thing more than anything else. I can't bring myself to throw away the bags--especially the thick paper ones from Whole Foods, and I have no space for them.

On the flip side, if I'm going to have a fire or BBQ, I do get paper bags because they burn really well as kindling!

Please excuse typos as most of my posts are made on my iPhone while nursing my toddler. Yup--I practice self weaning.

April 9th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Ashl3y
Often, plastic. We have a ton of reusable bags but I almost always forget them at home. It's not too bad though because when we have to use plastic, I use them as garbage bags in the bathroom and the price that I pay for those plastic bags ends up being a bit cheaper than buying a box of the bathroom garbage bags, so works for us.
April 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I use reusable a lot, but when we forget them, I use the plastic. I keep them in a caddy and use them for different things around the house.
April 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I try to use reusable, but I often forget. I do resuse the plastic ones when I get them.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search